The "(Name of Band) SUCKS" Thread

Fat Freddy

Oh man - I could fucking go off on this thread! I could mention Rob Zombie and every grunge band but it's a given they suck King Kong's nutsack.

I would mention the godawful Stikki Fykk but we know they suck turds.

So I am gonna be really fucking bold here and nominate:

GUNS N FUCKING POSERS.

I don't give a FUCK how good that first album is - Axl has the worst voice EVER in rock music - sounds like a cat getting castrated. Not to mention he's a complete cock.

I was never a huge fan of the "GLAM" sound but Nuns and Posers make Poison tolerable.

FUCK OFF!!!

Hey, I'm not alone!

Hey I ranted that same thing on here somewhere, and got about castrated for saying it! you couldve put any vocalist on Appetite and it wouldve kicked just as much ass, imo

Oh man - I could fucking go off on this thread! I could mention Rob Zombie and every grunge band but it's a given they suck King Kong's nutsack.

GUNS N FUCKING POSERS.

I don't give a FUCK how good that first album is - Axl has the worst voice EVER in rock music - sounds like a cat getting castrated. Not to mention he's a complete cock.

I was never a huge fan of the "GLAM" sound but Nuns and Posers make Poison tolerable.

FUCK OFF!!!

Hey, I'm not alone!

Hey I ranted that same thing on here somewhere, and got about castrated for saying it! you couldve put any vocalist on Appetite and it wouldve kicked just as much ass, imo

Doods, you're missing a pretty massive point in the fact that Axl wrote all/most the lyrics and is probably responsible for a handful of hooks that 95% of the population know.

I don't think Axl has a good singing voice either, but I wouldn't change a thing on the 'AFD' disc and know for a fact that with "any other vocalist" it would sound nothing like it does, and not in a good way. He's a unique chap, young Axl.

I guess my point is that Axl Rose is far more than just a set of vocal chords. Dude can craft a song... even if it was a bit hit and miss after 'AFD.'

• 2 weeks later...

GUNS N FUCKING POSERS.

FUCK OFF!!!

Hey, I'm not alone!

Doods, you're missing a pretty massive point in the fact that Axl wrote all/most the lyrics and is probably responsible for a handful of hooks that 95% of the population know.

I don't think Axl has a good singing voice either, but I wouldn't change a thing on the 'AFD' disc and know for a fact that with "any other vocalist" it would sound nothing like it does, and not in a good way. He's a unique chap, young Axl.

I guess my point is that Axl Rose is far more than just a set of vocal chords. Dude can craft a song... even if it was a bit hit and miss after 'AFD.'

I agree he didn't have the best voice but Axl had that extra someting that was unique and different to the norm and he was able to use several different voices throughout the same song and his lyrics were excellent being both beautiful and violent. Slash gets so much credit and it's deserved but most know that it was Izzy that was one of the main songwriters especially on appetite. And Duff was the musical director as he was a guitarist and drummer before he was a bassist so he had a different point of view. Like them or not they were a band that were needed at the time and became huge on not just great songs but a great and chaotic live show and of course the controversy surrounding the band didn't hurt either. I still love the band and listen to the cds often and dig the updated classic rock meets punk rock sound they fused together.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh man - I could fucking go off on this thread!  I could mention Rob Zombie and every grunge band but it's a given they suck King Kong's nutsack. 

GUNS N FUCKING POSERS.

I don't give a FUCK how good that first album is - Axl has the worst voice EVER in rock music - sounds like a cat getting castrated.  Not to mention he's a complete cock.

FUCK OFF!!! 

Goddamit! I saw the thread & was reading through it to get a feel so I could post... And here I see it was already done :(

I've gotta add to it... The first album sucked balls too. Ground breaking or original? Nope. I remember when they came on the scene & all the wannabe metal heads were cranking take me down to douchebag city on their sparkomatic stereos in their cars, my friends & I would crack up laughing til it hurt

Wow, not a lot of love for GnR going on in this thread!

To each their own, but I still consider Appetite to be the bench mark for sleaze rock. A total classic, without a filler in sight. Some songs maybe a bit over familiar now (like 'Sweet Child Of Mine') but that doesnt mean that they are not still classic songs.

I also saw GnR live twice (although one I didnt really pay much attention - Donnington) and the Milton Keynes Bowl gig in the UK was awesome. No complaints on the original band live at all.

