Another grail for my soundtrack collection

heavyharmonies

I actually haven't been doing any major CD buying for quite some time, although I still keep an eye out for tough discs from a few artists and for my movie soundtrack collection.

I spotted this one that I'd been seeking for several years, and figured that instead of spending $50+ for one of the bootlegs that seem to be floating around, I'd spend a bit more and get a real one. yeah, it's stupid money, but finally having a real one gives me warm fuzzies. Still en route.

teenwolfsoundtrack.jpg

Next up: can someone hook me up with a real original Japanese pressing of the Fright Night soundtrack?

What other AOR-, hard rock-, and melodic metal soundtrack rarities am I missing?

Very nice! I'd like to have this one and Fright Night as well. Maybe one day if I have and feel like spending the dough. I'd like to have an original "The Wraith" soundtrack as well.

I'd like to have an original "The Wraith" soundtrack as well.

That one I've got. Picked it up a few years back. Also extensively bootlegged. Any of these rare 80s soundtracks that you see on eBay that are "remastered" with see-through tray cards are all bootlegs.

*sigh*

I'd like to have an original "The Wraith" soundtrack as well.

That one I've got. Picked it up a few years back. Also extensively bootlegged. Any of these rare 80s soundtracks that you see on eBay that are "remastered" with see-through tray cards are all bootlegs.

*sigh*

Yeah, looking on ebay for an original CD is a tough task these days. I have Fright Night and The Warith soundtracks but they're bootlegs I got for cheap at least. Out of my several hundred CD's, I have about 10-15 bootlegs :anon: I figured they will do/hold me over until I have and want to spend the cash for the real thing. I'll replace em' one day though. One I just replaced, is Skagarack S/T. I have the boot and went searching for the original on ebay and saw lots of boots. I ended up finding one elsewhere. At least that one is being replaced. 1 down, several to go.

Some things I'm not too persnickety about, but my soundtrack collection is one are where I will not knowingly buy a boot, even to fill a hole.

I just ordered the Breakin' soundtrack from Roger, which is a semi-tough title, and also one that is heavily bootlegged.

He also has a copy of the very tough "Two of a Kind" soundtrack (Olivia Newton-John, Journey). His price is very reasonable, especially with the 10% off code. This one usually sells north of $100.

What other AOR-, hard rock-, and melodic metal soundtrack rarities am I missing?

They're not rare, but you might want to pick up the "Dazed and Confused" and "Balls of Fury" soundtracks for your collection. Some good stuff on both of 'em, particularly the Loudlion tunes on BoF. tumbsup.gif

Sweet find. "Teen Wolf" turned up on TV recently and my 7-year-old and I watched the tail end of it. I laughed, he thought it was "stupid." :rofl:

Man oh man...I wish they had released the soundtrack for The Last American Virgin on cd. Love that movie!

Another great movie whose soundtrack never got released due to licensing disagreements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kPP45npLaQ&feature=related

The Debbie Harry - Robin Zander duets were never released on any album that I'm aware of.

I can't remember if the movie is titled Night Of The Living Dead, or Return Of The Living Dead, but the version of the movie released in the 80's had a killer hard rock track, don't know the band or track title, but the Chorus was "Do You Want To Party! Its Party Time!" if I remember right. I don't know if that movie ever had a soundtrack, but it would be worth tracking down for that song alone. I can still hear it in my head even though though its been about about 20+ since I heard the track. I think they played it on the movie trailer as well. This ring a bell to anyone?

I can't remember if the movie is titled Night Of The Living Dead, or Return Of The Living Dead, but the version of the movie released in the 80's had a killer hard rock track, don't know the band or track title, but the Chorus was "Do You Want To Party! Its Party Time!" if I remember right. I don't know if that movie ever had a soundtrack, but it would be worth tracking down for that song alone. I can still hear it in my head even though though its been about about 20+ since I heard the track. I think they played it on the movie trailer as well. This ring a bell to anyone?

Here is a link to the trailer actually, haven't looked forever for it but found it in a few minutes.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1684538649/

Here is a link to the trailer actually, haven't looked forever for it but found it in a few minutes.

http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi1684538649/

Common soundtrack:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140440256556

Never heard of the band though - .45 Grave. I'll have to pick up that soundtrack.

