CDs for Schmucks!

glam_junkie

I really hated this one when it came out. I know some people rated it, but I thought it was terrible.

32456.jpg

Wondered why no one rushed to agree with me, but I don't think the image worked...

Haha... no mate, it certainly didn't. For curiosity's sake, which album is it?

That's 2 different images that didn't work. I'm pretty confident this one will:

LONDON1.JPG

:puke:

I don't mind that album. I never listen to it anymore but I really do like several songs on that one.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one:

Britny%20Fox-Springhead%20Motorshark.jpg

What...the...f*ck? Seriously, just what the f*ck?

Honestly, I do not not like this album. :anon:

Does anyone? (Outside of the band members themselves of course, and possibly their immediate family members?) :blink:

I think you missed what Rick said....

And im gonna say it. This is a cool album. Its different. It rocks.

I got one:

Britny%20Fox-Springhead%20Motorshark.jpg

What...the...f*ck? Seriously, just what the f*ck?

Honestly, I do not not like this album. :anon:

Does anyone? (Outside of the band members themselves of course, and possibly their immediate family members?) :blink:

I think you missed what Rick said....

And im gonna say it. This is a cool album. Its different. It rocks.

It's patchy and scrappy, but I don't mind a few tunes on it either. I couldn't call it a great album and there is utter garbage on it... but it's not a total write-off.

Quireboys however, yeah totally agree with you there, James. Such a terrible, terrible band.

... Quireboys however, yeah totally agree with you there, James. Such a terrible, terrible band.

No way. You have been drinking too much dingo piss. :crazy:

What do you mean? Do you think they deserve 3 x "terribles?" Okay, why not, and I'll raise you one. Yeah, they were about as bad as it gets. ;)

... Quireboys however, yeah totally agree with you there, James. Such a terrible, terrible band.

What do you mean? Do you think they deserve 3 x "terribles?" Okay, why not, and I'll raise you one. Yeah, they were about as bad as it gets. ;)

:thppt: <--- on a frozen icy pole. :lol:

Of all the CD listed in this thread... I think the Quireboys release may be the best. Or maybe "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich". I used to dig the London Quireboys live... cool vibe. I saw them 3 or 4 times as an opening act at Hammerjacks in Baltimore.

Of all the CD listed in this thread... I think the Quireboys release may be the best. Or maybe "Dirty Rotten Filthy Stinking Rich". I used to dig the London Quireboys live... cool vibe. I saw them 3 or 4 times as an opening act at Hammerjacks in Baltimore.

With Steel Panther, Warrant, Bulletboys, 'Chinese Democracy' and even 'Springhead Motorheadface' in this thread I'd say Quireboys are quite near the bottom of the pile. ;)

I remember when The Quireboys first appeared in the metal media. They, along with Thunder, were lauded as the great hopes for British metal/rock. Thunder were great, the debut album rocked, whereas I hated Quireboys. They got plenty of airplay back then, much to my bemusement. Fortunately, a friend used to tape Headbangers' Ball for me every week (as we didn't have MTV) so I could fast forward through that stuff.

Then a few years later The Wildhearts appeared to similar hype. I hated them just as much.

I remember when The Quireboys first appeared in the metal media. They, along with Thunder, were lauded as the great hopes for British metal/rock. Thunder were great, the debut album rocked, whereas I hated Quireboys. They got plenty of airplay back then, much to my bemusement. Fortunately, a friend used to tape Headbangers' Ball for me every week (as we didn't have MTV) so I could fast forward through that stuff.

Then a few years later The Wildhearts appeared to similar hype. I hated them just as much.

Wow, we're finally agreeing on some stuff here, mate. I too hate Wildhearts every bit as much as Quireboys. Two utterly dreadful bands. Nice one. :)

Wow, we're finally agreeing on some stuff here, mate. I too hate Wildhearts every bit as much as Quireboys. Two utterly dreadful bands. Nice one. :)

Plus agreement on the Kelly Brook issue! You must be getting worried... :unsure:

Quireboys awful awful awful, I went to see them when they were called The Queerboys .... and they were a bit crappy, but after the album came out and the name change - they were still crap, everytime I saw them they were a real drag (and I saw them 3 or 4 times). The 1st album was soooo boxed in and had about as much spark as an underwater bonfire party!

But the Wildhearts....glorious....I'll fight you both to defend them....and I have some wicked moves I learnt off watching WWE! And I've practised them using my sons toy wrestlers...oh yeah I'm ready!! :lol:

Stephen Pearcy - Coaster.....i mean 'Fueler'.'

'Social Intercouse' (which proceeded this one) was pretty solid..but this one was a frisbee.

Totally agree! Fueler was and still is AWFUL! And I paid $8 for the damn thing which ticks me off even more! Where's the little pukey guy...ah here he is: :puke:

'Social Intercouse' (which proceeded this one) was pretty solid..but this one was a frisbee.

Totally agree! Fueler was and still is AWFUL! And I paid $8 for the damn thing which ticks me off even more! Where's the little pukey guy...ah here he is: :puke:

Yup it's awful and I got it free a while back and I still haven't made it all the way through the entire disc yet and probably never will.

Here's another suggestion from me, bought this a while ago and really struggled to listen to it. Terrible imo.

NEEDLEPARK_CGR.JPG

Mate, can you let me know when planes are coming in and out of England because we need to hi-5 each other. In other words, totally agree. That CD is a total waste of space.

Peace out,

Geoffrey Andrew William Shakespeare

Yup it's awful and I got it free a while back and I still haven't made it all the way through the entire disc yet and probably never will.

Wes, the next time you are in town bring your copy and we will find something fun and evil to do to them. :beerbang:

Wes, the next time you are in town bring your copy and we will find something fun and evil to do to them. :beerbang:

How about July 2011? :whistle:

Earth Vs The Wildhearts is a classic mate.. :(

I know it was popular, it just didn't do anything for me. There were a few British rock albums around that time that seemed to be highly-rated, but I couldn't stand. We've already mentioned Quireboys and Wildhearts, another one was Skin. In fact, the latter really turned me off and their self-titled release was the last album I bought before a 5-year hiatus from rock and metal (and therefore was at least partly responsible). I guess even though I am British and as patriotic as the next man, I just preferred the American stuff.

I know it was popular, it just didn't do anything for me. There were a few British rock albums around that time that seemed to be highly-rated, but I couldn't stand. We've already mentioned Quireboys and Wildhearts, another one was Skin. In fact, the latter really turned me off and their self-titled release was the last album I bought before a 5-year hiatus from rock and metal (and therefore was at least partly responsible). I guess even though I am British and as patriotic as the next man, I just preferred the American stuff.

Oh hell yes my man! Another nail on the head. Many years ago I got Skin's wrist slashingly bad 2nd album first and I despised it. I saw they had released their debut a few years earlier and for some braindead reason I gave them the benefit of the doubt and tried that one too. Sure enough it was just as bad as the 2nd CD.

Jeez mate, you've done well. Three of the worst, most boring bands I have heard in my life. Keeping it British, has anyone mentioned Tattoed Love Boys yet? Or Rock City Angels? All of them so bad I want to beat my head just thinking of them.