World Cup poll

World Cup Winners  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know it's not a music poll, but I thought it might be fun to see who people think will win the World Cup. Apologies to those who hate football, but there is an option for you to vote for...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

England. We invented the game and it's time to bring it on home.

P.s. Putting blind-patriotism aside then Brazil will probably win.

Australia will obviously win it.

In case that possibly somehow does not happen, I hope Holland win it.

:unsure: Would not have a clue!!!

As long as it is not England which like most other attempts, it more than likely won't be ;) , other than that, I don't really give two hoots and would not know how good one side is to another.

My heart says England, but I think Spain will do it. Would love England to win obviously, but even though they are one of the top 5 sides, I am being a realist and think they are not quite good enough. Quarters or semis beckon though.

Australia :rofl2: - As usual, not a hope in hell of doing anything whatsoever, mainly due to not understanding the rules and continuously picking up the ball, wearing tight shorts and generally prancing around like a bunch of pink handbag carriers. Just stay at home boys and let someone decent like the The Mongolian Ladies team take your place. :D

Germany - Disqualification for too many dodgy haircuts and diving techniques - There are no swimming pools here guys

Argentina - Disqualification for playing Handball... Oh fuck it, Just disqualify them anyway, you don't need a reason really

Australia :rofl2: - As usual, not a hope in hell of doing anything whatsoever, mainly due to not understanding the rules and continuously picking up the ball, wearing tight shorts and generally prancing around like a bunch of pink handbag carriers. Just stay at home boys and let someone decent like the The Mongolian Ladies team take your place. :D

Germany - Disqualification for too many dodgy haircuts and diving techniques - There are no swimming pools here guys

Argentina - Disqualification for playing Handball... Oh fuck it, Just disqualify them anyway, you don't need a reason really

England - No hope at winning because all the great talent seen in the English league have all gone back to play for their own Countries which simply leaves the dregs to represent the Poms.........AGAIN !!!!!!!!!

England - No hope at winning because all the great talent seen in the English league have all gone back to play for their own Countries which simply leaves the dregs to represent the Poms.........AGAIN !!!!!!!!!

An Aussie soccer pundit - Now I have seen it all ;)

4th favourites for the tournament Dave, so your somewhat 'same old same old' conclusion goes out of the window. Punditry not your strong point mate? :whistle:

4th favourites for the tournament Dave, so your somewhat 'same old same old' conclusion goes out of the window. Punditry not your strong point mate? :whistle:

Only time will tell mate so I will put the smirk away until then.....and then bring it back out later with laughter and joy :lol:;)

:lol:

Oh Jez, my dear buddy, how a representative from a world renowned country of blouse wearers can make a dig at other nations for wearing handbags or diving in soccer... oh, shucks, you crazy kid. I may know little about soccer, but I sure as hell know that diving and weeping like crippled children is not a one-nation tactic. In fact, I think the Aussies (except probably Kewell because he's pretty much English anyway) and Cahill (because he's too used to English soccer too) are the only team I didn't see diving around like olympians last time I saw the world cup. ;)

Only time will tell mate so I will put the smirk away until then.....and then bring it back out later with laughter and joy :lol:;)

As I said elsewhere, I don't think we will win it, but England have got some great players, so whether you like them or not and want them to fail, don't under estimate them. The Quarters or Semis should be on the cards though and any less than that I will be disappointed.

Oh Jez, my dear buddy, how a representative from a world renowned country of blouse wearers can make a dig at other nations for wearing handbags or diving in soccer... oh, shucks, you crazy kid. I may know little about soccer, but I sure as hell know that diving and weeping like crippled children is not a one-nation tactic. In fact, I think the Aussies (except probably Kewell because he's pretty much English anyway) and Cahill (because he's too used to English soccer too) are the only team I didn't see diving around like olympians last time I saw the world cup. ;)

You are getting us 'Poms' confused with the Germans I believe dear Geoffrey. For the uniitiated in the world of Footie, they are the true masters in the art. In fact so much so, it isn't called Diving anymore, but ''Doing A Klinsmann''. ;)

You are getting us 'Poms' confused with the Germans I believe dear Geoffrey. For the uniitiated in the world of Footie, they are the true masters in the art.

No he is not getting you confused mate at all :lol:

You are getting us 'Poms' confused with the Germans I believe dear Geoffrey. For the uniitiated in the world of Footie, they are the true masters in the art.

..But He is confused about so many other things in his life, so i took it for granted that this was one of them! Sorry for being presumptious ;)

Yeah, no confusion on my behalf. I remember the English team being one of the worst group of divers, but I have to admit that when I was watching the Italians took the grand prize. That pack of shit team that beat the Aussies out of the last world cup were terrible too, though. Who were they? Google, here I come.

But yeah, from what I recall England were a lot worse than Germany in terms of diving and weeping like a limp penis. ;)

..But He is confused about so many other things in his life, so i took it for granted that this was one of them! Sorry for being presumptious ;)

My sexuality?

