Disciple

Glen

• My Little Pony

And so, uh, 'O God Save Us All.' Any takers at all? The album from 2012? I didn't even see more than a passing comment from Mark on this. So, Mark, my fellow Jesus Enthusiast, and anyone else, did anyone hear and enjoy this album? Took a few spins to really show it's pure awesomeness, but I kind of love this CD. Pretty damn heavy when it needs to be, and deliciously melodic/commercial when it needs to be. These guys know how to make a nice mixture of tracks and I really enjoy the disc. Probably their best since 'Scars Remain.'

I ranked Disciple: "O God Save Us All" as my #1 album of 2012, as I love this CD from start to finish. As Geoff rightly points out, they have some kick-butt metal tunes mixed with some very melodic commercial tracks, and they're all filled with great hooks regardless of whether they're slamming out the aggression or eloquently delivering a power ballad. Even better, these guys have a lyrical depth that is so much greater than your typical modern Christian band. Nothing wrong with "Praise Jesus" type lyrics, but Disciple probe so much deeper than that and know how to make an impact (at least with me). So, yeah, this was my favorite album of 2012 and easily one of Disciple's best to date.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I love these guys. The Classic Crime are the same. Powerful and challenging lyrics.

Yeah, the great thing about Disciple is I know they're a christian band because it's a common fact, but you I wouldn't necessarily ever pick it up from the new album because most the songs can be taken any way you interpret it. Honestly, I think it's got all the traits for an album of the year and it's a nice choice. Certainly thumps the shit out of the new Shinedown disc which so many people seem to be stuck on. Glad to see it was appreciated by another here, and hopefully a few others soon.

Geoff, baby, go back and listen to Amaryllis, again. I was right there with you, last year. I didn't care for it. But I just gave it another try this week, and haven't stopped listening to it.

And so, uh, 'O God Save Us All.' Any takers at all? The album from 2012? I didn't even see more than a passing comment from Mark on this. So, Mark, my fellow Jesus Enthusiast, and anyone else, did anyone hear and enjoy this album? Took a few spins to really show it's pure awesomeness, but I kind of love this CD. Pretty damn heavy when it needs to be, and deliciously melodic/commercial when it needs to be. These guys know how to make a nice mixture of tracks and I really enjoy the disc. Probably their best since 'Scars Remain.'

I ranked Disciple: "O God Save Us All" as my #1 album of 2012, as I love this CD from start to finish. As Geoff rightly points out, they have some kick-butt metal tunes mixed with some very melodic commercial tracks, and they're all filled with great hooks regardless of whether they're slamming out the aggression or eloquently delivering a power ballad. Even better, these guys have a lyrical depth that is so much greater than your typical modern Christian band. Nothing wrong with "Praise Jesus" type lyrics, but Disciple probe so much deeper than that and know how to make an impact (at least with me). So, yeah, this was my favorite album of 2012 and easily one of Disciple's best to date.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I love these guys. The Classic Crime are the same. Powerful and challenging lyrics.

Yeah, the great thing about Disciple is I know they're a christian band because it's a common fact, but you I wouldn't necessarily ever pick it up from the new album because most the songs can be taken any way you interpret it. Honestly, I think it's got all the traits for an album of the year and it's a nice choice. Certainly thumps the shit out of the new Shinedown disc which so many people seem to be stuck on. Glad to see it was appreciated by another here, and hopefully a few others soon.

Geoff, baby, go back and listen to Amaryllis, again. I was right there with you, last year. I didn't care for it. But I just gave it another try this week, and haven't stopped listening to it.

I've heard it plenty. Seriously, I don't hate it, or even dislike it. In fact, I like it. I'm sure I said the same thing in the thread for the band. It's a nice disc, and I rated it a generous 73%. It's a good score, but I probably preferred about 80 modern rock CDs in 2012. Literally. Somehow they have become the modern day 80's Bon Jovi for modern rock. People are familiar with them and seem to consider them the best (and only) modern rock band to exist. For me, though, they're not even in the top 50% of good modern rock bands. To each their own, but just way too over-rated for my liking. It's not a good thing. Everything about a band like Disciple is and always has been a lot better as far as I'm concerned.

I wouldn't even classify Shinedown as modern rock - its more classic rock, which would explain why Geoff doesn't rate it that high.

Got a firm 83% from me but wasn't as good as SoM imo.

I wouldn't even classify Shinedown as modern rock - its more classic rock, which would explain why Geoff doesn't rate it that high.

Got a firm 83% from me but wasn't as good as SoM imo.

You sure about that, mate? I don't hear classic rock at all. If I did, I could guarantee a 7.3% rating rather than a 73%. Sorry mate, truly don't get that impression at all. It's modern rock, and pretty decent modern rock at that. It's just plain and simply that there are a hell of a lot of better bands out there.

But I like that album even more than the last one - a LOT more actually. Just pure modern hard rock to me, whatever that is.

Anyway, stop it. There are plenty of threads on this over-rated but good band. This thread's for a great band, in Disciple. Listen to the new disc and describe your thoughts! ;)

Lambretta > Shinedown. ;)

That I seriously doubt lol. Have you listened to her singing live? El dodge.

Nah, I haven't even got the Lambretta CD that I ordered the other day yet. It probably won't be true, but I like danger and that's why I posted it. Seriously, will anyone listen to Disciple?

• 6 years later...

They released a new album called 'Love Letter Kill Shot' a couple of months ago. Gotta give it to them, they're consistent. If you like what they do, you'll like plenty about the new album. No bad songs and a whole lot of solid-ness. 

1    .    Cuff the Criminal

2    .    Reanimate

3    .    Wake Up

4    .    Panic Room (feat. Andrew Schwab)

5    .    Play to Win

6    .    Fire Away

7    .    Misery

8    .    Chemical Wisdom

9    .    Never Too Late

10    .    Touch of Pain

11    .    Walk With Me

12    .    Best Thing Ever

810539023346.jpg

My favourite tune is;