New "Cry Wolf" Album Twenty10

Mullethead

Thank Christ I didn't buy it first...there is no trace of what they use to sound like. Yes, same band that put out the excellent s/t and crunch album. All same members minus drums.

Absolute garbage...

Decide for your self...www.crywolftheband.com

I need a shower now to get it off me...

Na, na, na, na....shiiiit! Is more like it. Listen to the song you'll get my bad joke. This sounds like some lame and very dated attempt at making it big in 1995/96 when many decent rock acts from the late 80's and early 90's were trying to get on the Alice in Chains/Soundgarden/Pearl Jam bandwagon. Pass!!!

I have their first release and it was nothing spectacular. Road To Ruin and West Wind Blows were decent rockers but other than that nothing very memorable.

Agreed, I bought Crunch (didn't get the 1st Jap album thankfully) ... and I still have it oddly enough, but at the time I thought it was pretty average, and listening today it hasn't aged well compared to stuff around at the same time.

When it was announced a while back they were reforming I kind of ungraciously thought "big deal!".

Thank Christ I didn't buy it first...there is no trace of what they use to sound like. Yes, same band that put out the excellent s/t and crunch album. All same members minus drums.

Absolute garbage...

Decide for your self...www.crywolftheband.com

I need a shower now to get it off me...

shame, these guys have had a good 15 years to get this one right, what gives!

I never got around to hearing any of their stuff before and by the sounds of it I'll be avoiding the new one.

You really need to check out the first two. I disagree 100% with most opinions on here so far concerning the first two albums. Great albums, greatly produced and the lead singer sounds a lot like Michael Sweet at times. The ST album has most of the same songs as Crunch but with three different ones. They switched guitarist and released Crunch here in the USA.

Check them out, trust me! But stay far away from the new one...

• 2023 Gold Donors

The first 2 are solid! I decided to give this a go,and it is pretty much what has been said already with the exception of two songs 43 and Angel Fly.I agree when most bands have already long gotten the experimental stage out of their systems these guys apparently just started theirs?? Shame because you can still here the talent there.Fair warning: order it from cd baby and you're getting a cardboard cd.

A word of warning...if you are going to post in their guestbook any comments that are less than flattering about the new sound, those comments will apparently be immediately removed. :christmas:

A word of warning...if you are going to post in their guestbook any comments that are less than flattering about the new sound, those comments will apparently be immediately removed. :christmas:

Truth must hurt...:)

Wow, I remember hearing about a new album and all that but I wasn't expecting it... thought it had just fizzled out. Sounds like that may have been best for everyone.

And Wes, I agree with Jarred - at least give 'Crunch' a go. The debut is too hard to get for too many of the same songs, but 'Crunch' is pretty good. I agree it's not great and has a few fillers, but pretty much worth it for 'West wind blows' alone, or the nice ballad, 'Long hard road'. And 'Face down in the wishing well' is cool too. :)

I'll probably give the MP3s of the new one a go, though, just out of curiosity. I expect I'll hate them.

I'll probably give the MP3s of the new one a go, though, just out of curiosity. I expect I'll hate them.

I've also got some milk that is weeks passed its due date, I'm sure it will be lumpy and taste like crap wanna give it a go? I'm betting you'll really, really hate it, come on just one glass.

I'm just fuckin' with ya Geoff. It's upsetting when you still hold a glimmer of hope yet deep down inside you know it will suck donkey balls...I call it the 'The Lillian Axe effect'.

I've also got some milk that is weeks passed its due date, I'm sure it will be lumpy and taste like crap wanna give it a go? I'm betting you'll really, really hate it, come on just one glass.

I'm just fuckin' with ya Geoff. It's upsetting when you still hold a glimmer of hope yet deep down inside you know it will suck donkey balls...I call it the 'The Lillian Axe effect'.

:rofl2: