Top Ten Songs

JamesEagle

I've stuck to the criteria, 10 songs only in the AOR/Hard Rock genre....

HONEYMOON SUITE - Still Lovin' You

TREAT - Best of Me

EUROPE - Superstitious

DARE - Nothing Is Stronger Than Love

BROTHER FIRETRIBE - Wildest Dreams

ATTRACTION 65 - In Another Life

TOTO - Only the Children

WINGER - Without the Night

CLIF MAGNESS - Footprints in the Rain

STANGEWAYS - Everytime You Cry

Never heard of this fella before, so I just checked out a few samples. Not my usual taste, very soft, but I'm loving 'It's Only Love' and 'Footprints In The Rain', great songs. 'Jenny's Still In Love' isn't bad either. Another one for the list...

Yes a very good Westcoast album....if that's your thang.

Might as well have a go at this. Surely the list can change from day to day, but I think a lot of these would stay in my top ten any day.

Def Leppard - Pour some Sugar on Me

Steelheart - Everybody Loves Eileen

Dare - We Don't Need a Reason

Tyketto - Wings

Slamer - Not in Love

Skid Row - I Remember You

Mötley Crüe - Wildside

The Storm - Fight for the Right

Wig Wam - In My Dreams

Danger Danger - Bang Bang

Not my top 10 by any stretch of the imagination (too hard to pick anything less than 500 hahah!), but here's 10 AORy songs I could just do with listening to right now...but can't coz I'm at work !

Van Stephenson - The Cure Will Kill You

Toy Matinee - Things She Said

Spys - Into the Night

Breathless - The Hardest Part of Loving You

Red Rider - White Hot

Jimmy Martin - Kids of the Rockin' Nation

Streetheart - Sad Affair

Rio - Atlantic Radio

Frozen Ghost - Soldiers Cry

Vision Fields - Tranquility Base

:bowdown:

Good song, but I have to admit I was surprised to see it on Tim's list. I thought you weren't a fan of this band, mate? To me, good song as it is, I thought it was the weakest of the 3 main "power ballads" on Winger's first 3 discs. IMO:

1. 'Spell I'm under'

2. 'Miles away'

3. 'Without the night'

Big House - L.A.

I'd put that cd in my top 20 all time faves so anyone who can feature a Big House song in their top 25 is the shit! :drink:

While it's not my fav song or album I did like that one a lot back in the day and played the heck out of the cassette I had.

:bowdown:

Good song, but I have to admit I was surprised to see it on Tim's list. I thought you weren't a fan of this band, mate? To me, good song as it is, I thought it was the weakest of the 3 main "power ballads" on Winger's first 3 discs. IMO:

1. 'Spell I'm under'

2. 'Miles away'

3. 'Without the night'

I do like WINGER. I liked "In the Heart..." and "Pull" (and the new one is pretty good too). I'd definitely rate "Without The Night" way above those others though, in fact I like "Who's The One" more than "Spell I'm Under" (from "Pull"). "Miles Away" is just a standard/cheesy 80's ballad that years & years of seeing on albums of SOFT ROCK BALLADS has dulled the impact of. "Without the Night" is their best ever song IMHO.

in fact I like "Who's The One" more than "Spell I'm Under" (from "Pull").

'Who's the one' is nice, gentle little tune, but you just made me vomit. ;)

Hey Without the Night was in my top 10 first!!! you guys need to direct your comments as to why I have it in my top 10 and not say like?? 91 Suite - Down To You? well that's a good question, and the answer would be, because that song wasnt playing in my head that day, so it is today, so I'll add it to my updated top 10 list!!

91 Suite - Down To You

Alien - Brave New Love

Fake I.D. - Heartbreak Moon

Updated: Thank You

91 Suite - Down To You

Great band, but my fave of theirs is "Hopes & Dreams" from the (superior) 2nd album IMO....

Cvello - Long Vacation

Hunter - Start It Up, Western Girls, Rain

Fee Waybill - I Could Have Been Somebody

Tubes - Talk To Ya Later

Roxus - My Way

RTZ - Someday

Blonz - Hands Of Love

Survivor - Is This Love

Valentine - Naughty Girl

Vision - I Am Your Fool

Bad English - Straight To Your Heart

Danny Spanos - Hot Cherry

Wow this is nearly impossible for me

SIMPLE MAN - LYNYRD SKYNYRD

It is impossible for me and can't be done but if I did, this one would be a good chance to be included :tumbsup:

I simply update my list every 2 days, im wierd though, I go through these things were I get fixated on one band, for like a week straight I can listen to no one else, then just like that! Its gone??

Wow this is nearly impossible for me

SIMPLE MAN - LYNYRD SKYNYRD

It is impossible for me and can't be done but if I did, this one would be a good chance to be included :tumbsup:

Some of you seem to be having trouble with this, which is perfectly understandable. I suppose one way to look at it would be like 'Desert Island Discs'. Maybe the question would be better phrased as, "If you could only have one CDR from all of your favourite AOR/hard rock songs (e.g. 20 tracks, for argument's sake) what would they be?"

It might take me forever to come up with a list. It's nearly impossible for me to pick 10 of my favorite bands. In many cases it is hard enough for me to pick a favorite song by an artist.

I do have a top song of all time and it has held that position for 30 years now:

The RUNAWAYS - "Waitin' For The Night"

I started another thread because it is easier for me to answer... :bananamac:

Favorite Songs by Band in the "General Music Section"

The list changes all the time but here are my current top ten favorites:

Steelhouse Lane - Surrender

White Sister - Don't Say That You're Mine

Angel - The Fortune

Journey - Don't Stop Believin'

Streets - Broken Glass

UFO - Love To Love

Thin Lizzy - Black Rose

Y&T - Forever

Tesla - Too Late 4 Love

Dio - Rainbow In The Dark

• 2 weeks later...

What? Nobody listed Spinal Tap's Hell Hole.

I'll also list a few unknown and known songs (with a metal edge) I like from bands others have posted.

John Waite - These Times Are Hard For Lovers

Ratt - Lovin' You's A Dirty Job

The Storm - I've Got A Lot To Learn About Love

Bad English - Straight To Your Heart (my favorite of theirs)

Honeymoon Suite - New Girl Now

John Parr - Naughty, Naughty (my favorite of his)

Corey Hart - Lamp At Midnight

The Tubes - Mr. Hate (for the headbanger in all of us)

What? Nobody listed Spinal Tap's Hell Hole.

I'll also list a few unknown and known songs (with a metal edge) I like from bands others have posted.

John Waite - These Times Are Hard For Lovers

Ratt - Lovin' You's A Dirty Job

The Storm - I've Got A Lot To Learn About Love

Bad English - Straight To Your Heart (my favorite of theirs)

Honeymoon Suite - New Girl Now

John Parr - Naughty, Naughty (my favorite of his)

Corey Hart - Lamp At Midnight

The Tubes - Mr. Hate (for the headbanger in all of us)

Nice list!

The Tubes

Mr. Hate

Attack Of The Fifty Foot Women

Talk To Ya Later

Fantastic Dillusion

No Not Again

Piece By Peice

Say Hey!

Power Tools

Wild Women Of Wongo

Anything By The Tubes, or Fee Waybill!