The "(Name of Band) SUCKS" Thread

Fat Freddy

I had forgotten about this thread :)

Earlier this week I was re-reading thru a bunch of my old Metal Edge mags from the mid/late 90s and damn, some of the crap bands they were trying to pass off as "metal" were killin' me. Anyone ever wonder whatever happened to...

Apartment 26

Puya

Cold

Crazy Town

Jesse and the 8th Street Kids

Days of the New

Dope

....nahh, me neither.

I quite like(d) Cold - 'When Angels Fly Away' is a bloody good song ... but I'm with you on the rest of 'em ...

Pretty much any 'Metalcore' band sucks, as far as I'm concerned ... a lot of the music is pretty good, then you get some idiot screaming all over the shop ... *shudder*

• My Little Pony

So...

As I was just taking about members not being around in a long minute, Widda jumps on to right two posts, and promptly jumps off.

Pretty much any 'Metalcore' band sucks, as far as I'm concerned ... a lot of the music is pretty good, then you get some idiot screaming all over the shop ... *shudder*

Carcass is a pretty kick ass death metal band, give them a listen.

Carcass is a pretty kick ass death metal band, give them a listen.

I like death metal - I was fortunate enough to see Carcass when they toured with Amon Amarth, and they were FANTASTIC! :) It's the floppy-fringed, metalcore shite I can't stand ... on the same bill were Bleed From Within, and they were truly dire!

• 3 weeks later...

This may not be the right place to post this (I couldn't find a thread elsewhere), but I'm not a fan of bands making a comeback (or carrying on) with a line-up that has very few original/well known members ... to my mind, they're more like 'tribute' acts than anything else.

Thin Lizzy spring immediately to mind - without Phil Lynott (and when the line-up was reduced to only having ONE former Lizzy member in the ranks) how could it possibly BE Thin Lizzy? They're far more credible as Black Star Riders.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Ohhhh my gosh, this thread has GOT TO BE THE BEST ONE EVER MADE I don't even care if I like a lot of the bands being bashed on! Now, I'm not a swearer but here goes :rofl2:

DAMN  F***ING SH***Y QUEEN!!! 

Freddie can go die in a hole and I'm very glad he did!! BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY is 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮 Another one bites the dust is disgusting, and they will never rock me!! 

😅😅😅😅😂😂😂😂😅😅

I have needed to go vomit that all up for a while now! My mom doesn't know I just said the things I did even if she doesn't like Queen either I'd still get in trouble, but hey! QUEEN =🤮🤮

On 2/16/2015 at 7:39 AM, Gibbo said:

This may not be the right place to post this (I couldn't find a thread elsewhere), but I'm not a fan of bands making a comeback (or carrying on) with a line-up that has very few original/well known members ... to my mind, they're more like 'tribute' acts than anything else.

Thin Lizzy spring immediately to mind - without Phil Lynott (and when the line-up was reduced to only having ONE former Lizzy member in the ranks) how could it possibly BE Thin Lizzy? They're far more credible as Black Star Riders.

Me either!!! 

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Freddie can go die in a hole and I'm very glad he did!! 

Possibly one of the harshest comments i've read on this forum. Not very Christian of you young lady. 😉

6 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Possibly one of the harshest comments i've read on this forum. Not very Christian of you young lady. 😉

Yeah, lol. I don't like Queen either, but wow. Jesus wouldn't be too happy with that one. :)

6 hours ago, Darkstone said:

Yeah, not very nice.
I have a bunch of popular bands who aren't my thing, and I simply don't listen to them.
Never got ACDC or Metallica the way most people did. Both bands have some awesome songs but for me the rest of their catalogues is average.
Don't like U2, but love Angel Of Harlem and a few others.
But I have no desire to rip on bands here. If you like 'em, great, if I don't great, and vice-versa.

Regardless of what anyone things of Queen's music, and Freddie Mercury (and possibly his sexuality) he was a brilliant song writer.

Guys, this is what the topic is for- you can't tell only me & no one else in the thread to shut their filthy mouths. Besides I never ever say things like that I was only taking advantage of the topic ;) No Jesus probably isn't too happy about that, but I'm sick of Freddie Mercurys, and here I'm allowed to blow it out 😂 Got something to get off your chest? This is the place to vent your anger, frustration, or just go off. This is the ONLY place it will be tolerated. Don your asbestos undies.

The rules: Bash only one band per post. Fans of the band being bashed, please don't get all hurt and start posting rebuttals, as this strictly in fun. Just let it fly!! It's very therapeutic!!
Edited by PetraGirl86
  • Like 1

Yeah, that's all cool, and I don't think anyone is upset or hurt.

Just that being glad someone is dead is pretty extreme.

If that post was made on a lot of otehr forums, it would have drawn a lot of anger and hatred.
That didn't happen here, and I think we all get your angle and that it was meant in fun.
I'd be careful repeating it too often, can only draw a lot of drama

1 hour ago, CureTheSane said:

Yeah, that's all cool, and I don't think anyone is upset or hurt.

