New Annihilator this Summer...

Dark Star

Saw this on blabbermouth today....

ANNIHILATOR: Video Interview With JEFF WATERS Posted Online - Apr. 17, 2010

Poland's InfoMusic.pl conducted an interview with guitarist/mainman Jeff Waters of Canadian thrashers ANNIHILATOR at this year's Musikmesse Frankfurt 2010 fair, which was held March 24-27, 2010 in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Watch the chat below.

"Coward", a brand new song from ANNIHILATOR is available for streaming at the band's official web site. The track comes off ANNIHILATOR's upcoming self-titled album, which is due to be released in Europe on May 17.

Commented ANNIHILATOR guitarist/mainman Jeff Waters: "This one turned out pretty fast and thrashy but has a pretty cool slow-down in the middle of the tune. Dave (Padden) wrote the lyrics on this and is pretty pissed off at someone; I think, a former friend of the family. Nothing really technical and difficult, other than some limb-cramping guitar picking and non-stop drum rippage, but I would describe it as simply a headbanging, no-B.S. metal scorcher."

"Annihilator" will be released in Europe via Earache Records, in Japan through Marquee and in Australia via Riot Entertainment.

The Earache webstore is now taking pre-orders for the limited-edition deluxe version of the album housed in a clam box (pictured below) with three pin badges, sticker sheet, ANNIHILATOR logo keyring and a guitar pic limited to 500.

The track listing for the CD is as follows:

01. The Trend

02. Coward

03. Ambush

04. Betrayed

05. 25 Seconds

06. Nowhere To Go

07. The Other Side

08. Death In Your Eyes

09. Payback

10. Romeo Delight

Total running time: 48:50

Check out the cover artwork below.

Since releasing its classic "Alice In Hell" debut in 1989, ANNIHILATOR has consistently played heads-down, no-frills metal, led by guitar virtuoso Jeff Waters.

ANNIHILATOR was honored in the "Favorite Metal Artist/Group" category at the 2009 Indie Awards (Independent Music Awards), which was held on March 14, 2009 at the Royal York Hotel (Canadian Room) in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Also nominated in the "Metal" category were BISON B.C., CRYPTOPSY, CURSED and FUCK THE FACTS.

The Indies celebrate the best in independent music. Nominees are selected by committees of industry professionals from all areas of the music scene and winners are decided by a combination of public and industry voting.

ANNIHILATOR released its latest album, "Metal", in North America in January 2008 via SPV.

CHeck out the new tune here....

http://www.annihilatormetal.com/index.php?page=198

Sounds pretty damn GOOD to Me!!!! :headbanger:

Damn...that actually sounds pretty bad-ass... I had skipped the last couple of Annihilators because I hated the new singer (Dave Padden)... sounds like he's reeled it in a little bit, the last time I checked in with them (the ALL FOR YOUR album) he was all over the place. One song he was an Anselmo clone, next track he wanted to be Mike Patton, etc., etc. -- it was like "pick a vocal style and stick with it dammit!"... but I'd have to hear more trax before I decided whether or not to pick it up...

On a side note, wow, that new CD cover is lame-O.

sinister1.jpg

Bleah. :thppt:

Yea I haven't biothered much with Annihilator since 'Waking the Fury' Myself.. I heard 'Metal' but was not very impressed with it... This DOES sound pretty bad ass though!! :headbanger:

And yea, creepy ass cover art eh?? not what I expected from them At All....

I thought "Metal" was pretty good. I liked the way they integrated a lot of Modern artists onto it to bring in a new audience and update the sound. There's so much good stuff out over the next couple of months I'm not sure I'll pick this up, but would like to hear a tune or two...

• 2 months later...

Anyone heard the new Annihilator CD yet? Apparently there are 66 guitar solos (which appeals to me). Interested to hear any verdicts on the album.

Anyone heard the new Annihilator CD yet? Apparently there are 66 guitar solos (which appeals to me). Interested to hear any verdicts on the album.

Yeah I heard it. Is very similar to "Metal" (and most other recent Annihilator discs), and is just as patchy as everything else they've put out. Starts off well and has a few extra thrashier numbers this time out, but some truly blatant fillers spoil this as a whole listening experience. Decent but only pick it up if it's cheap...

Yeah I heard it. Is very similar to "Metal" (and most other recent Annihilator discs), and is just as patchy as everything else they've put out. Starts off well and has a few extra thrashier numbers this time out, but some truly blatant fillers spoil this as a whole listening experience. Decent but only pick it up if it's cheap...

Thanks for the heads up. I suspected this may be the case, but had a faint hope that it might have been a headbanging classic. Oh well.

Man, ya'll are a bunch of goddamn art critics, aren't ya? Ha!! You don't like the Maiden cover, you don't like the Annihilator cover...

How about Metal bands just start using plain brown wrappers with the name written in crayon? Haha!!

I think the new Annihilator cover is cool myself...I need to check out the song...