Verdicts please!

JamesEagle

Enemies SWE - Behind Enemy Lines

Definitely thought that one was a dud, mate. Modern sleaze rock/metal probably most easily compared to something like Backyard Babies maybe. You might like it as you're into a few of current sleaze bands by the looks of it... but then again so am I and I thought this was well below average.

I wouldn't call it a dud but there are better releases out there......I call it decent and they remind me of Fatal Smile...

Okay, thanks to my good man Dave this arrived in my letterbox today. Thanks again mate. If itends up as a frisbee I'll let my neighbour's decapitated head know it was your fault. ;) Here's a quick rundown based on my first spin:

1 - WELCOME TO THE CIRCUS

Not my think at all. Very funky... has filler written all over it, and then some.

2 - 10c LOVIN

I guess if you're being vast I could see a GW reference here. Kind of an upbeat bluesy number. Much better than the first song and I must say at this point that I like the vocalist's voice. Not a dream come true for me, but not a nightmare either.

3 - STAY

Yeah, not bad at all. Still definitely got that bluesy feel which will mean this is not for everyone and means I won't love it either, but I don't mind this one. Pretty catchy chorus.

4 - SISTER MERCY

Another one that's not so bad. I'll stop mentioning it as the whole CD is going to be subject to this, but it's still very bluesy, but this is a cool uptempo tune. Good musicianship and production job is also now quite evident.

5 - SHE WANTS LOVE

Yep, Dave's right here. Filler for sure. Yuck.

6 - DO WHAT YOU DO

Pretty cool track. Chorus chould be a bit stronger as it's a little average, but not bad.

7 - MIDNIGHT

Decent rocker with a bit of swagger to it.

8 - GOING DOWN

Can see why you like this one Dave, but not for me. Total, 100% blues here. Not for me.

9 - HAUNTED

Cool musical intro. Pretty cool chorus actually. Decent enough piece of bluesy rock.

10 - OUTTA LOVE

Oh man, that riff is just dying to be let loose! But it's not allowed to roam free and cause chaos. Instead, this song is okay but could have been better.

11 - SOUL TRAIN

Well and truly dreadful.

Yeah, overall it's not too bad. I can see that it'd appeal to some more than others... especially made for those with a love for the bluesy side of hard rock. I don't know that I'd spin it often, but we'll see. Some of it's pretty cool stuff. Will not be used as a frisbee. Thanks again Dave! :)

Okay, thanks to my good man Dave this arrived in my letterbox today. Thanks again mate. If itends up as a frisbee I'll let my neighbour's decapitated head know it was your fault. ;) Here's a quick rundown based on my first spin:

1 - WELCOME TO THE CIRCUS

Not my think at all. Very funky... has filler written all over it, and then some.

2 - 10c LOVIN

I guess if you're being vast I could see a GW reference here. Kind of an upbeat bluesy number. Much better than the first song and I must say at this point that I like the vocalist's voice. Not a dream come true for me, but not a nightmare either.

3 - STAY

Yeah, not bad at all. Still definitely got that bluesy feel which will mean this is not for everyone and means I won't love it either, but I don't mind this one. Pretty catchy chorus.

4 - SISTER MERCY

Another one that's not so bad. I'll stop mentioning it as the whole CD is going to be subject to this, but it's still very bluesy, but this is a cool uptempo tune. Good musicianship and production job is also now quite evident.

5 - SHE WANTS LOVE

Yep, Dave's right here. Filler for sure. Yuck.

6 - DO WHAT YOU DO

Pretty cool track. Chorus chould be a bit stronger as it's a little average, but not bad.

7 - MIDNIGHT

Decent rocker with a bit of swagger to it.

8 - GOING DOWN

Can see why you like this one Dave, but not for me. Total, 100% blues here. Not for me.

9 - HAUNTED

Cool musical intro. Pretty cool chorus actually. Decent enough piece of bluesy rock.

10 - OUTTA LOVE

Oh man, that riff is just dying to be let loose! But it's not allowed to roam free and cause chaos. Instead, this song is okay but could have been better.

11 - SOUL TRAIN

Well and truly dreadful.

Yeah, overall it's not too bad. I can see that it'd appeal to some more than others... especially made for those with a love for the bluesy side of hard rock. I don't know that I'd spin it often, but we'll see. Some of it's pretty cool stuff. Will not be used as a frisbee. Thanks again Dave! :)

No problems with that run down mate !!!

As you said, more for the bluesy rock fan :tumbsup:

Will look forward to hear what you think about the Storming Heaven disc because it has been that long since I've played it, I can't even give you a heads up on what or who, they sound like so it will be very interesting :lol:

If itends up as a frisbee I'll let my neighbour's decapitated head know it was your fault.

Okay Geoff, warn your neighbour that the threat of decapatation is not over yet, Storming Heaven - Life In Paradise, is now on its way to you and I still have not re-listened to it yet so I still have no idea what it is even like... :unsure: I can tell you though that it does have one of the longest songs ever on it that goes for 18.44 minutes :unsure:

Anyway, I'm going to give it another spin again soon to refresh my memory on why I have not played this for years :unsure:

Also, because you have been a good boy, a bonus copy of another disc has also been included but it is a surprise so I can't tell you what it is, you'll just have to wait and see :tumbsup:

If itends up as a frisbee I'll let my neighbour's decapitated head know it was your fault.

Okay Geoff, warn your neighbour that the threat of decapatation is not over yet, Storming Heaven - Life In Paradise, is now on its way to you and I still have not re-listened to it yet so I still have no idea what it is even like... :unsure: I can tell you though that it does have one of the longest songs ever on it that goes for 18.44 minutes :unsure:

Anyway, I'm going to give it another spin again soon to refresh my memory on why I have not played this for years :unsure:

Also, because you have been a good boy, a bonus copy of another disc has also been included but it is a surprise so I can't tell you what it is, you'll just have to wait and see :tumbsup:

Haha. Thanks mate. An 18:44min song? I already hate it! :lol: Kidding, I'll still give it a go but I'll put my neighbours on high alert. Thanks for the bonus too. B-b-b-bonus! Do I take a guess that it's one of the Osenko (sp?) discs? ;)

:unsure: Who the fuck is Osenko :lol:

Do you mean Mike Onesko :unsure: ....Even if that is who you meant, Mike's stuff is certainly not for your taste mate :lol:

:unsure: Who the fuck is Osenko :lol:

Do you mean Mike Onesko :unsure: ....Even if that is who you meant, Mike's stuff is certainly not for your taste mate :lol:

:lol: Oh come on, give me credit. I was close enough. ;) Yeah, agreed I'm not into it and glad to hear it'll be something especially designed for my ears. :)

AN OFFICIAL WARNING TO GEOFFS NEIGHBOURS

Stay inside early next week and under no circumstance stick your head out the door due to the very good prospect of being decapitaded by a flying disc :yikes:

Just got to listen to Storming Heaven - Life In Paradise again and now I know why I have not played this one for years :whistle:

It is a shocker with only about 2 songs I would even class as listenable :lame:

I was even tempted to race up to the Post Office and ask them to hand the package back to me if it had not already been sent so I could remove it and frisbee it myself !!!!!

I think M Allen's review from the HH Album comments section pretty much sums this one up :lol:

I'd rather be crapped on by 3-dozen pigs who just ate one hundred boxes of ExLax before listening to this dreck again. OK, I'm exaggerating, but this really is some lame stuff. AOR plus progressive elements equals a CD you can live without. Somebody out there will probably enjoy this album, but odds are they reside at the local deaf folks' home... If you think this band is paradise, think again.

Stay inside early next week and under no circumstance stick your head out the door due to the very good prospect of being decapitaded by a flying disc :yikes:

Just got to listen to Storming Heaven - Life In Paradise again and now I know why I have not played this one for years :whistle:

I was even tempted to race up to the Post Office and ask them to hand the package back to me if it had not already been sent so I could remove it and frisbee it myself !!!!!

I think M Allen's review from the HH Album comments section pretty much sums this one up :lol:

I'd rather be crapped on by 3-dozen pigs who just ate one hundred boxes of ExLax before listening to this dreck again. OK, I'm exaggerating, but this really is some lame stuff. AOR plus progressive elements equals a CD you can live without. Somebody out there will probably enjoy this album, but odds are they reside at the local deaf folks' home... If you think this band is paradise, think again.

:lol: I don't have to listen to it, do I? :(

:lol: I don't have to listen to it, do I? :(

James, you have been warned as well :whistle::lol:

Cheers Dave, I'll add it to the 'play eventually' pile.

Some of the comments on HH are very positive, so someone must like it. Looking forward to the Wrecking Crew CD more though, especially in light of David's post.

Anyone got any comments on:

Forte - A Dead Breed

The Ultras - Handbook Of Songwriting

Shake City - s/t

Wrecking Crew's song Haunted is one of my top 20 songs of all-time and I'm definately not bias toward Australian bands.

I own about 10,000 CD's, that's a lot of songs!!

Kind regards

Dave

Suncity Records

This disc really does grow on you :tumbsup:

Cheers Dave, I'll add it to the 'play eventually' pile.

Some of the comments on HH are very positive, so someone must like it. Looking forward to the Wrecking Crew CD more though, especially in light of David's post.

Anyone got any comments on:

Forte - A Dead Breed

The Ultras - Handbook Of Songwriting

Shake City - s/t

forte is your typical run of the mill melodic rock, indy production, not a bad cd.

the ultras i found more enjoyable that forte, good old fashioned sleazy rnr, not far off from old school l.a guns & the like..

shake city easily my fave of the lot purely becauase it's commercial melodic hard rock / pop metal & a very good one :):beerbang:

Forte is OK, nothing too exciting, although the track 'Thunder' is really good and worth owning the album for.

Shake City - s/t ; the Eonian one? Cool disc. Oh wait, just remembered something. You suck, hey? And by that I mean, you hate Warrant, hey? Well then, avoid Shake City like the plague because my description was going to be that they're good, like a poor man's version of Warrant. Meaning the styles are kind of similar but Warrant destroy them. :)

Shake City - s/t ; the Eonian one? Cool disc. Oh wait, just remembered something. You suck, hey? And by that I mean, you hate Warrant, hey? Well then, avoid Shake City like the plague because my description was going to be that they're good, like a poor man's version of Warrant. Meaning the styles are kind of similar but Warrant destroy them. :)

Warrant destroy them? What? :explode:

I only hate Warrant because for me the first album was so bad. Possibly the worst album I've ever owned (at least until I got Petra - Beyond Belief). I did hear 'Dog Eat Dog' and thought it was pretty good, but I'll never forgive that debut (or the title track from 'Cherry Pie', which told me all I needed to know about that album). I will probably spin 'Dog Eat Dog' again one day though.