MEGA PIRANHA!

Fat Freddy

I'm sorry, but why does SYFY channel have to plague this channel with crap??

They either play these really bad movies or play that STARGATE crap... :thppt:

Play some fuckin' classics like:

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5

CUBE

OMEGA MAN

SOYLENT GREEN

ROLLERBALL (Original)

CRAZIES (Original)

Or some classic B/W classics

THE CRAWLING EYE

EARTH Vs THE FLYING SAUCERS

LAST MAN ON EARTH

WAR OF THE WORLDS

TIME MACHINE

Sorry man, I had to vent..

I'm sorry, but why does SYFY channel have to plague this channel with crap??

They either play these really bad movies or play that STARGATE crap... :thppt:

Play some fuckin' classics like:

A CLOCKWORK ORANGE

SLAUGHTERHOUSE 5

CUBE

OMEGA MAN

SOYLENT GREEN

ROLLERBALL (Original)

CRAZIES (Original)

Or some classic B/W classics

THE CRAWLING EYE

EARTH Vs THE FLYING SAUCERS

LAST MAN ON EARTH

WAR OF THE WORLDS

TIME MACHINE

Sorry man, I had to vent..

It probably costs too much $$ for the rights to air the "classics," while the makers of stuff like "Mega Piranha" probably pay THEM to play their movies. "Please show our crappy movie! Then maybe someone will like it enough to buy the DVD!" :lol:

OK, so I watched the long awaited "Mega Piranha" last night. It was... well, just as epic as you probably expected. :lol:

Seriously, it was better than the Asylum's previous giant fish story, "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus," but anyone who saw that one would tell you, beating that one wouldn't be too hard to do. The story was absolutely ridiculous of course, the acting was passable at best, the CGI was cheap... it was just good, dumb, action packed gory fun. In other words, a typical SyFy Original. It was faster moving than "Shark Vs. Octopus" and threw in some international intrigue/action movie cliches' to giggle over too. (I loved the constant quick cuts between scenes that were accompanied by a "BAM!" or "SWOOOOOOSH!" sound, and the occasional split-screen trick ala "24")

Now I guess there's nothin to do but sit back and wait for the inevitable "Mega Piranha Vs. Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus" mega-crossover movie. If and when that happens I'm betting on the Piranhas.

OK, so I watched the long awaited "Mega Piranha" last night. It was... well, just as epic as you probably expected. :lol:

Seriously, it was better than the Asylum's previous giant fish story, "Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus," but anyone who saw that one would tell you, beating that one wouldn't be too hard to do. The story was absolutely ridiculous of course, the acting was passable at best, the CGI was cheap... it was just good, dumb, action packed gory fun. In other words, a typical SyFy Original. It was faster moving than "Shark Vs. Octopus" and threw in some international intrigue/action movie cliches' to giggle over too. (I loved the constant quick cuts between scenes that were accompanied by a "BAM!" or "SWOOOOOOSH!" sound, and the occasional split-screen trick ala "24")

Now I guess there's nothin to do but sit back and wait for the inevitable "Mega Piranha Vs. Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus" mega-crossover movie. If and when that happens I'm betting on the Piranhas.

Awesome! Thanks for the low-down Double F, I have even higher expectations for this total cheesefest of a film.

Okay. I apologize for:

1)being too lazy to do an actual search for a topic that MUST already be on this site somewhere and

2) hijacking your thread to bring Human Centipede to everyone's attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo

All I can say is WTF?

I've heard of/read about this flick... sounds a wee bit too bizarro world for me... :yikes:

Okay. I apologize for:

1)being too lazy to do an actual search for a topic that MUST already be on this site somewhere and

2) hijacking your thread to bring Human Centipede to everyone's attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wmTv2nqTHo

All I can say is WTF?

I've heard of/read about this flick... sounds a wee bit too bizarro world for me... :yikes:

I Saw the trailer for this, and while it DOES look a lil bizarro?? I Am kinda morbidly curious about it.... :unsure:

Looks weird sure but I may just enjoy it..... :tumbsup:

I Saw the trailer for this, and while it DOES look a lil bizarro?? I Am kinda morbidly curious about it.... :unsure:

Looks weird sure but I may just enjoy it..... :tumbsup:

After reading the description of the plot on Wiki, I decided to stay way the hell away from this one...

The Human Centipede (First Sequence) is a 2009 horror film starring Ashley C. Williams, Ashlynn Yennie, Akihiro Kitamura and Dieter Laser, directed by Tom Six.[1] It tells the story of a crazed doctor who surgically joins three victims together, mouth to anus, to create a "human centipede"

Let me repeat that:

mouth to anus

Uhhhhhh... no thanks. You have fun watching this one, DS. Count me out. :puke:

• 2 weeks later...

Newest trailer for the forthcoming big budget "Piranha 3D"...looks silly as hell, but totally kick ass at the same time. I'm sold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8LRb9fj0qs

Looks like Richard Dreyfuss is gonna need a bigger boat... AGAIN.

• 6 months later...

I was in Wal-Mart this morning and noticed that "Mega Piranha" has taken up residence in their famed $5.00 DVD display. Almost picked one up for myself but the wife sez I've already bought too many damn DVDs lately....

...but now that I know it's there, someday it will be mine. Oh yes, 'twill. :whistle:

And for those of you who just can't get enough of The Asylum and their "mega" beasts (meaning...me, I guess, and possibly Dark Star), this is their latest "Mega" installment, due in video stores right before Christmas...

MEGA SHARK VS. CROCOSAURUS!!

220px-Megasharkvscrocosaurus.jpg

Plot: "The megalodon has survived its battle with the giant octopus from the previous film. But now, a new prehistoric terror has been discovered in the jungles of Africa..."

Starring Jaleel ("Steve Urkel!") White and Robert (The Doctor on "Star Trek: Voyager") Picardo, both of whom obviously needed a quick mortgage payment.

Sadly, no trailer seems to be available for this masterwork yet. :( I am saddened.

Unfortunately, most of the clips in this thread seem to be out of date (or just won't run on my PC). However, the trailer for Mega Shark Vs. Giant Octopus played, and all I can say is: :rofl2: