Is the HH discussion board almost extinct?

zacharyamelie

I see AORPOMPY (aka AOR Freaky) is alive again and posting on RockReport... will he return here to post on the main site? That would certainly wake people up... ;)

I don't believe I was around these parts when AOR Freaky posted here in the forum. I bet if he came back over here things would sure pick up again.

He never actually posted here in the forum, only on the main site. When asked to bring his debates over here to the forum he would plead ignorance as to how to log in, say that he was banned, the dog ate his password, etc. Fun times... :headbanger:

Ahhhh ..., yes ... ! The good old days ... ! ;)

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see AORPOMPY (aka AOR Freaky) is alive again and posting on RockReport... will he return here to post on the main site? That would certainly wake people up... ;)

Oh for fuck sake!! :doh:

(For the benefit of a newbie) please explain...

• My Little Pony

Hell, just search through AOR bands on the main site and you'll indubitably come across Freaky's posts. Hilarious! I wasn't around then, but the remains are still there. I used to spend hours reading through posts made about bands I couldn't care less for, but the constant war between, Freaky and primarily Jez and Uncle Pete (Blue Charvel) were nearly epic at times. I'm definitely up for stirring some shit.

Hell, just search through AOR bands on the main site and you'll indubitably come across Freaky's posts. Hilarious! I wasn't around then, but the remains are still there. I used to spend hours reading through posts made about bands I couldn't care less for, but the constant war between, Freaky and primarily Jez and Uncle Pete (Blue Charvel) were nearly epic at times. I'm definitely up for stirring some shit.

Rings a bell, I've seen some pretty outrageous posts from that guy. I'd quite look forward to seeing Jez, Pete and others give him a good (verbal) kicking!

I still post here, and check the boards several times a day, but I have to say that the reason I am not involved more has a lot to do with some of the things mentioned above.

I have been knocking round on here for years, and it is indeed very cliquey. The people I probably spoke to most in the early days are no longer around or not on a regular basis at least.

Cliquey? Really? I've never gotten that vibe at all compared to some other boards I'm on, but then again I'm not as prolific a poster as many are here. I've just not seen it. Sure, Geoff has his buddies, but I've always seen him as being buddies with just about anyone, given half a chance. I've never gotten an insider/outsider feeling with all the interaction there.

Wow, I really missed a heap of posts in this thread!

Yeah, I always get nervious about the "cliquey" comments because I do post quite a bit here and wonder if such comments are aimed at including me as part of an evil "clique." But I hope what Dan says is apparent to others, as I certainly never purposely ignore anyone ever, and I distribute my stupid comments quite evenly, I feel. :lol:

Anyway, I agree with a lot of the guys here in that this is one of the least "cliquey" boards I have ever seen on the net, and that's a huge reason I dig it so much. :)

I still post here, and check the boards several times a day, but I have to say that the reason I am not involved more has a lot to do with some of the things mentioned above.

I have been knocking round on here for years, and it is indeed very cliquey. The people I probably spoke to most in the early days are no longer around or not on a regular basis at least.

Cliquey? Really? I've never gotten that vibe at all compared to some other boards I'm on, but then again I'm not as prolific a poster as many are here. I've just not seen it. Sure, Geoff has his buddies, but I've always seen him as being buddies with just about anyone, given half a chance. I've never gotten an insider/outsider feeling with all the interaction there.

Yeah, I always get nervious about the "cliquey" comments because I do post quite a bit here and wonder if such comments are aimed at including me as part of an evil "clique." But I hope what Dan says is apparent to others, as I certainly never purposely ignore anyone ever, and I distribute my stupid comments quite evenly, I feel. :lol:

Anyway, I agree with a lot of the guys here in that this is one of the least "cliquey" boards I have ever seen on the net, and that's a huge reason I dig it so much. :)

Excuse me for being a dumbass but explain the word "cliquey" :cartman:

It means "butt spooning"

It means "butt spooning"

Matt bugger off!!!

It means "butt spooning"

Matt bugger off!!!

