CDs for Schmucks!

glam_junkie

I got one:

defbefore.jpg

Remember in the late 80s/early 90s, when rock and metal "crossovers" were suddenly the hip thing to do (i.e. Aerosmith and Run-DMC jammin' together, Anthrax teaming up with Public Enemy)?

The dudes in the H.A.R.D. Corps sure do, and man they wanted to get in on that action something awful... they were a short lived bunch of bandwagon-jumpers that released DEF BEFORE DISHONOR (grooooooaaaaan!!!), their lone major label effort, in 1991. They even had the gall to cover AC/DC's "Back in Black" in a rap-metal context (:puke:)!

The only reason I even heard of this band back then was because I happened to buy an issue of Metal Forces magazine that had a promotional sampler cassette attached to it, and one of their songs was on the tape. It was...godawful. :puke:

Gimme Body Count any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one:

defbefore.jpg

Remember in the late 80s/early 90s, when rock and metal "crossovers" were suddenly the hip thing to do (i.e. Aerosmith and Run-DMC jammin' together, Anthrax teaming up with Public Enemy)?

The dudes in the H.A.R.D. Corps sure do, and man they wanted to get in on that action something awful... they were a short lived bunch of bandwagon-jumpers that released DEF BEFORE DISHONOR (grooooooaaaaan!!!), their lone major label effort, in 1991. They even had the gall to cover AC/DC's "Back in Black" in a rap-metal context (:puke:)!

The only reason I even heard of this band back then was because I happened to buy an issue of Metal Forces magazine that had a promotional sampler cassette attached to it, and one of their songs was on the tape. It was...godawful. :puke:

Gimme Body Count any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

LOL!

I remember seeing this c.d. at the old CAMALOT store in the East Brunswick Mall.

I think they were selling it for $1.00. I passed on it to get other stuff..

• 4 years later...

I remember when The Quireboys first appeared in the metal media. They, along with Thunder, were lauded as the great hopes for British metal/rock. Thunder were great, the debut album rocked, whereas I hated Quireboys. They got plenty of airplay back then, much to my bemusement. Fortunately, a friend used to tape Headbangers' Ball for me every week (as we didn't have MTV) so I could fast forward through that stuff.

Then a few years later The Wildhearts appeared to similar hype. I hated them just as much.

Earth Vs The Wildhearts is a classic mate.. sad.gif

I know it was popular, it just didn't do anything for me. There were a few British rock albums around that time that seemed to be highly-rated, but I couldn't stand. We've already mentioned Quireboys and Wildhearts, another one was Skin. In fact, the latter really turned me off and their self-titled release was the last album I bought before a 5-year hiatus from rock and metal (and therefore was at least partly responsible). I guess even though I am British and as patriotic as the next man, I just preferred the American stuff.

Oh hell yes my man! Another nail on the head. Many years ago I got Skin's wrist slashingly bad 2nd album first and I despised it. I saw they had released their debut a few years earlier and for some braindead reason I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried that one too. Sure enough it was just as bad as the 2nd CD.

Jeez mate, you've done well. Three of the worst, most boring bands I have heard in my life. Keeping it British, has anyone mentioned Tattoed Love Boys yet? Or Rock City Angels? All of them so bad I want to beat my head just thinking of them.

Tattooed Love Boys WERE awful (their lead singer now runs a hair salon not far from where I live) ... Rock City Angels are/were Yanks, mate :)

I LOVE the first Wildhearts album ... nothing they've done since comes close ... I've seen Thunder, but never gave their albums much of a chance (how foolish I was), but Skin were hugely over-rated!

• 4 weeks later...

I've got two from Atlantic Records:

Lostboys-Lost and Found

Kiss of the Gypsy-s/t

While its true there were LOTS of great bands signed to Atlantic (Ratt, AC/DC, Twisted Sister, etc), they seemed to be obsessed with signing every hair band that wasnt signed to a major yet (same problem which plauged CBS records by the late 80s), leading to stuff like this that was obviously signed just for the image.

I've got two from Atlantic Records:

Lostboys-Lost and Found

Kiss of the Gypsy-s/t

While its true there were LOTS of great bands signed to Atlantic (Ratt, AC/DC, Twisted Sister, etc), they seemed to be obsessed with signing every hair band that wasnt signed to a major yet (same problem which plauged CBS records by the late 80s), leading to stuff like this that was obviously signed just for the image.

Haha, two great calls there. Two horrible CDs. What about Pleasure Bombs? They were awful and with Atco/Atlantic too, weren't they?