New Fall TV Schedules

whiplash1972

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two new ones I've heard about are The Firm, might be okay although legal dramas are not my thing and Alcatraz that looks really promising...

I have The Firm set to record next Sunday for the two hour premeire and will also be watching Alcatraz.

Alcatraz looks cool. Hey, it's got Sam "Dr. Grant From Jurassic Park" Neill and "Hurley" from "Lost" in it, that alone makes it worth at least one watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched one last night that everyone can safely avoid ... "Unsupervised," FX Networks' new animated "adult comedy" series (i.e. "cartoon characters cursing") ...the animation stinks, and it's trying sooooo hard to be the next "edgy" toon ala "Beavis & Butthead" or "South Park" ... but it fails miserably. I didn't even chuckle once while watching it and eventually I bailed out on it before it was over. Ignore this and hopefully it'll go away.

On the other hand, SyFy Channel's "Being Human" got off to a strong second season start and their newest series, "Lost Girl" looks like goofy action packed fun.

On the other hand, SyFy Channel's "Being Human" got off to a strong second season start and their newest series, "Lost Girl" looks like goofy action packed fun.

That premiere of Being Human was GREAT. So Nora is a werewolf. I think we all saw that coming but the way it happened after she seemed to be out of the woods for the most part and then bam she starts to change. But is she is alive and is Josh alive? What will Aiden do now that he has to play the game and be the nice little vampire soldier. The actress that plays the daughter of the vampire queen is from the Dollhouse TV show.

Watched one last night that everyone can safely avoid ... "Unsupervised," FX Networks' new animated "adult comedy" series (i.e. "cartoon characters cursing") ...the animation stinks, and it's trying sooooo hard to be the next "edgy" toon ala "Beavis & Butthead" or "South Park" ... but it fails miserably. I didn't even chuckle once while watching it and eventually I bailed out on it before it was over. Ignore this and hopefully it'll go away.

I never got into Being Human...just didn't interest me... Lost Girl is however a pretty good series. It's Canadian and we are well into the 2nd season here in Canada...

There's a new series called Touch starring Keifer Sutherland that looks promising....starts tomorrow...

Ive thought about recording that. I care more about Keifer starting the shooting the 24 movie soon for a 2013 release!

I really enjoyed the 1st Touch episode...anyone else watch it?

There's a new series called Touch starring Keifer Sutherland that looks promising....starts tomorrow...

Ive thought about recording that. I care more about Keifer starting the shooting the 24 movie soon for a 2013 release!

I really enjoyed the 1st Touch episode...anyone else watch it?

Watched it, and thoroughly enjoyed it. FOX has done well for itself with Touch and Alcatraz; both are very good IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

HOUSE M.D. is no more! FOX announced today that after eight seasons and 177 episodes, it will conclude the long-running medical drama at the end of this season.

"The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years — but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved," said executive producers David Shore, Katie Jacobs and star Hugh Laurie in a joint statement.

"Since it began, HOUSE has aspired to offer a coherent and satisfying world in which everlasting human questions of ethics and emotion, logic and truth, could be examined, played out, and occasionally answered. This sounds like fancy talk, but it really isn't. HOUSE has, in its time, intrigued audiences around the world in vast numbers, and has shown that there is a strong appetite for television drama that relies on more than prettiness or gun play."

The show's current eighth season ratings have remained strong, particularly for a drama airing at 8pm. HOUSE, which airs on Monday nights has averaged 9.8 million viewers and a 3.9 rating in the adult demo which is pretty damn good considering. One factor in the decision has been the performance of a few of FOX's freshman shows, FINDER, ALCATRAZ and TERRA NOVA. All of which are expected to be picked up for second seasons so the chance the network would pony up for another year of HOUSE was slim at best.

In November, star Hugh Laurie said he expects to retire from TV acting once the show goes off the air. Laurie has won numerous awards over the years for his role as Gregory House including an Emmy for best actor and two Golden Globes. The series itself has won a slew of awards as well. - Entertainment Weekly

-----------------------------------------------------

Well, at least they can go out with a semi-bang instead of the whimper that most dramas seem to. While last year featured some of the worst episodes and the worst season-long story arc (House + Cuddy aka Huddy) of the series, they've picked back up this year with some pretty entertaining episodes. I'll miss it, but glad to see the show not over-staying its welcome.

• 4 weeks later...

i've been watching the River but it has just about lost me. I'm a little sad because looks like The Firm is getting canceled. I really liked that one. Alcatraz is cool. I like Lost Girl too.

I really like The River a lot but not sure how long they could take it anyway but it has been good. I absolutely love The Firm but the move to Saturday says it all. Now that Awake replaced it on Thursday after it had replaced the awesome Prime Suspect. NBC just plain sucks. Lost Girl is great and keeps getting better but I am shocked at what their able to get away with.

Alcatraz starts next week on Watch channel, The Firm I`d like to see but don`t know when this might be aired.

oh, is there going to be a new series ?

i'm a big fan of 24 but I thought they has shut down the series and the last season being the end ?

looks like this Touch is very interesting!

i'm a big fan of 24 but I thought they has shut down the series and the last season being the end ?

24 will be a movie

i've been watching the River but it has just about lost me. I'm a little sad because looks like The Firm is getting canceled. I really liked that one. Alcatraz is cool. I like Lost Girl too.

I really like The River a lot but not sure how long they could take it anyway but it has been good. I absolutely love The Firm but the move to Saturday says it all. Now that Awake replaced it on Thursday after it had replaced the awesome Prime Suspect. NBC just plain sucks. Lost Girl is great and keeps getting better but I am shocked at what their able to get away with.

The River has been pretty good and hopefully will survive. Never got into the Firm just not my thing. Won't be watching Awake either, the whole concept of the show is irritating. Is Prime Suspect cancelled? That was a very good show, I wondered where it went. Lost Girl is a lot of fun and I wish it were even raunchier, by the way the girl on girl action continues in season 2... :lol:

The River has been pretty good and hopefully will survive. Never got into the Firm just not my thing. Won't be watching Awake either, the whole concept of the show is irritating. Is Prime Suspect cancelled? That was a very good show, I wondered where it went. Lost Girl is a lot of fun and I wish it were even raunchier, by the way the girl on girl action continues in season 2... :lol:

Yup PS was cancelled. They keep putting dramas on Thurs nites after their two comedy block and they cant attract veiwers for some reason. Theyve had the same issue with their 10/9 central timeslot on mondays withChase last year and Playboy club this year getting the axe.

tumblr_lz6shespdR1r663ego1_1280.jpg

No it aint right at all and I'm sure Fox could of had a crystal ball to know what popularity Firefly would have in the future it would still be going. But it's not the only great show to get cancelled after one season. There's just to many to name. Threshold, Surface, Invasion to just name a few.

24 will be a movie

Aah ic

yeah just saw it's on IMDB, thanks