The sequel soundtrack, featuring Leatherwolf and Anthrax, is much tougher:

http://cdsniper.com/soundtracks/returnlivingdead2.html

Man oh man...I wish they had released the soundtrack for The Last American Virgin on cd. Love that movie!

Another great movie whose soundtrack never got released due to licensing disagreements:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kPP45npLaQ&feature=related

The Debbie Harry - Robin Zander duets were never released on any album that I'm aware of.

I thought this soundtrack got a release on vinyl back in the day...?

I thought this soundtrack got a release on vinyl back in the day...?

Nope. I still have the original laserdisc release, which in the ending credits, refers to a soundtrack being available, but it was never released on any medium in any country. I've never found any trace of a soundtrack release, even bootlegged.

The problem is that any soundtrack would have to come from the studio, because virtually all the songs in the movie have dialogue or sound effects over them; there's no clean source of JUST the music.

I have the DVD, and will most likely buy the Blu-Ray when it comes out on September 28 (even though the age of the animation will most likely not benefit all that much from an HD release).

It's a cheesy movie, but I'm just a sucker for it.

Oh yeah...cheesey as hell, but it's probably one of my top 3 guilty pleasure movies. Seems this movie used to be on at least every other weekend back in the late 80's (on USA "Up All Night"). Christ, the ending of that movie just rips your heart out, or at least it did mine.

Found this on Amazon...I'd love to make my own boot of this just to have. Definitive 80's soundtrack if you ask me.

http://www.amazon.com/Last-American-Virgin-Original-Soundtrack/dp/B001D8WL82/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1282875149&sr=8-1

I have the DVD, and will most likely buy the Blu-Ray when it comes out on September 28 (even though the age of the animation will most likely not benefit all that much from an HD release).

Where'd you find that info? I don't see it listed on Amazon, Deep Discount, etc.

How 'bout:

THE KIDS ARE ALRIGHT-THE WHO

MEGAFORCE-707

WHO MADE WHO-AC/DC-Wasn't this the soundtrack to MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE?

UP THE CREEK (Don't think it was released)

I think Up The Creek came out on vinyl and tape if i recall but very rare.

That was indeed "Return of the Living Dead" from '85 -- I believe the song you're referring to is "Party Time" by .45 Grave...

And yes, there was a soundtrack album released (on the defunct Restless/Enigma label if memory serves)... looks like copies can be had on Amazon...

http://www.amazon.com/Return-Living-Dead-1985-Film/dp/B000003BFF/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1282911208&sr=8-1

*EDIT* Looks like Dan answered this one already. That's what I get for not reading thru the rest of the thread before replying. D'OH! :homer:

How 'bout:

MEGAFORCE-707

Yea, WHO MADE WHO was the soundtrack to the Stephen King flick... great soundtrack/hits compilation from AC/DC, but wow, the movie was godawful!!

As Bangerdave sez, the only soundtrack release for UP THE CREEK was on vinyl/tape back when the movie was current (circa '84) but that movie was hysterical... and the theme song (by Cheap Trick) was killer.

They got vinyl copies on Amazon but it ain't cheap

http://www.amazon.com/Creek-Soundtrack-Heart-Beach-Hunter/dp/B000RHWPEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1282911481&sr=1-1

How 'bout:

MEGAFORCE-707

Yea, WHO MADE WHO was the soundtrack to the Stephen King flick... great soundtrack/hits compilation from AC/DC, but wow, the movie was godawful!!

As Bangerdave sez, the only soundtrack release for UP THE CREEK was on vinyl/tape back when the movie was current (circa '84) but that movie was hysterical... and the theme song (by Cheap Trick) was killer.

They got vinyl copies on Amazon but it ain't cheap

http://www.amazon.com/Creek-Soundtrack-Heart-Beach-Hunter/dp/B000RHWPEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1282911481&sr=1-1

I recently downloaded the Up The Creek soundtrack for the "30 Days In The Hole" song by Kick Axe but the whole thing is great. Plus we used to rent the movie constantly because it was only rated PG on the box but had a bunch of nudity, which was great for us (at the time) junior high kids! :tits: