Non-league 2010/11

Wotty

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch! Well, I did ask. I've been lucky in that the only real football violence I've ever seen was from Birmingham City fans, but I have hated that club ever since, so I can completely identify with what you say.

I do agree with you on Luton town centre though - it must be the only town centre where I've felt intimidated during the day! Quite a scary place...

Dear oh dear oh dear....The Town center is only as scary as you want it to be,intimidating yes,but every town center can be intimidating if you are new to it or don't know where your going.If you go to any place trying to give "it large" you're always taking a chance.I myself have followed Luton to places that make the town look like a holiday camp,Birmingham,Leeds,Derby and Millwall spring to mind,and to my detriment I supposeI've had a few rucks but got out of them relatively unscathed,I only really got a semi-kickin,courtesy of Chelsea when their mob "ran" the Oak Road back in the 80's.

These days,I sort of agree with Jez,footie violence is a bit blase and boring really,but as usual Jez uses that and other things to have a "pop" at the Town.Unfortunately to me,Jez still lives in the "pass the kids down to the front,cloth-cap wearing,share the baccy around,and applaud the opposistion for giving us a thrashing" era !!!!!! And of course we're "fuckin' shit,cheats etc etc" But we'll see !!!!!

Maybe I was just unlucky, as I certainly wasn't 'giving it large'! Agree about Millwall, nowhere really compares to that. I would certainly never want to go there as a Palace fan.

I have never found the centre of Birmingham intimidating, but forgot that I have been uncomfortable in New Cross before, and several times in Southend when I worked there.

Ouch! Well, I did ask. I've been lucky in that the only real football violence I've ever seen was from Birmingham City fans, but I have hated that club ever since, so I can completely identify with what you say.

I do agree with you on Luton town centre though - it must be the only town centre where I've felt intimidated during the day! Quite a scary place...

Dear oh dear oh dear....The Town center is only as scary as you want it to be,intimidating yes,but every town center can be intimidating if you are new to it or don't know where your going.If you go to any place trying to give "it large" you're always taking a chance.I myself have followed Luton to places that make the town look like a holiday camp,Birmingham,Leeds,Derby and Millwall spring to mind,and to my detriment I supposeI've had a few rucks but got out of them relatively unscathed,I only really got a semi-kickin,courtesy of Chelsea when their mob "ran" the Oak Road back in the 80's.

These days,I sort of agree with Jez,footie violence is a bit blase and boring really,but as usual Jez uses that and other things to have a "pop" at the Town.Unfortunately to me,Jez still lives in the "pass the kids down to the front,cloth-cap wearing,share the baccy around,and applaud the opposistion for giving us a thrashing" era !!!!!! And of course we're "fuckin' shit,cheats etc etc" But we'll see !!!!!

Maybe I was just unlucky, as I certainly wasn't 'giving it large'! Agree about Millwall, nowhere really compares to that. I would certainly never want to go there as a Palace fan.

I have never found the centre of Birmingham intimidating, but forgot that I have been uncomfortable in New Cross before, and several times in Southend when I worked there.

LOL, uncomfortbale in Southend? Its a family seaside resort ;-))

Where were you? holed up in the Ivy House at kicking out time? :-o

Town centre often went through a Jekyll-like transformation at around 6pm - big groups of youths, lots of loud swearing, etc.

Town centre often went through a Jekyll-like transformation at around 6pm - big groups of youths, lots of loud swearing, etc.

Luton fans in town again........

According to Jez....You wouldn't have a town if we were... :whistle:

:lol:

The first night I stayed over (having moved out to Kent, too far for daily commuting) I went in to Tesco and nearly got knocked over by a group of youths, who were legging it away from the shop with whatever goodies they had just lifted. Welcome to Southend!

Could it be that Luton are just unlucky? The yobs seem to target them - the famous Millwall game was attended by thugs from other firms in London, e.g. Chelsea and West Ham, the trouble had very little to do with Luton fans, if anything. Apparently a similar thing happened this season when a number of thugs from other clubs tried to get into a Luton away game. And the trouble at the play off game this season involved (among others, of course) a racist organisation intent on violence.

Discuss.

foo

Could it be that Luton are just unlucky? The yobs seem to target them - the famous Millwall game was attended by thugs from other firms in London, e.g. Chelsea and West Ham, the trouble had very little to do with Luton fans, if anything. Apparently a similar thing happened this season when a number of thugs from other clubs tried to get into a Luton away game. And the trouble at the play off game this season involved (among others, of course) a racist organisation intent on violence.

Discuss.

L**on Town are fookin' shit

Discuss that ;)

foo

Discuss.

Discuss that ;)

Stunning !!!!!!

foo

Discuss.

Discuss that ;)

Stunning !!!!!!

I'm keeping it simple for ya mate, as it's obviously alot easier for you. You seem to talk out of your backside when the going gets a little complicated, like you have done the last few posts :butt:

foo

Discuss.

Discuss that ;)

foo

Discuss.

Discuss that ;)

Stunning !!!!!!

I'm keeping it simple for ya mate, as it's obviously alot easier for you. You seem to talk out of your backside when the going gets a little complicated, like you have done the last few posts :butt:

Funny :lol:

Sorry Ian

So poor little Jez,obviously the leader of the "Palace Pacifists",thinks I speak out of my backside,when all he says is that Luton are "shit and fuckin' cheats",really needs a "bottle injection".

Like his "we went to Luton once and were really scared of those naughty football supporters".His match selection was probably a bit "iffy",because not every fan lives in his "Utopian,Why can't we all get along,and "your team deserved to win..oh no your team did" mentality.It's called footballing rivalry and back in the day,fights DID break out,it was THAT era !!

Like I said,violence these days is pretty bloody pointless,but back in the day,if you went to footie,rucking was pretty much part and parcel,I used to get involved admittedly,but never went looking for it,in those days it came looking for you.My mates and I went to see Luton win,and piss-take with the others fans,have few pints wherever we were,then have a piss-up back in Luton,where most knew who each other was anyway.

I doubt his Palace-watching days were like that...They were too busy whinging about other teams from behind the sofa !!!!!!!

"we went to Luton once and were really scared of those naughty football supporters".!

"I went to see Luton and piss-take with the others fan"

Oh how true.

Like you, I went to the said 'shit hole' to take the piss and ended up fucking scared of what was on the pitch, never mind what was going on off it. I was so scared, a little bit of piss came out of the end. You lost both games, so I was soon pissing myself laughing again, like yourself and your other fan.

"we went to Luton once and were really scared of those naughty football supporters".!

Oh how true.

Like you, I went to the said 'shit hole' to take the piss and ended up fucking scared of what was on the pitch, never mind what was going on off it. I was so scared, a little bit of piss came out of the end. You lost both games, so I was soon pissing myself laughing again, like yourself and your other fan.

Post-tampering to try to get a "laugh" makes you and Palace very similar......A fookin' footballing joke !!!!

Oh how true.

Post-tampering to try to get a "laugh" makes you and Palace very similar......A fookin' footballing joke !!!!

What are you talking about? :screwy:;)

Oh how true.

What are you talking about? :screwy:;)

Hmmmmm !!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Nice one Lu'on, not convincing, but three points is three points. Sorry Jez, this is where I follow Luton as my 2nd or 3rd team for the season ... unless Crawley do well, in which case I might be torn...

Wotty, you're slipping mate, top of the table and you're not crowing about it? Good start for the Hatters!

Our quest for domination starts......

At home to Altrincham..

:bananamac::bananamac::bananamac:

And WON 2-1....... :bananamac::bananamac::bananamac:

Away to Kettering on Tuesday.

And duly gave the dirty,down to nine men,bastards a good hiding 1-3..... :bananamac::bananamac::bananamac:

Away to Fleetwood on Saturday....