*New* Masterplan album "Time To Be King"

KING

:guitbannana:

New MASTERPLAN album "TIME TO BE KING

"

MASTERPLAN have just reunited with original singer Jorn Lande and also finished the recordings for their new album "Time To Be King", that will be released on April 16th. For March you can expect the release of a single to preceed the album.

Posted on 10 Feb 2010

:beerbang:

• 2 weeks later...

Jorn kicks ass. The Spirit Never Dies is still one of my fave tracks!

What was MK2 like? I never picked it up.

Did anyone else besides me pick up the Tears of Anger CD? Not bad initially but has no longevity.

Did anyone else besides me pick up the Tears of Anger CD? Not bad initially but has no longevity.

The MKII with Mike Dimeo was awesome IMO, but then again I'm a huge Riot fan so I might be biased. Seriously though it's a damn good album with some great melodic moments.

What is the Tears of Anger cd?

The MKII with Mike Dimeo was awesome IMO, but then again I'm a huge Riot fan so I might be biased. Seriously though it's a damn good album with some great melodic moments.

Are you a fan of the original RIOT line up with Guy Speranza ? Fire Down Under is in my all time top 10 rock albums of all time. After Speranza left, the band was just ok imo.

I agree with everyone here as I love almost everything Jorn has done. What a voice!! :headbanger:

Are you a fan of the original RIOT line up with Guy Speranza ? Fire Down Under is in my all time top 10 rock albums of all time. After Speranza left, the band was just ok imo.

I'm a big fan of all the lineups. I got into the band during the Dimeo years but went back and bought all of the old stuff. 'Fire Down Under' is awesome and so is most of their discs IMO. All four singers/lineups all had a different style so they kind of had four different sounds throughout the years.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The production sounds great and musically it's awesome but this disc doesn't have the songs that the previous 3 had IMO. It has gotten better since the first spin but it's still their worst album IMO. To bad they couldn't of taken more time and had more quality control and cut out some of the filler. My fav songs are "Fiddle of Time", "Time to Be King", "Far From the End of the World", "Sun is in your Hands", "The Dark Road" and "The Black One". "Under the Moon" is good but not great as is "Blow Your Winds". "Lonely Winds of War" and "Blue Europa" are without a doubt fillers and the lyrics for "Blue Europa" aren't very good at all IMO. There are some good songs on here but even the best songs aren't anywhere near as good as the best songs on the first two Jorn fronted Masterplan discs.

i think the lyrics to "Blue Europa" are killer. The song is basically "Crystal Night Part II". The only thing i dont care for about the song is the double kick drum power metal thing.

my faves on it are;

under the moon

the sun is in your hands

the dark road

fiddle of time

time to be king

the only song on it i skip and feel is complete filler is the boring "blow your winds", what a lame song.

This kind of stuff isn't my usual thing, but I have not minded the previous discs... I have a promo of the last disc still sitting there at home. Whilst I couldn't tell you any songs off it, it's a good, solid listen throughout. This one, however, did not gel with me at all. I just didn't enjoy any of the songs and was aching to skip pretty much each one of them. I'm glad to see Wes' post and that it's not just me... but this does sound pretty far below average to me I hate to say. :(

This kind of stuff isn't my usual thing, but I have not minded the previous discs... I have a promo of the last disc still sitting there at home. Whilst I couldn't tell you any songs off it, it's a good, solid listen throughout. This one, however, did not gel with me at all. I just didn't enjoy any of the songs and was aching to skip pretty much each one of them. I'm glad to see Wes' post and that it's not just me... but this does sound pretty far below average to me I hate to say. :(

Well the last one with Dimeo on vocals actually had many great songs where this one does not IMO.

Everyone else is being pretty kind here, but I'll get to the point. This sucks. The overall standard of songwriting is miserably weak, and even the better songs are nowhere near as good as previous album high-points. MK2 was way better than this, and it's only the vocals IMO that save this from total disaster. Where are the hooks? Sure this opens pretty well with four decent tunes (including the excellent single "...Edge of the World"), but then once you've survived the tiresome "Lonely Winds of War" there's barely a single other hook or decent melody on the album. This is the worst album that Jorn has ever sung on IMO and he should very quickly ditch this bunch of talentless musos and ply his trade elsewhere. Crap.

• 6 months later...