To each their own, but I still consider Appetite to be the bench mark for sleaze rock. A total classic, without a filler in sight. Some songs maybe a bit over familiar now (like 'Sweet Child Of Mine') but that doesnt mean that they are not still classic songs.

I also saw GnR live twice (although one I didnt really pay much attention - Donnington) and the Milton Keynes Bowl gig in the UK was awesome. No complaints on the original band live at all.

I can't stand Axl and I don't listen to GnR these days at all but that doesn't take away from the fact that AFD blew me away when I first heard it and it is definitely a classic...

• 4 weeks later...

Great White with Terry Ilous

What. The. Fuck????

:lol: Yeah, it's not good. Terry should reform XYZ and release something amazing and Jack Russell should return to his obvious home.

A guy at work loaned me a CD by Black Veil Brides a couple of days ago. Apparently his kids are into'em and he sez "I thought you might like it, they remind me of early Motley Crue."

Gave it a spin and...well, maybe it's just me but I certainly don't remember early Motley Crue sucking quite this badly.

In other words... BLACK VEIL BRIDES SUCK!!!

A guy at work loaned me a CD by Black Veil Brides a couple of days ago. Apparently his kids are into'em and he sez "I thought you might like it, they remind me of early Motley Crue."

Gave it a spin and...well, maybe it's just me but I certainly don't remember early Motley Crue sucking quite this badly.

In other words... BLACK VEIL BRIDES SUCK!!!

I heard the same thing Keef...

All I can say is, Thank God for You Tube.... :tumbsup:

Would I be alone in wanting to add Machine Head to this thread? I quite enjoyed a few songs on their first album, but since then I've found them completely f*ing terrible.

Would I be alone in wanting to add Machine Head to this thread? I quite enjoyed a few songs on their first album, but since then I've found them completely f*ing terrible.

Not at all. Machine Head does nothin' for me either. I saw them open for Metallica a couple of years ago and I thought seeing them live might help them "click" with me but ... nah. Other than the one M.H. song I do like ("Imperium") the rest of their set just sounded like one long WOOOOOARRRRRRGH.

Not at all. Machine Head does nothin' for me either. I saw them open for Metallica a couple of years ago and I thought seeing them live might help them "click" with me but ... nah. Other than the one M.H. song I do like ("Imperium") the rest of their set just sounded like one long WOOOOOARRRRRRGH.

Good man. For my part, I think 'Davidian' is a great song, but I wish they'd gone away after that.

What. The. Fuck????

Awful. And as a GW fan, I'm insulted that they kept the name. Kendall and Russell have been the sound of Great White for over 30 years. It's not the same anymore.

• 7 months later...

I can't stand Axl and I don't listen to GnR these days at all but that doesn't take away from the fact that AFD blew me away when I first heard it and it is definitely a classic...

Agree

What. The. Fuck????

Awful. And as a GW fan, I'm insulted that they kept the name. Kendall and Russell have been the sound of Great White for over 30 years. It's not the same anymore.

Agree

Good man. For my part, I think 'Davidian' is a great song, but I wish they'd gone away after that.

I wish they'd never bothered in the first place ... I've never understood their appeal ...

I'm going to add Soulfly to this list ... I like Sepultura, but I just can't see the point of Soulfly (other than as a vehicle to allow Mr. Cavalera to use the word 'tribe' every other sentence in interviews) ... just awful ...

And Korn. Have they already been mentioned?

I'm with Glen on this - 'Appetite' is a stone-cold classic ...

I only saw them at Donington, but I can remember the crowd going nuts ... after that, they became a travelling circus and I lost interest, but for a while ... oh, man ....

The Poodles

Name yourselves after a crap dog and as if by magic, crap albums follow.

How did I miss this? Possibly one of the funniest things you've ever said, my friend :)

Vince Neil ... pretty dire as a human being, no good whatsoever as a solo artist ...

Nirvana

Avenged Sevenfold

• 1 year later...

I had forgotten about this thread :)

Earlier this week I was re-reading thru a bunch of my old Metal Edge mags from the mid/late 90s and damn, some of the crap bands they were trying to pass off as "metal" were killin' me. Anyone ever wonder whatever happened to...

Apartment 26

Puya

Cold

Crazy Town

Jesse and the 8th Street Kids

Days of the New

Dope

....nahh, me neither.