EXACTLY!

It's pretty much a term used to describe, for the most part, high school groups as far as I know. Like the "jocks" all hang out together, as do the nerds etc. Just a gay term to describe a group of people who exclusively hang out together and don't welcome outsiders.

It's pretty much a term used to describe, for the most part, high school groups as far as I know. Like the "jocks" all hang out together, as do the nerds etc. Just a gay term to describe a group of people who exclusively hang out together and don't welcome outsiders.

Believeable - NOT

Thanks Geoff! And sorry Matt, I didn't know you belong to "those" people :whistle:

Thanks Geoff! And sorry Matt, I didn't know you belong to "those" people :whistle:

Matt is not in my clique. He hangs around outside it and shoots us hopeful glances, but all I can offer him is my middle finger.

Rings a bell, I've seen some pretty outrageous posts from that guy. I'd quite look forward to seeing Jez, Pete and others give him a good (verbal) kicking!

Freaky Freddie 'The Legend in his own mind', coming to argue the toss and proclaim his superiority at a message board near you soon.

Believe you me, I wasn't the only one that got into a shooting match with the mad Belgian. Almost anyone who dare disagree with him, including himself and his alter egos, suffered the same fate. I hope that if he starts posting on boards again that at least he has calmed down a little and treats others with a little more respect. I have a sneaking suspicion that he won't and it will be bite the old lip time again, but watch this space.

It's French gangsta talk: "clique clique boom" :beerbang:

Speaking of French, Freaky originally he went by the nom de plume "Freddy de keyze" (probably because of his great love for keyboard laden AOR).

Speaking of French, Freaky originally he went by the nom de plume "Freddy de keyze" (probably because of his great love for keyboard laden AOR).

I've had a quick look through a few of the AOR reviews on the HH site at Freaky's comments and I am amused. Loving the frequent lectures on what is and isn't AOR and the run-ins with various other members, culminating with Geoff's coup de grace "Please get back to me if I'm allowed to like this...".

For one CD, freddy de keyze said, "I only pick up the brilliant CD's and this is once again one of them. Not the greatest AOR record of all time, but very close." Later on, AOR freaky said of the same album, "Indeed, a very, very good AOR record, but far from a classic. There are certainly better acts that this." Is there some inner turmoil going on?

Anyway, not intended to be a witch hunt, I just found it quite entertaining.

• 3 weeks later...

Well.....it took me awhile to find this thread......I'm old, so that's why I'm slow-w-w-w!!! I've been around here almost from the beginning and I pop on here 2 or 3 times a day during the cooler/winter months when I'm indoors. During the summer months I find that I'm not on the computer much and try to take a quick peek at what's goin' on at least once a day. The auctions I do follow that general trend too.....I'm just not around in the summer months.

Like most everyone, I have my favorite topics to check like the buy/sell/trade.....AOR...metal & sleeze/glam threads.

Then of course, I always have to check the computer/tech stuff and that's where most of you guys/gals see me. I try to help when I can. These computers can really be fickle and just like a car, they aren't worth crap if they don't run right.

I read Sam's posts about the status of ROCK here in the States. Probably being about the oldest geezer on this board, I've seen the peak of our music and have watched it's demise......I think that started in the early 90's when the record companies started "forcing" Americans to listen to something different (that's my opinion). All the good melodic rock/metal bands we love were forced to go to Europe and Japan to get their music released by the labels over there. Sure, we got some killer indies that came out here that were pressed up by tons of local bands (Oh how I love 'em too). Then the internet age appeared and all of a sudden we no longer passed around want/trade lists, catalogs and publications like GOLDMINE etc etc. Collectors went right to the idiot box and could find things we searched for years and only dreamed of finding. A-h-h-h then they started downloading, bootlegging, CDRs, MP3's and all that digital stuff......record/CD sales started dropping. Only the big name bands have any chance of continuing. Things have really changed over the years....not only in the style of music we listen to, but the media we use and the method of delivery to our ears.

Yeah, I love to come here and read.....once in a while I throw my two cents worth in on a thread, but, I generally stay quiet for the most part.

