The "(Name of Band) SUCKS" Thread

Fat Freddy

Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

What. The. Fuck?

I like those two discs. Yes their OTT but hey it was the 80's plus I've always like Mark Slaughter's voice. Plus their 10,000 times better than Peter Criss' two 80's solo albums(and that goes for all Criss solo albums except maybe Cat #1).

I like those two discs. Yes their OTT but hey it was the 80's plus I've always like Mark Slaughter's voice. Plus their 10,000 times better than Peter Criss' two 80's solo albums(and that goes for all Criss solo albums except maybe Cat #1).

That reminds me... Any and all Peter Criss solo work including Cat #1. What. The. FUCK?

That reminds me... Any and all Peter Criss solo work including Cat #1. What. The. FUCK?

Supposedly he's working on a new rock cd with Richie Scarlett that is supposed to be good so we'll see on that. Surely someone like Richie can write some Kiss style rock songs that Peter can sing on.

I feel the urge to add Iced Earth to this thread. All the songs I've heard are the same - good intros, nice enough verses, good guitar, but then weedy, chanty, poppy choruses. Utter drivel imo.

I feel the urge to add Iced Earth to this thread. All the songs I've heard are the same - good intros, nice enough verses, good guitar, but then weedy, chanty, poppy choruses. Utter drivel imo.

Yeah, overrated for sure....one decent release only (Something Wicked This Way Comes)....

Yeah, overrated for sure....one decent release only (Something Wicked This Way Comes)....

I totally disagree but to each his own I guess.

While Something Wicked is the cream of the crop IMO, The Dark Saga, Stormrider, Glorious Burden, Horror Show and Burnt Offerings are all awesome. Plus when they came along not to many had the Metallica meets Maiden sound so they were trailblazers for the Power Metal genre in some ways in the early to mid 90's.

Guest Metal Mark

Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

What. The. Fuck?

I agree totally. I liked him in KISS, but VVI was a total wankfest. The second album was even worse than the first.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

What. The. Fuck?

I agree totally. I liked him in KISS, but VVI was a total wankfest. The second album was even worse than the first.

THANK YOU!!! That's what I've been tryin' to tell these frickin people for years now!!

Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

What. The. Fuck?

THANK YOU!!! That's what I've been tryin' to tell these frickin people for years now!!

You are both wrong. Carry on then... :bananamac:

• 3 weeks later...

TIGERTAILZ...

The singer sounds like a weasel in labor, the guitar player is a solo waiting to be f**ked up, and the bass player apparently knows only four notes of which two are wrong.

Other than that, they're awesome.

TIGERTAILZ...

The singer sounds like a weasel in labor, the guitar player is a solo waiting to be f**ked up, and the bass player apparently knows only four notes of which two are wrong.

Other than that, they're awesome.

I like Kim Hooker's vocals, but I can't stand Steve Jaimz's vocals in the debut album.

• 3 weeks later...

Tesla. Singer is a Steven Tyler clone and all their songs are dreary dirge-sounding songs.

Dirge sounding?

Yes Jeff is very influenced by Tyler vocally but doesn't sound exactly like him IMO and I hear nothing that I'd call dirge sounding. IMO they were one of the best rock bands of all time and still are when you consider that their last two post reunion discs are both great and have enough of their original sound mixed in with some more modern sounds. But that's just my thoughts and I can understand how some people might not like everything that some others like.

• 2 months later...

This is SO FUN!!! I could go on forever about newer pop bands and how they suck balls. But, in the vein of HH, Axel Rudi Pell. That guy could not compose a proper solo to save his life. His soling is aimless and wandering and without direction and he needs to use string oil, cause I can hear the string noise when he changes chords. I like his music ok, but the soloing just completely ruins the whole thing for me!!! Axel....go get some guitar lessons from Lukather or MacAlpine, or John Sykes or Doug Aldrich. Whew...I feel alot better!! :dance:

I'll play again and as they have been mentioned recently about releasing a new album (god help everyone who actually buys the thing)

Ugly Kid Joe

They blew the first time around, so please, please! no second chances.

Vinnie Vincent Invasion.

What. The. Fuck?

You are both wrong. Carry on then... :bananamac:

Read something the other day about how he's re-recording the second album ... let's hope he makes a better job of it this time!

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Oh man - I could fucking go off on this thread! I could mention Rob Zombie and every grunge band but it's a given they suck King Kong's nutsack.

I would mention the godawful Stikki Fykk but we know they suck turds.

So I am gonna be really fucking bold here and nominate:

GUNS N FUCKING POSERS.

I don't give a FUCK how good that first album is - Axl has the worst voice EVER in rock music - sounds like a cat getting castrated. Not to mention he's a complete cock.

I was never a huge fan of the "GLAM" sound but Nuns and Posers make Poison tolerable.

FUCK OFF!!!

Metallica, a perfect pinpoint poser band, playing exactly what their business meeting formulated from their very 1st note of any song, until their exact same formulaic nauseating identical cord\note pain stakingly plucked in their last song off their last album, they were so good at playing what they were trying to catch on playing(82 thru 88)that they had even the most unbreakable of us(me)duped into believing they were sincere, could play, and understood what us me and the very few other elementary school students wanted to hear and feel, turns out they were doing nothing more genius and clever then going threw the motions and following the machine, they are the all time biggest fraud to ever make a noise after the record button was issued, then releasing countless one off singles as B-Sides on their $50+ Japanese singles where my 5th grade ignorant and brainwashed brain would mow countless lawns in order to eventually send off for the $85 3 song Japanese Import and to get that 1 song that prevented me from owning their entire catalog, and having that one Metallica song any of my peers only wondered and guessed what it could sound like, never having the ability to possibly know let alone actually having a copy of the song(ie The Prince, Breadfan, So What), I could stupidly make 10 copy's on cassettes just to make sure my fellow rockers weren't left completely abandoned, in the end this entire fucking pathetic ACT!!! ACT!!! sucked elementary school children's last cent out of them, while posing to be something that they no more were then Milli Vanilli at least Milli Vanilli got outed and exposed for the cheap and pathetic con artists cheats they were, and admitted to it, no Metallica not only will not publicly every admit to it, they don't even have the balls to step forward when accused of it and admit they have been busted, they just keep denying it, churning out shit after shit, and the really brainwashed ones still cant even see it and break the ties that bind, Metallica the biggest and most SUCKSESFULL dupe con-artist job in the history of music!

• My Little Pony

Oh man - I could fucking go off on this thread! I could mention Rob Zombie and every grunge band but it's a given they suck King Kong's nutsack.

GUNS N FUCKING POSERS.

I don't give a FUCK how good that first album is - Axl has the worst voice EVER in rock music - sounds like a cat getting castrated. Not to mention he's a complete cock.

I was never a huge fan of the "GLAM" sound but Nuns and Posers make Poison tolerable.

FUCK OFF!!!

Hey, I'm not alone!

GUNS N FUCKING POSERS.

FUCK OFF!!!

Seems fair. 'Appetite' is a great album even now, but would have been better with a good vocalist and I really hate the 2 (two? who did they think they were?) 'UYI' albums. Funny how Axl has the biggest ego and the least talent.