Hell In the Club - awesome melodic hard rock from italy. WOW!

glam_junkie

Gave this a quick spin and it appears to be a game of two halves, but they're a pretty exciting band regardless.

The track list:

1. Never Turn My Back

2. Rock Down This Place

3. On The Road

4. Natural Born Rockers

5. Since You're Not Here

6. Another Saturday Night

7. Raise Your Drinkin' Glass

8. No Appreciation

9. Forbidden Fruit

10. Star

11. Daydream Boulevard

12. Don't Throw In The Towel

I'd say songs 1-7 are all great to pretty good but there are a few average tracks towards the end. The production job is as good as you'll hear these days, which is a huge plus, and there is a lot of variety on board, which is nice too. There's ballads, delicious melodic rockers and much harder rocking tunes too. Early pick would be 'Since You're Not Here,' which I found particularly engaging. Heavy track in the verses, almost with a modern vibe, then dropping into a wonderful melodic chorus. Yeah, that song stood out for me. 'Never turn my back' could have been the anthem of the year but it is restrained slightly with the title line of the song, but that and 'On the road' are exceptional too. It's no surprise that this is their more melodic side, which I prefer, but as I said, this is a pretty exciting band anyway.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm... listened to 'Natural Born Rockers' and 'Another Saturday Night', and didn't really like them. I just found the choruses a bit boring. 'On The Road' sonds much better though, I like that one, might have to download it...

Hmm... listened to 'Natural Born Rockers' and 'Another Saturday Night', and didn't really like them. I just found the choruses a bit boring. 'On The Road' sonds much better though, I like that one, might have to download it...

'On The Road' is clearly the stand out track here, but in fairness the whole album is pretty good. Nice effort.

'On The Road' is clearly the stand out track here, but in fairness the whole album is pretty good. Nice effort.

Great song but I think m y favorite track is Since You're Not Here. The closer is a ball buster too! I'm loving this album after just 4-5 spins.

Great song but I think m y favorite track is Since You're Not Here. The closer is a ball buster too! I'm loving this album after just 4-5 spins.

Haven't heard this one for a few weeks now, but 'Since you're not here' was my pick too.

Haven't heard this one for a few weeks now, but 'Since you're not here' was my pick too.

Give it a few more honest spins. It's one of those that gets better w/ each listen.

This is a very solid disc. Rock Down This Place, On The Road are my personal favorites. There are only 2 tracks that have not stuck with me yet and those are the very first and very last tracks...but I am giving them more spins.

Give it a few more honest spins. It's one of those that gets better w/ each listen.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I haven't not listened to it because I dislike it at all, I've just been on a month-long Soundwave-bands-only run. Only 7 more days to go and then I'll get back to my normal music listening routine. :)

wow.... finally got to listen to this one all the way thru.

simply awesome album.

all the talk of filler put me off a bit, but after listeneing i would say that only 1 track strikes me as a filler (not sure of the name, but it's a funk influenced track.... i'm not a fan of these).

it may hve been released january 2011, but i'm sure come december it's still gonna be top 5 for me.

• 2 years later...

New album from these guys coming up in 2014 as reported on their FB-page - nice! I still think that their debut rocks and is one of the very best discs ever to come out of Italy.

Been waiting forever! What are they? Fucking Def Leppard? :)

Love the debut!!!

New album from these guys coming up in 2014 as reported on their FB-page - nice! I still think that their debut rocks and is one of the very best discs ever to come out of Italy.

agree, i love that disc and hopefully the new one is at least on par :)