Ex-METAL CHURCH Singer RONNY MUNROE Joins LILLIAN AXE

T-BONE

Wow...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141975

As of August 1, 2010, Ronny Munroe, formerly the lead vocalist of METAL CHURCH, will join Louisiana rockers LILLIAN AXE as a full-time member, replacing departing singer Derrick LeFevre.

The members of LILLIAN AXE wish Derrick LeFevre nothing but the best of luck in his future endeavors. Unfortunately, Derrick could not commit to the rigorous touring schedule that LILLIAN AXE prides itself on to this day.

When Ronny Munroe takes the stage, he has the crowd's attention. His unique vocal style sets him apart from other singers because he brings something extraordinary to every song.

Ronny is an in-your-face performer, consummate professional, innovative lyricist and songwriter who fuses melody with hard hitting rock in a way that will take your breath away.

LILLIAN AXE founder and guitarist Steve Blaze says, "We met Ronny in Seattle playing a show together two years ago. My first impression was 'Damn, he's tall!' After watching him perform, I thought to myself how amazing a vocalist and presence he was.

"I always keep in the back of my mind great talents when I see them, and Ronny was one of those guys.

"During the three days we spent together in New Orleans rehearsing and getting to know each other, I was amazed how well he fit in as a human being as well as a bandmate.

"The true talent is only half the game; the person is the other. Ronny has it all.

"Having Ronny as a writing partner and performing partner is something I am very much looking forward to!”

Bassist Eric Morris agrees: "I am looking forward to what a vocalist like Ronny can bring to the table. I think he will add a whole new element and catapult our music into a brand new fan base as well as satisfy the die-hards."

A photo of the new LILLIAN AXE lineup can be found below.

LILLIAN AXE recently completed work on its tenth album, "Deep Red Shadows", at Sound Landing Studios in Covington, Louisiana for a July 20 release via Love & War Records. The CD was produced by guitarist Steve Blaze, mixed by Rob Hovey and mastered by Ty Tabor of KING'S X. The song "47 Ways To Die" was mixed by Sylvia Massy, who is best known for her work with TOOL, GREEN JELLY, POWERMAN 5000 and RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS. Tabor is the special guest on the song "The Quenching Of Human Life", adding an "amazing" guitar solo to the track.

"Deep Red Shadows" track listing:

01. Under The Same Moon

02. 47 Ways To Die

03. The Quenching Of Human Life

04. A Minute Of Years

05. Nobody Knows (acoustic)

06. The Day I Met You (acoustic)

07. Sad Day On Planet Earth (acoustic)

08. Nocturnal Symphony (acoustic)

09. Deep Red Shadows (instrumental)

Ash Sivils, who created the artwork for LILLIAN AXE's last CD, 2009's "Sad Day On Planet Earth", was responsible for designing the new album cover (see below).

"Sad Day On Planet Earth" was released on June 30, 2009 via the Swedish label Blistering Records. The CD contained 14 songs written by Steve Blaze.

LILLIAN AXE is:

Ronny Munroe - Vocals

Steve Blaze - Guitar/Vocals

Sam Poitevent - Guitar/Vocals

Eric Morris - Bass

Ken Koudelka - Drums

Ronny is an in-your-face performer, consummate professional, innovative lyricist and songwriter who fuses melody with hard hitting rock in a way that will take your breath away.

I've never heard the guy before, but if this is true it can only mean good things for Lillian Axe. They definitely can't really go backwards anymore, so I'll accept this change with reserved anticipation. I actually think it'll do the band good to get another song writing presence aside from just Steve Blaze, who is writing amazingly tiresome stuff these days.

Having a look at that band line-up, the mind boggles how he can retain the Lillian Axe name. I guess he had all the rights to it himself?

He's a decent vocalist, even if the three Metal Church discs he recorded were unspectacular (but that had nothing to do with his performance; it was simply weak material).

Not sure if he's a good fit for Lillian Axe cuz honestly I haven't listened to them in dog years so I couldn't even tell you what they sound like now.

I went back and found the thread with our top releases of 2009.

This was mine:

Top 10 for 2009:

10.) DIRTY PENNY ~ "Young and Reckless"

9.) FREAKSHOW ~ "Freakshow"

8.) STRYPER ~ "Murder by Pride"

7.) CHEAP TRICK ~ "The Latest"

6.) CHARM CITY DEVILS ~ "Let's Rock-N-Roll"

5.) WILDSTREET ~ "Wildstreet"

4.) BAI BANG ~ "Are You Ready ?"

3.) LILLIAN AXE ~ "Sad Day On Planet Earth"

2.) RONNY MUNROE ~ "The Fire Within"

1.) DORO ~ "Fear No Evil"

That's my list... and I'm stickin' with it. :headbanger:

I hate to see Lillian Axe change vocalists again... but I really do love Ronny Munroe. I do think Ronny and Steve have the potential to write some killer songs. Unlike most here... I will be interested.

Does Ron Taylor even play music any longer?

Yeah, I wonder what happened to him.

What is the Lillian Axe story anyway? Did the band split up completely after 'Psychoschizophrenia' for several years? Was there ever a full reunion, or has it only ever been Steve Blaze carrying the name since the split? I know there were a few projects (The Bridge with Ron and Near Death Experience with Steve) after "the real" Lillian Axe ended, but what happened to get the name Lillian Axe back up and running?

