any AUSSIES ever used CDWOW.com.au?

someone at sleazeroxx suggested this site and i'v ejust had a good look and there are quite a few bargains to be had...

some stuff pricey, but some stuff dirt cheap - AND SHIPPING IS FREE

some examples of what i found...

Gemini Five - Babylon Rockets for under $5

Hardcore SUperstar - Bad Sneakers for under $7

Buckcherry - live for about $13

Motley Crue remasters with bonus trax albums for $11

Def Leppard 'deluxe' editions for about $23

Last Vegas - for about $13

Dokken backcatalogue for under $9 each

Keel for about $14

Poison - resiusses with bonus tracks for under $10

Posion cd + dvd box set for $16.95

plus bargains from CInderella, WASP, Ratt , Warrant, Motley Crue, and most other common title you can think of

and reasonalbe priced stuff from the likes of HArdcore Superstar, Babylon Bombs, Crazy Lixx

AND SAVE SHIT LOADS ON INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE COS IT"S FREE SHIPPING!

Anyone ever used this site?

I saw it about 12 months ago and it was quite crap, but looks like it's greatly increased it's range whilst giving up some great bargains...

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy shit, au$20 to order the new Treat or Crazy Lixx CDs? With free shipping. That's really not bad at all. For modern titles it looks like it's still much cheaper through Secondspin, but it looks like for new releases in "our" genre this place could be a goer.

To answer your question, no, never used them. But seriously considering it to buy new releases that I cannot wait to be released at Nuclearhell.

Holy shit, au$20 to order the new Treat or Crazy Lixx CDs? With free shipping. That's really not bad at all. For modern titles it looks like it's still much cheaper through Secondspin, but it looks like for new releases in "our" genre this place could be a goer.

To answer your question, no, never used them. But seriously considering it to buy new releases that I cannot wait to be released at Nuclearhell.

but 2nd SPin is 2nd hand right...?

From what I can see on cdwow, I cannot see any reference to 2nd hand, therefore I'm assuming it all new. 2nd spin has always been so hit and miss for me, so if there are new I'd rather pay the extra couple of bucks for a new item.

Never heard of them... wonder if they actually have them in stock or are just listing them?

each item say something like:

in stock

7-10days

out of stock

so, I'm guessing some is actually in stock, but i think most is probably through distributors. The guy on sleazeroxx said they can be a bit slow in shipping, but he get's what he orders.

but 2nd SPin is 2nd hand right...?

From what I can see on cdwow, I cannot see any reference to 2nd hand, therefore I'm assuming it all new. 2nd spin has always been so hit and miss for me, so if there are new I'd rather pay the extra couple of bucks for a new item.

Yep, right you are. SS is 2nd hand. Never been an issue with me, but yeah, if you're looking for new stuff this place does seem good. I'd like to see a few more real bargains before I take the plunge, but there's definitely a few CDs there that I've found hard to get and they're decently priced. Not really must-immediately-buy kind of prices... but decent.

i just pre-ordered Crazy lixx from chaos.com. $18 with free shipping. (there's a sale on there at the moment).

i see they also had some of the newer Hardcore Superstar albums at reasonable prices if you were still looking for then Geoff. ie Beg FOr It @ $15

i just pre-ordered Crazy lixx from chaos.com. $18 with free shipping. (there's a sale on there at the moment).

i see they also had some of the newer Hardcore Superstar albums at reasonable prices if you were still looking for then Geoff. ie Beg FOr It @ $15

Bloody hell mate. The Chaos.com has Treat for $18.00 too, free shipping. How come I never knew about these sites? :lol:

As for Hardcore Superstar, picked both the new ones up from Nuclearhell last year for about us$10 each, and free shipping. :)

Hey guys, help a brother out. Here's the challenge for the day. I signed up with Chaos.com and pre-ordered Treat and Crazy Lixx the other day. Now they've sent me a $2 off coupon for signing up. If I'm going to redeem this it's probably only going to be if I can redeem it before the 10% off sale ends at 4pm today. Any ideas on what to get? I obviously mostly want Crashdiet or Reckless Love's newies but they're not stocking either. What else is there?

Hey guys, help a brother out. Here's the challenge for the day. I signed up with Chaos.com and pre-ordered Treat and Crazy Lixx the other day. Now they've sent me a $2 off coupon for signing up. If I'm going to redeem this it's probably only going to be if I can redeem it before the 10% off sale ends at 4pm today. Any ideas on what to get? I obviously mostly want Crashdiet or Reckless Love's newies but they're not stocking either. What else is there?

i'll ahve to have alook and let you know

i'll ahve to have alook and let you know

Haha. Thanks. I'm just trying to think of what other new releases are due soon and will be available here. Crazy Lixx are signed with Frontiers now, hey? So I assume they generally stock Frontiers stuff at the good price? I notice Crashdiet's first 2 albums are both $30+. Definitely looking for another $18 wonder with free shipping. :) Or an older classic for a few dollars. :)

i see they have "enemies swe" for about $13 at chaos, if you like that.

Nah, already owned and traded that one quickly. Pretty random one to have in stock, though, and good price.

hey glam junkie... I am from Oz as you know and I have used this site for a long time.... even cdwow.co.uk etc. You can get good DVD bargains from different regions if you are a DVD collector.

One thing I have noticed is that they will ship from all over the place eg. Hong Kong, Europe etc. So I think they are all linked to the cdwow HK site.

CDs are delivered individually in their own bubble wrap envelope.

I did have 1 CD come cracked and they dealt with it really well i.e. sent me a reply paid form to print and send the CD back (so I didn't have to pay for it) and sent me another CD. I just had to send them an email and a pic of the damaged CD.

So, highly recommended but sometimes can wait a while to get stuff shipped if not in stock.

Hmmm, I did have 1 negative issue. A CD never arrived but becuase I never received an email saying it was shipped just thought that it was waiting to be stocked. When I checked the order online sometime later it said it had been shipped. Unfortunately they didn't send me another because I took too long to query it (1 or 2 months after shipping). Otherwise they would have..... so keep an eye on that one.

Hope this helps, but you have already ordered. LOL

hey glam junkie... I am from Oz as you know and I have used this site for a long time.... even cdwow.co.uk etc. You can get good DVD bargains from different regions if you are a DVD collector.

One thing I have noticed is that they will ship from all over the place eg. Hong Kong, Europe etc. So I think they are all linked to the cdwow HK site.

CDs are delivered individually in their own bubble wrap envelope.

I did have 1 CD come cracked and they dealt with it really well i.e. sent me a reply paid form to print and send the CD back (so I didn't have to pay for it) and sent me another CD. I just had to send them an email and a pic of the damaged CD.

So, highly recommended but sometimes can wait a while to get stuff shipped if not in stock.

Hmmm, I did have 1 negative issue. A CD never arrived but becuase I never received an email saying it was shipped just thought that it was waiting to be stocked. When I checked the order online sometime later it said it had been shipped. Unfortunately they didn't send me another because I took too long to query it (1 or 2 months after shipping). Otherwise they would have..... so keep an eye on that one.

Hope this helps, but you have already ordered. LOL

thanks for the info.

good to hear some more positive experiences.... as I haven't really heard a bad one yet. hopefully it's all as good as it seems.

now, just waiting to get my discs (and vinyl)

cheers

What else is there?

use you voucher yet?

if not, do what i did and pick up the new RATT disc for $14.95 and free shipping.

Haha. Coupon was was Chaos.com, and yeah, I used it. Pre-ordered the new Auras CD. I see the new Ratt one is $16.95 at CDWOW, and $22.95 at Chaos.com. Did you get it from CDWOW for $14.95 or were you just saying I could get it for that price with a $2 discount.

Haha. Coupon was was Chaos.com, and yeah, I used it. Pre-ordered the new Auras CD. I see the new Ratt one is $16.95 at CDWOW, and $22.95 at Chaos.com. Did you get it from CDWOW for $14.95 or were you just saying I could get it for that price with a $2 discount.

yeah, $14.95 with the voucher.

cdwow sent me three vouchers today, only $2 each, but i used one on Ratt and one on a Bon Jovi tribute album that was only $6, so ended up costing only $4.

seems like the prices change on cdwow almost every day. crazy lixx and treat are back to $22+, and other stuff seems to be going up and down on a continual basis, so looks like a site you just need to keep on top of to pick up random bargains.

yeah, $14.95 with the voucher.

cdwow sent me three vouchers today, only $2 each, but i used one on Ratt and one on a Bon Jovi tribute album that was only $6, so ended up costing only $4.

seems like the prices change on cdwow almost every day. crazy lixx and treat are back to $22+, and other stuff seems to be going up and down on a continual basis, so looks like a site you just need to keep on top of to pick up random bargains.

Nice. I was just going to buy Ratt for $16.95 but now I just signed up and I might wait to see if I get a voucher too. :lol: Any reason they send them out, or is it just random?