New Slash album

Captain Howdy

Just downloaded the bonus disc thats been released with the new rip off ... I mean, deluxe version.

Its got some of the various bonus tracks on it that were available on the various versions, a couple of demos and then a bunch of acoustic and live stuff with Kennedy.

Most of the Kennedy stuff is GNR or VR covers, and quite frankly, I thought they were horrible.

I couldnt even listen all the way through to the acoustic version of Sweet child or the live version of Night train.

The acoustic version of Fall to pieces is better, but still doesnt hold up to the original (and I was not even a huge fan of VR other than one or two songs, this being one of them).

TBH, I know Axl gets a lot of stick, and people mocked the last GNR album, but I would take that album over pretty much everything Slash has released since leaving GNR.

TBH, I know Axl gets a lot of stick, and people mocked the last GNR album, but I would take that album over pretty much everything Slash has released since leaving GNR.

Totally agree. I do love the tune Ghost but without Astbury on vocals, I'd be quick to dismiss that song as well. I, for one, really like Democracy.

Totally agree. I do love the tune Ghost but without Astbury on vocals, I'd be quick to dismiss that song as well. I, for one, really like Democracy.

Yep, totally agree here too. The Snakepit albums are both steaming piles of horseshit which I could not bare to keep in my collection, I own the Velvet Revolver CDs, but only barely, and this new one is the best of the lot, but still far from good. There's patches from him since GNR that are decent, but I agree that 'Chinese Democracy' is a hell of a lot better than any of it all put together.

Love him or hate him, Axl is a truly gifted songwriter and there's just something about 'Chinese Democracy' that is interesting enough to make it worthwhile.

Yep, totally agree here too. The Snakepit albums are both steaming piles of horseshit which I could not bare to keep in my collection, I own the Velvet Revolver CDs, but only barely, and this new one is the best of the lot, but still far from good. There's patches from him since GNR that are decent, but I agree that 'Chinese Democracy' is a hell of a lot better than any of it all put together.

Love him or hate him, Axl is a truly gifted songwriter and there's just something about 'Chinese Democracy' that is interesting enough to make it worthwhile.

Snakepit's "Aint Life Grand" was and is awesome IMO and still gets many plays in my house. To each his own I guess but I've enjoyed most everything Slash has done but I also liked Axl's Chinese Democracy. Sure I'd prefer them writing together but that's never gonna happen. Also I loved the first VR disc but the second one was way to STP for me. Hopefully they get a new singer soon and go more in a sleazy direction.