your 5 worst shows ever

dokken

I saw a bit of Alice in Chains between bands at last year's Soundwave Festival and they were f*cking dreadful. That's about all I can think of at the moment, though.

I was a little disappointed with both Lynch Mob and Ratt's set lists when they came out here last year, but I enjoyed both shows a lot anyway and the bands played well.

Fear of God because Dawn (RIP) kept arguing with guys in the front row. They played about 3 songs. Kreator because the fucks in the pit kept fighting and they stopped after 8 songs.

As far as the band itself, Prong sounded so bad I walked out and went to the bar.

• 2023 Gold Donors

Love/Hate..mainly due to some serious sound issues they were having.

R.E.O. Speedwagon

Coal Chamber..or should i say noise chamber.

Henry Lee Summer..yee ha lets go build a meth lab! Happy to report that this was a FREE show.

...and a ton more id have to get the stubs out.

Back in the day...

1) KINGOFTHEHILL: because Frankie's mic seemed to be on mute through the whole gig.

2) BLACKBOARD JUNGLE: When they opened for Slik Toxic and Faster Pussycat. Same mic problem as Kingofthehill.

3) TALL STORIES: Because Steve played the whole gig until he and the band and roadies realised his guitar cable was not even plugged in. Plus they were terrible.

4) NEAR LIFE EXPERIENCE: Some (Most) guitar shredders should not try and sing lead vocals.

5) FASTER PUSSYCAT: Industrial Taime sucks

The worst a few years ago was MITCH MALLOY acoustic in a small English Pub in the Uni area of the city. Boring. The booze was much better than the music.

Some of the worse I've been to

REO Speedwagon - boring

Jethro Tull - dragged there by mate who said they would be great...they weren't.

Dave Lee Roth - post Vai and Sheehan...around 1990/91.....boring and a tad embarrassing.

Guns n Roses - Maine Road stadium, just junk, short set and boring as hell.

Rush - R30 tour at Manchester.....me and my mate walked out after 1st set ..... couldn't face another 1 and a half hours ..... boring again! (A band I'd wanted to see for years too and had never got around to...and I still like 'em!!! Maybe I expected too much)

Extreme - just embarrassing....oh yeah and boring...why not!

Well, after the weekend I can definitely add Janes Addiction to this list. Got stuck watching them very much against my wishes, and rightly so. Absolutely f*cking terrible.

Well, after the weekend I can definitely add Janes Addiction to this list. Got stuck watching them very much against my wishes, and rightly so. Absolutely f*cking terrible.

Ouch. Feel for you on that one. :puke:

The worst part now is trying to figure out who is the all-time worst band I've ever seen - Alice In Chains or Janes Addiction. Not a choice any man ever wants to make. The guy from Janes Addiction made me laugh a couple of times between songs, so I guess I'll stick with AIC; the most seriously depressing band on earth, as the worst band I've ever seen.

Slaughter

Faster Pussycat

Tesla

Jackyl

Yeah Tesla were pretty bad when they were here a few years back. Last minute decision to go which I now regret.

Jeff sounded like a blow fly.....or Louie The Fly for the Aussies here.

WTF? You mean when Tesla played in Sydney? At, what was it? The Gaelic or something? The place right near the Swans home ground? Wow, I thought they were f*cking awesome. One of the best concert experiences of my life if I recall correctly.

Slaughter

Faster Pussycat

Tesla

Jackyl

Yeah Tesla were pretty bad when they were here a few years back. Last minute decision to go which I now regret.

WTF? You mean when Tesla played in Sydney? At, what was it? The Gaelic or something? The place right near the Swans home ground? Wow, I thought they were f*cking awesome. One of the best concert experiences of my life if I recall correctly.

Yeah at Moore Park....venue names escapes me at the moment.

15 years too late in my opinion and it was a shocker.....especially Jeff's voice.

Each to their own :)

Slaughter

Faster Pussycat

Tesla

Jackyl

Yeah at Moore Park....venue names escapes me at the moment.

15 years too late in my opinion and it was a shocker.....especially Jeff's voice.

Each to their own :)

Yeah, that's the one. W.O.W. Did that have more impact because of the full stops? :lol:

Matty-Boo, join us in this discussion! This was the evening where I met Matt. I'd be interested to hear what he thought. I think we both agreed it was pretty awesome. But perhaps I'm wrong...

Angra - with the singer after Andre Matos.

I grew up worshipping the first 2 Angra albums - musically it was amazing but the guy couldn't sing (perhaps he had a cold) and embarrassingly attempted the Matos era tunes.

Big disappointment!

Seen quite a few bad bands over the years but these stand out as the worst ones.

Poison - I've mentioned many times before as to why, so I won't say anymore, apart from they were shockingly bad in all departments.

Jethro Tull - I like a few of their mid period tunes and the 'Broadsword And The Beast' album is stellar stuff, but live, they bored me (and everyone else it seemed) absolutely rigid for what seemed like an eternity.

