Rock Sugar........These will blow your mind !

Dave

I really don't see the fascination with this band whatsoever to tell you the truth. Much better stuff to be getting excited about, rather than this clap trap.

To borrow a line from Wes, who summed it perfectly......"It's a fun album" and I think he is spot on!!!

Good for something different.

It's a pity the vocals on the Black Sweden "Gold" CD were not as good as these.

I'm in full agreement with you Dave.....this release is "DIFFERENT".....this isn't the same stuff we hear day in and day out. This disc finds time in my disc player a minimum of once a week and I've had friends hear it and ask "who are those guys"??? They find it refreshing. Of course, I can understand the younger generation of listeners not appreciating the unique style of blending various classic songs. To me, this is a talent to do what these guys do with such ease!!!

This is getting played rather often here as well and I too have had many asking "Who is this"??

It is something different and it is refreshing and I think something very well done especially "Voices In The Jungle" which they do brilliantly.

I like it alot :tumbsup:

With the CDR/silver pressed disc, as I said before, if you look on the silver side of the disc, it has this website http://www.ultraentertainment.com/

To me it looks silver pressed, but its getting harder and harder to tell CDRs from the real deal these days.

Ultra Entertainment seem to be a company that will do the duplications for bands, which could mean they are silver pressed.

They use full colour professional screen printing on the discs as well, so they certainly look as good as any major label in my opinion.

As has been said, it wouldnt surprise me if the band dont know the difference between silver pressed and CDR, or what process Ultra use.

With the CDR/silver pressed disc, as I said before, if you look on the silver side of the disc, it has this website http://www.ultraentertainment.com/

To me it looks silver pressed, but its getting harder and harder to tell CDRs from the real deal these days.

Ultra Entertainment seem to be a company that will do the duplications for bands, which could mean they are silver pressed.

They use full colour professional screen printing on the discs as well, so they certainly look as good as any major label in my opinion.

As has been said, it wouldnt surprise me if the band dont know the difference between silver pressed and CDR, or what process Ultra use.

Here's a little something that I've discovered over the years.....as you know, a CDR is basically a dye that is altered by a laser to create the pits and lands that the CD player reads and converts to audio sound. On a pressed silver disc, these lands and grooves are pressed into the aluminum just under the polymer. Take a look at one of your CDRs that have been recorded......do you see the dye change and the end of the recorded area? Now look at your silver pressed disc.....not the same is it? Yes, you are correct that it sometimes is getting harder and harder to tell, but, in the end, there is a difference for the trained eye to see. This is a silver pressed release, not a CDR. If some of you received CDRs, it's time to complain!!!!

I really don't see the fascination with this band whatsoever to tell you the truth. Much better stuff to be getting excited about, rather than this clap trap.

To borrow a line from Wes, who summed it perfectly......"It's a fun album" and I think he is spot on!!!

Good for something different.

It's a pity the vocals on the Black Sweden "Gold" CD were not as good as these.

I'm in full agreement with you Dave.....this release is "DIFFERENT".....this isn't the same stuff we hear day in and day out. This disc finds time in my disc player a minimum of once a week and I've had friends hear it and ask "who are those guys"??? They find it refreshing. Of course, I can understand the younger generation of listeners not appreciating the unique style of blending various classic songs. To me, this is a talent to do what these guys do with such ease!!!

This is getting played rather often here as well and I too have had many asking "Who is this"??

It is something different and it is refreshing and I think something very well done especially "Voices In The Jungle" which they do brilliantly.

I like it alot :tumbsup:

Putting two stereos in a room at the same time and putting a Motley Crue CD in one and a Bon Jovi CD in the other, then playing them at the same volume at the same time would be different too...

... but it would still suck. ;)

Nah, seriously guys, to each their own. I personally don't find anything refreshing about what is essentially just sloppy cover versions of songs we've all heard a million times, but if you guys are into it I'm glad. I, personally, am far more interested in the bands who make the effort to write their own new and original material, and end up sounding 10,000 times better than this anyway. :D IMO, of course.

This is a reply from Ultra Entertainment on how they operate so it probably comes down to how many the band ordered.

You would think it would be in excess of 1000 !!!!

We process both CD-R (Duplication) and Pressed CD (Replication) at Ultra Entertainment. The determining factor will be how many CDs you order. If you do a run of 100-500 we will do a Duplicated CD-R. If you do an order of 1000 or more, we will do a Pressed Replication process

This is a reply from Ultra Entertainment on how they operate so it probably comes down to how many the band ordered.

You would think it would be in excess of 1000 !!!!

We process both CD-R (Duplication) and Pressed CD (Replication) at Ultra Entertainment. The determining factor will be how many CDs you order. If you do a run of 100-500 we will do a Duplicated CD-R. If you do an order of 1000 or more, we will do a Pressed Replication process

Standard procedure from a manufacturer. And, I thought Black Sweden did "this" much much better.

• 4 weeks later...

Love the Rock Sugar album!

I dismissed it as a 'busy' album initially, I thought there was too much going on within each track.

But after several spins I'm loving it and can appreciate the songs. They are a hard working band and their cd is my favourite this year!!