Just that being glad someone is dead is pretty extreme.

If that post was made on a lot of otehr forums, it would have drawn a lot of anger and hatred.
That didn't happen here, and I think we all get your angle and that it was meant in fun.
I'd be careful repeating it too often, can only draw a lot of drama

No I know that, I wasn't going to post it anywhere else anyways, besides, if you know me that's not the usual coming from me, so I think it's all fine. 

• 2023 Gold Donors
2 hours ago, PetraGirl86 said:

Guys, this is what the topic is for- you can't tell only me & no one else in the thread to shut their filthy mouths. Besides I never ever say things like that I was only taking advantage of the topic ;) No Jesus probably isn't too happy about that, but I'm sick of Freddie Mercurys, and here I'm allowed to blow it out 😂 Got something to get off your chest? This is the place to vent your anger, frustration, or just go off. This is the ONLY place it will be tolerated. Don your asbestos undies.

The rules: Bash only one band per post. Fans of the band being bashed, please don't get all hurt and start posting rebuttals, as this strictly in fun. Just let it fly!! It's very therapeutic!!

Feel free to speak your mind here whether people agree,disagree,like,dislike,etc.....

I grew up with people who were sex ,drugs and rock n roll .Now they are so conservative that it's sickening:puke:

You can't smoke this can't ,love these people, can't listen to this music,blah blah blah.

Screw 'em all !!!

Enjoy your youth and never forget what it's like to be young !

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nyoilers said:

Feel free to speak your mind here whether people agree,disagree,like,dislike,etc.....

I grew up with people who were sex ,drugs and rock n roll .Now they are so conservative that it's sickening:puke:

You can't smoke this can't ,love these people, can't listen to this music,blah blah blah.

Screw 'em all !!!

Enjoy your youth and never forget what it's like to be young !

Hahaha, thanks!😂 It's exactly my luck for everyone to jump when I make an argumentative post whatever forum website I'm on, it always happens to me :P I'm just stating a fact there, not defending myself in any way 😉😋

Ya just can't come across a topic like this and simply go "I don't like Queen" you gotta do what everyone else does:  

"HORRIBLE BAND NAME IN ALL CAPS"

And then say something terrible about them! :angel:

Don't be afraid to say what's on your mind, it's OK
Be who you wanna be cause it's your life

Rock America ~Danger Danger 

Edited by PetraGirl86

• 2023 Gold Donors

Absolutely nothing personal Petra. Of course, you're right about this thread. It's all about bashing artists you hate without judgement. I feel the same way about "Poison" as you do about "Queen". My initial comment was a smart arse jibe at your un-Christian sentiment. No offense intended mate, hence the winking smiley face. 😉

Edited by Darkstone

Hahaha, no I understood that part, but I really don't need anyone else to censor me since like I said, in general I'm a very good girl, and my family isn't on here so I had extra fun with the thread 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Bon Jovi are up there with Five Finger Death Punch and Black Veil Bride as bands people love to hate.
I don't hate Bon Jovi.
I don't dig what they are doing now, but I think people have short memories.
If you can honestly say that youw were never a fan, then cool, but when Slippery came out, it was a game changer.
it was, and is, great music, and they deserve to be recognised as much as Kiss are for inspiring a whole breed of other bands.

• Thanks 1

f

On 1/26/2015 at 7:45 AM, Gibbo said:

I quite like(d) Cold - 'When Angels Fly Away' is a bloody good song ... but I'm with you on the rest of 'em ...

Cold wasn't bad at all, the song Just Got Wicked might possibly be the biggest Gavin Rossdale soundalike rip off song in history, Crazy Town wasnt even rock, they were Rap, and Dope sounded just like every other flash in the pan band of that era.

3 hours ago, CureTheSane said:

Bon Jovi are up there with Five Finger Death Punch and Black Veil Bride as bands people love to hate.
I don't hate Bon Jovi.
I don't dig what they are doing now, but I think people have short memories.
If you can honestly say that youw were never a fan, then cool, but when Slippery came out, it was a game changer.
it was, and is, great music, and they deserve to be recognised as much as Kiss are for inspiring a whole breed of other bands.

7800 Fahrenheit is in my top 20 favorite in the history of me, and it's probably one of the most overlooked albums of the 80's, I thought it was just solid, the fact they were all fucked up, and depressed is probably what made it so good. Other then that, and a few songs off the debut and Slippery, and my most favorite song of theres, Edge Of A Broken Heart, I think they were pretty mediocre only writing songs for the radio and not really putting to much into their shit.

• 2023 Gold Donors

I think the Bon Jovi debut is my favourite. "Fahrenheit" is a close second. I love the "Keep the Faith" album and even though I was happy with "These Days", to me it was very much radio friendly as Cody said and signified (for me anyway) the end of an era.