Black Sabbath - 'Born Again' era at the Reading Festival '83 with Ian Gillan. No problems at all with either Black Sabbath or Gillan, as I love them both as bands, but Sabbath with Gillan fronting and Bev Bevan from ELO as drummer, was an absolute travesty - Tony Iommi doing 'Smoke On The Water' - Noooooooooooooooooooooooo Tony, Noooooooooooooooooo!! don't do it! ...errr to late.

Meat Loaf - Monsters Of Rock at Donington 1984. Don't mind a bit of Meat Loaf when the mood takes and I have seen him since do a good show, but this was the era when his voice was completely shot to pieces. Band was ok, but the whole thing was a big struggle for everyone, including the audience.

Drive She Said - Firefest 2009. Love this band on record, but to say they had an 'off day' was an understatement. The band was under rehearsed (and boy could you tell, Mr 'Funky' useless Bass player especially - word of advice, learn your fucking notes mate, instead of posing around like a twat trying to be Mark King, which you certainly weren't), The keyboards went wrong, with samples firing in the wrong places, which not good for a band that is reliant on keys to their sound. They soldiered on and Al Fritsch tried his best and was very pro about it all, but all was lost, especially Mark Mangold, who exited stage right at one stage. Again I have seen them before back in the early 90's and they put on a good show (with a different bass player) so put this one down to a bad day and a useless twat on bass. ;)

Seen quite a few bad bands over the years but these stand out as the worst ones.

Poison - I've mentioned many times before as to why, so I won't say anymore, apart from they were shockingly bad in all departments.

Jethro Tull - I like a few of their mid period tunes and the 'Broadsword And The Beast' album is stellar stuff, but live, they bored me (and everyone else it seemed) absolutely rigid for what seemed like an eternity.

Black Sabbath - 'Born Again' era at the Reading Festival '83 with Ian Gillan. No problems at all with either Black Sabbath or Gillan, as I love them both as bands, but Sabbath with Gillan fronting and Bev Bevan from ELO as drummer, was an absolute travesty - Tony Iommi doing 'Smoke On The Water' - Noooooooooooooooooooooooo Tony, Noooooooooooooooooo!! don't do it! ...errr to late.

Meat Loaf - Monsters Of Rock at Donington 1984. Don't mind a bit of Meat Loaf when the mood takes and I have seen him since do a good show, but this was the era when his voice was completely shot to pieces. Band was ok, but the whole thing was a big struggle for everyone, including the audience.

Drive She Said - Firefest 2009. Love this band on record, but to say they had an 'off day' was an understatement. The band was under rehearsed (and boy could you tell, Mr 'Funky' useless Bass player especially - word of advice, learn your fucking notes mate, instead of posing around like a twat trying to be Mark King, which you certainly weren't), The keyboards went wrong, with samples firing in the wrong places, which not good for a band that is reliant on keys to their sound. They soldiered on and Al Fritsch tried his best and was very pro about it all, but all was lost, especially Mark Mangold, who exited stage right at one stage. Again I have seen them before back in the early 90's and they put on a good show (with a different bass player) so put this one down to a bad day and a useless twat on bass. ;)

Motorhead - Hammy odeon 25 yr anniversary gig. TOO FUCKIN LOUD!

Oasis - Wembley Stadium. Zzzzzzzzzz

Drive She Said - FF (see Jez's comments - we looked at each other like WTF!)

Winger - FF.........a train wreck. Classic line 'who's been fucking with my shit'....as he cocked up yet another intro to a song! LOL. Thankfully the man has since redeemed himself with the awesome 'Karma'

Deep Purple - Cliffs Pavilion.......seriously Ian Gillan with short hair and wearing a hawaiian shirt is one of the saddest things ive seen.....how the mighty have fallen.

I would also add Rox Diamond at Firefest! Jesus that geyser was annoying the way he kept skipping 3 yards from the keyboards to the mike! Just ridiculous! Funny tho........

I saw THIRTY SECONDS TO MARS last night at Wembley Arena and - despite them making my favourite disc of 2009 - they really rate very highly on my list of "Worst Shows Ever". Firstly the support band sucked (Street Drum Corps), secondly Leto simply cannot hold a tune in the live arena, and thirdly he's a stupid arrogant dick. His on-stage prancing is embarrassing and their renditions of the best tunes from their new album ("Kings & Queens", "Hurricane", and the awesome "Closer To The Edge") were all appalling. He never took the time to introduce the other band members, who are kept well in-the-shade, and he also urged the whole standing crowd to push forward to "feel the love" which ended up in a lot of people (mainly girls) being dragged over the barrier at the front by security having passed-out. Has put a real dampener on my enjoyment of a great album, plus the tickets were £55 each!

Oh yeah one of the worst bands I have EVER seen ....

The Stereophonics....supporting Aeromith at the Toxic Twin Towers Ball at Wembley. Fuck me they were shite....and I have seen some crap but these guys ran up the flag an nailed it to the mast! If you look in the Oxford English dictionary under the word "crap" there's a picture of the band!