Bad City

Glen

Another excellent sounding album for 2010. Available now on itunes.....havent checked for a physical release.

Itunes deluxe gives you 2 bonus tracks as well....'War On Love' & 'Dont Stop'

http://www.myspace.com/badcitymusic

Here's a song from the album -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1QMtuH92i4&feature=channel

Yeah, this one is pretty good indeed. Solid from start to end with nothing awful in the mix. Good chance I'll grow even fonder of it over time too. Kind of like a mix of Wig Wam and Covered Call... maybe not quite as "bombastic" as Wig Wam. Some cool, unique lyrics too.

'Fire in the pouring rain' is just about my favourite song of 2010. Stunning vocal/lyrical hooks all throughout the song, most strongly in the verses. Brilliant, brilliant track.

'Fire in the pouring rain' is just about my favourite song of 2010. Stunning vocal/lyrical hooks all throughout the song, most strongly in the verses. Brilliant, brilliant track.

Mate, the best track is the bonus 'Love On War'....excellent stuff with a killer solo.

Like 'Murder 101' except better........

Mate, the best track is the bonus 'Love On War'....excellent stuff with a killer solo.

Some great hard rockers on this one, no doubt, but I think really incredible tracks like 'Fire in the pouring rain' are way too few and far between. Reminds me of 'Angel walks' from that band I can't even think of the name of right now. Indie from the early 90's. Standard 80's rock band with just this stunning piece of music on it, out of nowhere. I love me a moment like that/this.

Some great hard rockers on this one, no doubt, but I think really incredible tracks like 'Fire in the pouring rain' are way too few and far between. Reminds me of 'Angel walks' from that band I can't even think of the name of right now. Indie from the early 90's. Standard 80's rock band with just this stunning piece of music on it, out of nowhere. I love me a moment like that/this.

yeah OK calm down mate. Just standard fair to these ears.

Unlike you to pick a ballad as the best track ;-))

[for the record 'Love On War' crucifies this song.....but hey, that's just my opinion]

I've not heard 'Love on war' and not sure where to hear it. All I know is that for me personally, 'Fire in the pouring rain' is pretty much my favourite song of the year. I have such high respect for lyrical hooks like those on display in this tune. :)

• 2 months later...

I dont want to let this thread slip as this one helluva rockin album!

Yeah, but what's more is that such a good album will struggle to make my top 20 I reckon. Great year.

Got the hard copy recently... still enjoying it. I was amazed to see these guys are actually signed with Atlantic! How on earth did they manage that? Good on them, though. Where are they from anyway?

I know I've said it a million times, but 'Fire in the pouring rain' and Vega's 'Stay with me' will probably battle it out for favourite song this year.

Got the hard copy recently... still enjoying it. I was amazed to see these guys are actually signed with Atlantic! How on earth did they manage that? Good on them, though. Where are they from anyway?

I know I've said it a million times, but 'Fire in the pouring rain' and Vega's 'Stay with me' will probably battle it out for favourite song this year.

Call Paul Stanley is THE song from this one. Third fav track of the year behind 'Chemical' from Crashdiet and 'Everybody Wants To Be Someone' from H.E.A.T.

From track 2 to 7 excellent as is track 10. 1,8,9 are fillers in my opinion. Will make my top 20, but not the top 10.

Call Paul Stanley is THE song from this one. Third fav track of the year behind 'Chemical' from Crashdiet and 'Everybody Wants To Be Someone' from H.E.A.T.

From track 2 to 7 excellent as is track 10. 1,8,9 are fillers in my opinion. Will make my top 20, but not the top 10.

Just quietly, either you and Tim are freaks or you have a different version of 'Freedom Rock' than I do, because 'Everybody Wants To Be Someone' just ain't that good a song. :lol: imo, of course. ;)

Yeah, to be honest this isn't even in my top 30... still a great disc, though. I can't think of 'Call Paul Stanley' off the top of my head. :( Will spin again from the home shack.

Just quietly, either you and Tim are freaks or you have a different version of 'Freedom Rock' than I do, because 'Everybody Wants To Be Someone' just ain't that good a song. :lol: imo, of course. ;)

Yeah, to be honest this isn't even in my top 30... still a great disc, though. I can't think of 'Call Paul Stanley' off the top of my head. :( Will spin again from the home shack.

'Everybody Wants To Be Someone' is a stunning AOR song and probably in the top 3 tracks on that album.....which is saying something.

Great keyboard intro, marvellous verse/chorus and killer melodic solo.....about as good as it gets in the AOR genre.

'Everybody Wants To Be Someone' is a stunning AOR song and probably in the top 3 tracks on that album.....which is saying something.

Great keyboard intro, marvellous verse/chorus and killer melodic solo.....about as good as it gets in the AOR genre.

I think it's just that my first impression of it was that it was a pale imitation of John Norum and Joey Tempest's 'We belong together.' I know they're not really that similar and the Norum song is much heavier, but that just stuck in my mind. To each their own, but it just doesn't float my boat much at all. It'd probably be in my weakest 3 songs on the disc to be honest. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread but I had never heard of these guys until they were mentioned in another thread recently. I found the album on Ebay for the bargain price of $3 so thought I'd give it a shot as I was just looking for something "new" to listen to.

Overall, not too bad. The album really gives me a Crazy Lixx mixed with Skid Row vibe with some other influences sprinkled in.

Showdown in Central Park is a decent opener with a cool gang chorus. This song has kinda grown on me after a few listens after not thinking much of it initially.

Take Me For a Ride is filled with hooks and instantly grabbed me. This is easily my favorite song on the album and probably the song that got me to buy the album. The video isn't bad either :)

Do You Believe In Rock N Roll is okay....Queen influences pretty obvious here.

Wildlife....Don't really like this one after a couple listens. It's pretty much a skip for me to get to the next track.

Fire In The Pouring Rain I'm quite digging....Pretty good ballad and needed a change of pace at this point in the album.

Call Paul Stanley is one of the stronger tracks IMO....cool vibe.

Heatwave is okay....It's doesn't really stand out at all but is "listenable" and might grow on me some.

Look Out is a skip for me....Probably the weakest song IMO.

Touch brings it back up a notch with some good hooks and is one of the better songs on the album IMO.

The last song Straight to The Grave isn't too bad to close out the album....kinda like Heatwave for me....Just okay.

Overall, the album doesn't blow me away or anything but is decent and worth the listen. I guess if I had to assign a rating it would be something around a 75-80.

It's an album that sorta reminds me a bit of Roxy Blue's I Want Some in terms of a pretty good debut album from a band that had potential but fell apart and never did anything again.

I'd say it's well worth the $3 I paid for it though :)

Too bad the lead singer had to mess things up by getting tossed in the clink.