Just checked wikipedia, and what do you know, it looks like it was Italy who beat us in that last world cup. I remember wanting to slice each and every Italian throat on the field, just so they actually had something to legitimately cry about.

Yeah, no confusion on my behalf. I remember the English team being one of the worst group of divers, but I have to admit that when I was watching the Italians took the grand prize. That pack of shit team that beat the Aussies out of the last world cup were terrible too, though. Who were they? Google, here I come.

But yeah, from what I recall England were a lot worse than Germany in terms of diving and weeping like a limp penis. ;)

As i said above, it is well known that the Germans are the worst at diving even though everyone else does it to a certain degree, seriously, nothing in comparison to these boys though - The true masters.

I have an amusing little tale about the Aussies and the last World Cup that always makes me smile and this is totally true I swear. I was on Holiday in Turkey (like I will be this year) and there were a bunch of Aussies staying in the same hotel - cool folks too. We got talking World Cup and they invited me to go to a bar and watch the Aussie - Brazil game with them. I had a brilliant time, loads of beer , friendly banter, the usual Aussie - England wind ups etc, but I got the last laugh when during the game, the Aussies were cheering for the team in the yellow shirts. I refrained from telling them for about half an hour, that the Aussies were plasying in their away shirts which were dark blue. to say the Aussies were slightly embarassed was an understatement. :lol:

As i said above, it is well known that the Germans are the worst at diving even though everyone else does it to a certain degree, seriously, nothing in comparison to these boys though - The true masters.

I have an amusing little tale about the Aussies and the last World Cup that always makes me smile and this is totally true I swear. I was on Holiday in Turkey (like I will be this year) and there were a bunch of Aussies staying in the same hotel - cool folks too. We got talking World Cup and they invited me to go to a bar and watch the Aussie - Brazil game with them. I had a brilliant time, loads of beer , friendly banter, the usual Aussie - England wind ups etc, but I got the last laugh when during the game, the Aussies were cheering for the team in the yellow shirts. I refrained from telling them for about half an hour, that the Aussies were plasying in their away shirts which were dark blue. to say the Aussies were slightly embarassed was an understatement. :lol:

:lol: I love it. I'd probably do the same thing. Though one would think the skin colour of the team might be an early enough give-away.

But that's what I love about you Brits trying to convince us how much us Aussies have this secret love for soccer. Even when you have the solid proof there that even the "die-hards" don't really give a shit. :lol:

:lol: I love it. I'd probably do the same thing. Though one would think the skin colour of the team might be an early enough give-away.

But that's what I love about you Brits trying to convince us how much us Aussies have this secret love for soccer. Even when you have the solid proof there that even the "die-hards" don't really give a shit. :lol:

The skin colour issue got me too to be honest, but the yeloow shirts certainly fooled 'em.

Not trying to convince anyone to be honest mate, but there are definitely some Aussies who are well up for it this year, must be the Englishness they are seeping into their pores whilst over here. There was quite a big deal over your bid trying to get the 2018 and 2022 World Cups aswell, so for a country who 'Doesn't give a shit' you certainly have enough $'s your willing to throw at it. ;)

The skin colour issue got me too to be honest, but the yeloow shirts certainly fooled 'em.

Not trying to convince anyone to be honest mate, but there are definitely some Aussies who are well up for it this year, must be the Englishness they are seeping into their pores whilst over here. There was quite a big deal over your bid trying to get the 2018 and 2022 World Cups aswell, so for a country who 'Doesn't give a shit' you certainly have enough $'s your willing to throw at it. ;)

Yeah, I was actually going to mention that it's more Ian and his goons who seem deadset that we all love soccer over here, but yeah, I saw that on the news last night that we were an chance to host the 2022 World Cup.

Mate, there's no doubt in the world that, like most countries I assume, there are die-hard enthusiasts who are as into their soccer as any British or Brazilian gent. I'm just pointing out, that as an entire population, the fanatics are vastly inferior in number to the rest of us. And to be honest, most the fanatics are all from the middle east anyway. :lol:

Either way, I've admitted I'll try my best to get into the World Cup, but as Dave says it's going to close to impossible to really get into it at all considering the times it's on TV.

Hey... What can I say..?

I'm an American... so I voted "Who Gives A Shit".

I'll still make a prediction ~ Argentina

Hey... What can I say..?

I'm an American... so I voted "Who Gives A Shit".

How dare you !!!!!!

I hope the USA are never going to try and bid to host the World Cup then :tsk:;):lol:

As long as it is not England which like most other attempts, it more than likely won't be ;)

Obviously not a man who watches 20/20 Cricket then?

As long as it is not England which like most other attempts, it more than likely won't be ;)

Obviously not a man who watches 20/20 Cricket then?

I don't know what 20/20 Cricket has got to do with the soccer world cup :unsure: but anyway, you are dead right, I don't watch 20/20 cricket !!