What the Funk

KarpetRydOFunk

Well I guess if we play into the hijacking, it's going to turn into personal shots, and a lot of shit talking, if we follow the thread, we were just discussing me sneaking one right under Karpet O Metals Funky Ride, because my daughter was sitting by me(pure coincidence)singing Groovus Maximus, and it made me think of Funk O Karpets Metal Ride, so I figured iI'd hit him with some lyrics, when he came back on and mentioned my daughter, I was something I do not get to much, I was in sincere shock, how the fuck did he know it had anything to do with my daughter? now i see it was pure coincidence, but other then that, I managed to do something I aint done yet, get one over on the Funky Carpet man, ha ha ha, feels good, my victory was then spoiled by the jealous one who can never venture far without making sure his name stays in the threads, even ones he has never posted on, sheesh, well it was great while it lasted, so now back to the funk.....

• My Little Pony

Well I guess if we play into the hijacking, it's going to turn into personal shots, and a lot of shit talking, if we follow the thread, we were just discussing me sneaking one right under Karpet O Metals Funky Ride, because my daughter was sitting by me(pure coincidence)singing Groovus Maximus, and it made me think of Funk O Karpets Metal Ride, so I figured iI'd hit him with some lyrics, when he came back on and mentioned my daughter, I was something I do not get to much, I was in sincere shock, how the fuck did he know it had anything to do with my daughter? now i see it was pure coincidence, but other then that, I managed to do something I aint done yet, get one over on the Funky Carpet man, ha ha ha, feels good, my victory was then spoiled by the jealous one who can never venture far without making sure his name stays in the threads, even ones he has never posted on, sheesh, well it was great while it lasted, so now back to the funk.....

Well, I'm happy for your elation. Even if it was short-lived. But, like you said, "back to the funk."

• My Little Pony

Edison Glass

In reply to Wes' question--a genuine reply--no, this thread isn't dedicated to Funk bands. Case in point: Edison Glass. These lads play a form of Indie Rock with their feet planted Progressive soil while their heads are in a cloud of Pop. Before you go running off, Geoff, I should tell you you won't find any odd instruments playing odd instrumentals for an odd length of time. I could go on for a few more sentences attempting to describe their sound, but I'll let the music speak for itself.

These tracks are from their last album, Time is Fiction, as that is the only album I have and have heard. I did listen to a song from their first album under the name Edison Glass (they were called Mannafest for a few releases, and then Edison for an EP) and it sounds to be in the same vein. I plan on tracking down their other releases, as I've had this album for five years, and it's one of my favourite releases in my collection.

Let Go

Cold Condition

Without A Sound

End of You

All Our Memories

See Me Through

Our Bodies Sing

Time is Fiction

I think this will be better received than the previous entries. Let me know what you think.

Hey funkOkarpetmetalride, G-Off isnt going to like any of this stuff bro, you should know that, he clearly stated in another thread his favs are Glass Tiger, Hall & Oats, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, and Madonna, so what would you think he likes this for? I havent said anything cause i dont care to stroke your ego, but Ive already ordered 2 bands youve posted on here, im the only one who matters, me, so make all your posts directed towards me, btw, you ever heard Face Time Police? I just checked them out, and I think they are fucking wicked, but nobodys badder then the Dankster, I Love Living In The City, gotta love my Danko!!! (special quotation for you even though im not on my cell phone posting this)

• My Little Pony

Hey funkOkarpetmetalride, G-Off isnt going to like any of this stuff bro, you should know that, he clearly stated in another thread his favs are Glass Tiger, Hall & Oats, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, and Madonna, so what would you think he likes this for? I havent said anything cause i dont care to stroke your ego, but Ive already ordered 2 bands youve posted on here, im the only one who matters, me, so make all your posts directed towards me, btw, you ever heard Face Time Police? I just checked them out, and I think they are fucking wicked, but nobodys badder then the Dankster, I Love Living In The City, gotta love my Danko!!! (special quotation for you even though im not on my cell phone posting this)

Whether he likes anything here or not is beside the point. I have great respect for the man for the fact he will listen to anything at least once, if only to confirm his suspicions, before writing it off. Hell, he said himself, he didn't hate those songs I posted by Haim. Do I expect him to like anything here? No. But I do intend to give him a heads-up before he decides to sample whats on offer here.

Now, to address the second part, I have not heard of Face Time Police, but will look into that straight away.

Haha, yeah, thanks mate. I spun some stuff, but definitely not my cup of tea at all. I was joking about the terrible music thing. Of course to me it is, but to each their own. ;) Get down wich your bad self.

Whether he likes anything here or not is beside the point. I have great respect for the man for the fact he will listen to anything at least once, if only to confirm his suspicions, before writing it off. Hell, he said himself, he didn't hate those songs I posted by Haim. Do I expect him to like anything here? No. But I do intend to give him a heads-up before he decides to sample whats on offer here.

Now, to address the second part, I have not heard of Face Time Police, but will look into that straight away.

Bro the problem with Geoff, is the shit he likes just isnt out there in droves, because it's a certain kind of sound, and it requires a certain kind of talent to make that sound, last year we got lucky because a fucking shitty band called Hit The Lights decided to make their producer their singer, and that brought forward a completely new band, who i heard immediately dumped a load, then headed over here to be shot down dead in my tracks as g-off had already posted the entire album months earlier, if we get an album like that even once a year It would b enough for me, but outside of Cauterize SFFR, their arent a whole lot of albums that ever come out that WE like, and he is the only other person I know on this planet that likes the exact same flavor of music as I do, that's just where he stops, and I keep going, because there is not enough music like that, I go down other genres, so that is why I tell you play it for me, cause I might like it, he will not.

• 1 year later...