Kiss...Crazy Nights

Dead Planet

LOVE it!

Agreed :) this was a staple of my mid teens along with so many other great releases from an awesome year

Absolutely!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Off topic for a minute. Under our picture icon where it says ho many post you've made, on mine there is a 0 warning points. What does that mean? No one else has that.

Off topic for a minute. Under our picture icon where it says ho many post you've made, on mine there is a 0 warning points. What does that mean? No one else has that.

Everyone has it, but it's only visible to you, not publicly.

Everyone has it, but it's only visible to you, not publicly.

Got it, thanks man.

be prepared, you will find that not everyone here will like this album.

*AHEM* (Raises hand) That would be me. :lol:

I'm a KISS fanboy in most respects but I abso-frickin-lutely hate this album. There's no denying that in terms of album quality, KISS were already on a downhill slide by this point, cuz the preceding ASYLUM was no great shakes either, but the band sounds even more slick and neutered on CRAZY NIGHTS.

Ron Nevison as a producer? Great idea, Gene & Paul. "Hey, that's the guy that saved Heart's collective ass, let's hire him. We'll let him drench us in keyboards and we can git him to produce us a big ole hit power ballad too."

*SPIT*

There are two pieces of the KISS discography that I will never allow in my house -- Peter Criss' solo album from '78 and CRAZY NIGHTS. Shoot, even HOT IN THE SHADE is better than this. But then that's kinda like saying having your hair set on fire is "better" than having your nuts slammed repeatedly in a car door. :lol:

:rofl2: Seven years after I made the above post, here's an update: I finally ended my embargo of Peter Criss' '78 solo album and allowed it into my house a couple of years ago... but I still f*ckin' hate CRAZY NIGHTS. :D I stand by my comment about HOT IN THE SHADE as well.

The song Crazy Crazy Nights is good enough to make this a killer album all on its own.

Also love Turn On The Night and My Way

Used to really like I'll Fight Hell To Hold You, but it somehow became syrupy and cheesy.

Bang Bang You is ok, even though it's kinda stupid and Reason To Live is not among their best ballads, but is ok.

Peter Criss solo album is ok because of 3 songs

Don't You Let Me Down

Hooked On Rock N Roll

I Can't Stop The Rain

I'm sure I mentioned it somewhere in the thread too, but it's my favourite KISS disc too. Great stuff.

Good album that managed to get me interested in Kiss and check out their entire catalog. Great songs and guitar playing on this one, especially need to mention ''Turn On The Night'' cause it makes you feel so GOOOOD, such a positive song. Amazing solo and outro solo by Bruce Kulick