I'd really be lost without this board to read.....I see those "handles/user names" and after all these years am able to put real names and people behind them. I bet it took alot of shining stars on the board a long time to figure out that the guy who goes by the name of Delbert is........a ......Delbert!!! :bananamac:

• 1 month later...
If a few weeks go by without CDs being added here at HH, it's not going to kill the site...

A few weeks?? Try months!! I don't know how many CDs get submitted in a given week but goddamn, it shouldn't take MONTHS to add a CD to the site.

I also feel as a newbie my opinions don't matter. Hell, I don't even get many responses when I post topics so I move on to other sites where you don't have to be in a clique to make friends.

Just my humble opinion.

If a few weeks go by without CDs being added here at HH, it's not going to kill the site...

A few weeks?? Try months!! I don't know how many CDs get submitted in a given week but goddamn, it shouldn't take MONTHS to add a CD to the site.

I also feel as a newbie my opinions don't matter. Hell, I don't even get many responses when I post topics so I move on to other sites where you don't have to be in a clique to make friends.

Just my humble opinion.

And which CD are you complaining about not being added? There's also the possibility that one of the moderators decided that the disc/band wasn't appropriate for HH.

Clique?

Really? Wow...

Just my humble opinion.

WOW... That sure was a random post.

To the best of my knowledge everything done on this site is on a volunteer basis. We are lucky enough to have a site with such a large data base and the loads of info available. I would be willing to bet that there isn't a site where you can find the massive amount of info that you can here. Remember.. this site is dedicated for the most part to "Melodic Music". If I want info on bands that do not fall into that genre I look elsewhere.

This would be a good chance to thank Dan and every moderator that makes this site what it is.

Thanks guys... :drink:

I wasn't trying to be an ass. Sorry Dan.

Maybe it's like that other dude said.... I'm not that interesting!! :whistle:

Let me take a moment to say I love this site. It's the most kickass hardrock/aor/metal site I've been on. Dan and whoever moderates does an outstanding job.

I didn't realize that there are actually 3 sites you dudes have to add discs too and I realize they all have to be reviewed.

To answer your question Dan, it was Rhino Bucket's latest disc "Who's Got Mine" that I submitted way back in December and it's still not listed. No big deal. Was just wondering aloud why it takes so long.

If you send an address Dan, I'd like to make a donation. I'd like to put my money where my mouth is. (Awesome JET tune) :guitbannana:

I refuse to use PayPal.

Wowser... another post about cliques... I've really never felt there were cliques here, and in fact it's one of the reasons I keep coming back. I don't get on here as often as I'd like, and when I do half the time it's to post propaganda about myself. Other than that I'll do a quick scan of the new posts, and reply to the ones that I know something about.

I really don't care who posts a thread, I'll respond to anything from anyone if it's something I'm into. One thing to keep in mind though is that a small number of us actually are friends outside of the confines of the boards, so I can see where that might seem cliquey, but trust me this place is about as far from cliquey as it gets. Plenty of cliques on other boards though, and I will NOT be naming names... ;)

I wasn't trying to be an ass. Sorry Dan.

Maybe it's like that other dude said.... I'm not that interesting!! :whistle:

Let me take a moment to say I love this site. It's the most kickass hardrock/aor/metal site I've been on. Dan and whoever moderates does an outstanding job.

I didn't realize that there are actually 3 sites you dudes have to add discs too and I realize they all have to be reviewed.

To answer your question Dan, it was Rhino Bucket's latest disc "Who's Got Mine" that I submitted way back in December and it's still not listed. No big deal. Was just wondering aloud why it takes so long.

If you send an address Dan, I'd like to make a donation. I'd like to put my money where my mouth is. (Awesome JET tune) :guitbannana:

I refuse to use PayPal.

Respect to this post, good way to set the record straight imo.

I don't think this forum is cliquey, but I can see how it might appear so to a new user. Or to someone who doesn't like Treat or Pink Cream 69. :whistle:;)