Am I right in thinking that Steve and Ron did actually get back together at the start of the return of Lillian Axe? Were there other original members? And if so, what was the reason for Ron's second departure? Was it because of the tragic direction Steve was taking with the new songs?

Does Ron Taylor even play music any longer?

Yeah, I wonder what happened to him.

What is the Lillian Axe story anyway? Did the band split up completely after 'Psychoschizophrenia' for several years? Was there ever a full reunion, or has it only ever been Steve Blaze carrying the name since the split? I know there were a few projects (The Bridge with Ron and Near Death Experience with Steve) after "the real" Lillian Axe ended, but what happened to get the name Lillian Axe back up and running?

Am I right in thinking that Steve and Ron did actually get back together at the start of the return of Lillian Axe? Were there other original members? And if so, what was the reason for Ron's second departure? Was it because of the tragic direction Steve was taking with the new songs?

Steve and Ron were indeed both involved when the band returned. They recorded a live disc. But Ron wasn't interested in touring full-time anymore so he decided to step down as vocalist. Which pretty much was the death of the awesome Lillian Axe and the birth of the more modern version. I still loved both albums with Lefevre.

I'm still in disbelief after reading this one. Although it can't get any worse...right? Just change the band name and all will be forgiven....sorta.

I think there's one release none of us might have factored into this equation yet (including me, up until now). But has anyone else heard this:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=4671&CDName=Far+Cry

The band was Far Cry, EP recorded in 1991. Still one of the best releases I've heard from Retrospect, and a surefire sign that Ronny Munroe did (hopefully still does) have the ability to be part of a good, melodic hard rock band. If they can pull of a mixture of Far Cry and vintage Lillian Axe I'd ejaculate.

I think there's one release none of us might have factored into this equation yet (including me, up until now). But has anyone else heard this:

http://www.heavyharmonies.com/cgi-bin/glamcd.cgi?BandNum=4671&CDName=Far+Cry

The band was Far Cry, EP recorded in 1991. Still one of the best releases I've heard from Retrospect, and a surefire sign that Ronny Munroe did (hopefully still does) have the ability to be part of a good, melodic hard rock band. If they can pull of a mixture of Far Cry and vintage Lillian Axe I'd ejaculate.

Listen to the Far Cry samples on the Retrospect site:

http://retrospectrecords.com/products/far_cry.html

• 3 months later...

...and now he's gone:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=104015176&blogId=539647780

Stepping Down

I'm sorry to announce that I have had to step down from my position as Lead Vocalist of Lillian AxeMy personal commitments have made it impossible to give Lillian Axe the time and dedicationthat it truly deserves. I want to thank Steve Blaze and the rest of the Lillian camp for the opportunityto front such a great band and I wish them all the best for the future.

http://www.myspace.com/ronnymunroe

Just get Ron Taylor back and get back to the sound that made Lillian Axe the best band around and all will be forgiven.

Imagine a classic Lillian Axe sounding release on a label like Frontier Records...one can dream can't he?

Just get Ron Taylor back and get back to the sound that made Lillian Axe the best band around and all will be forgiven.

Imagine a classic Lillian Axe sounding release on a label like Frontier Records...one can dream can't he?

:agree:

...and now he's gone:

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=104015176&blogId=539647780

Stepping Down

I'm sorry to announce that I have had to step down from my position as Lead Vocalist of Lillian AxeMy personal commitments have made it impossible to give Lillian Axe the time and dedicationthat it truly deserves. I want to thank Steve Blaze and the rest of the Lillian camp for the opportunityto front such a great band and I wish them all the best for the future.

http://www.myspace.com/ronnymunroe

Shame, great vocalist. Hope he gets his pipes around something good soon. As for Lillian Axe, if only they could recapture the songwriting form of 'Love and War'.

Well, that was quick. :blink:

I always get press releases sent to me via the band website and this is the latest news

As you may have heard by now, Ronny Munroe will not be the lead singer of Lillian Axe due to prior commitments beyond anyone's control. We love Ronny and wish him the best. We remain on great terms and the band is already in auditions with several new singers. Steve has already written several new songs for the new album that we will record in 2011.

Unfortunately this means that we will have to postpone our tour to support Deep Red Shadows. We were planning to tour at the end of October - November in the USA and in Europe in January. As soon as the new singer is chosen, the band plans to record a new song for immediate download to introduce him. Then Lillian will do a string of warm up dates while working on the next album slated for 2011 release.

In March 2011, the new Cuba Gooding Jr. movie, "Hit List" will be released and it features "47 Ways To Die" as the main opening song in the movie during the opening credits and start of the movie.

Lillian Axe is still looking for the right vocalist.

Submissions for singers MUST include the following to be considered: (1) 3 song demo CD, (2) DVD containing your recent live performance (3) 2 photos (color and b&w) and (4) your bio containing your musical resume.

All submissions should be sent to:

Love & War Records

PO Box 130

Hicksville, New York 11802-0130

Attn: A&R

****Please keep the packages at the following size (10"l x 2"w x 10"h)

(All submissions become the property of Love & War Records and will not be returned to the sender).

Let's hope this search brings along a return to better days. Anybody on board interested?

:agree:

Backedicles.