Crown Of Thorns

7th Heaven

Bombay Black

Friday Night Acoustic Show (VIP Ticket Holders) -

Alias

Rob Lamothe

Mecca

Rock Sugar

Its much weaker now WET and Eclipse have pulled out.

Reckon Terry could be pretty good with Valentine, but it wont be the same as with Hugo.

& James, I still reckon FF line up is stronger with Dare, Saraya, Pretty Maids, Strangeways etc.

Id love to see Farcry though! & D2 and Y&T always put on a great show.

:headbanger:

http://www.melodicrockfest.com/

Saturday -

Y&T

Danger Danger

Eden's Curse

Terry Brock w/Valentine

Rock Sugar

Eclipse

Talon

Far Cry

Sunday -

Winger

W.E.T.

Ted Poley w/Vic Rivera (solo show)

Jimi Jamison

Kevin Chalfant

Crown Of Thorns

7th Heaven

Bombay Black

Alias

Rob Lamothe

Mecca

Rock Sugar

Reckon Terry could be pretty good with Valentine, but it wont be the same as with Hugo.

& James, I still reckon FF line up is stronger with Dare, Saraya, Pretty Maids, Strangeways etc.

Another case of 'different strokes' this one. I don't like Saraya, Dare are just okay and it would be a shame to see Bonfire and not see them play anything off 'Point Blank' (nothing wrong with 'Fire Works', but 'Point Blank' is one of my favourite albums). As for day two, I don't like Nelson or Jimi Jamison at all and would probably leave before they came on, so it would be a complete waste of money. On the other hand, Y&T, Danger Danger and Talon on the same day would be worth the admission for me.

:headbanger:

http://www.melodicrockfest.com/

Saturday -

Y&T

Danger Danger

Eden's Curse

Terry Brock w/Valentine

Rock Sugar

Eclipse

Talon

Far Cry

Sunday -

Winger

W.E.T.

Ted Poley w/Vic Rivera (solo show)

Jimi Jamison

Kevin Chalfant

Crown Of Thorns

7th Heaven

Bombay Black

Alias

Rob Lamothe

Mecca

Rock Sugar

Another case of 'different strokes' this one. I don't like Saraya, Dare are just okay and it would be a shame to see Bonfire and not see them play anything off 'Point Blank' (nothing wrong with 'Fire Works', but 'Point Blank' is one of my favourite albums). As for day two, I don't like Nelson or Jimi Jamison at all and would probably leave before they came on, so it would be a complete waste of money. On the other hand, Y&T, Danger Danger and Talon on the same day would be worth the admission for me.

I see your point, but then ive seen D2 at least 3 times and Y&T. I think ive seen Talon as well?? Must have been really memorable ;-)

Whereas there's a lot on at FF which ive never seen...Beggars & Thieves, Bangalore Choir, Strangeways, Jimi, Nelson, Newman, Pretty Maids etc etc. Appeals to me far more.

MELODIC ROCK FEST 2 HITS CHICAGO APRIL 30-MAY 2

FEATURES HEADLINE SETS FROM Y&T, WINGER, DANGER DANGER AND TRIXTER AT ELGIN’S ROADHOUSE VENUE

SUPPORT FROM PRIDE OF LIONS, EDEN’S CURSE, CROWN OF THORNS, TERRY BROCK, JIMI JAMISON, TED POLEY & ROCK SUGAR

Some of the biggest and best names in Melodic Rock will once again gather for the biggest party of the year when MELODICROCKFEST 2 comes to Chicago for the weekend of April 30 - May 2.

Heading to the newly opened ROADHOUSE venue in the Chicago suburb of Elgin, MelodicRockFest 2 is the second major concert event organized by the popular hard rock website MelodicRock.com.

MelodicRock.com’s first show in October 2007 was held in South Bend and featured an audience made up of fans from 8 countries and 34 US states. And now its Chicago’s turn!

Spread over two full days (Saturday May 1 and Sunday May 2); with an additional VIP ticket holder night on Friday April 30; the event will feature 20 bands and additional special guests in a display of classic melodic and hard rock music.

SATURDAY MAY 1 –

Saturday’s show will be headlined by San Francisco hard rock legends Y&T. The band will be taking a break from the studio, preparing the release of their new studio album due mid-year to rock Chicago.

DANGER DANGER is one of the most popular hard rock acts to come out of the late 80s and in 2009 the band delivered one of the genre’s best new albums.

They’ll be playing all their biggest hits and some new tracks too.

PRIDE OF LIONS needs no introduction – featuring Chicago’s favourite rock legend Jim Peterik (ex-Survivor, Ideas Of March, World Stage) and vocalist Toby Hitchcock, plus members of the World Stage band, Pride Of Lions will appear for one of their rare live appearances.

EDEN’S CURSE features members from 4 different countries, but they will converge on the USA for the very first time to perform the best tracks from two acclaimed albums and maybe even preview the upcoming third opus. And they’ll record and film the set for a DVD release!

TERRY BROCK has been in the business for 20 years and is the current lead vocalist for much loved AOR act Giant and classic rock band Le Roux. But Terry has a solo career also and in his feature set, he will cover all the favourites and perhaps a surprise or two. His backing band will be popular New York melodic rockers Valentine.

ROCK SUGAR might just be one of the most talked about bands of the weekend. Their unique take on twisting songs into each other, or ‘mashing them’ together will have everyone talking. Fast becoming a YouTube sensation with their Metallica/Journey mash-up, these guys are going to rock the house.

US rockers TALON are another band bubbling under and will debut their new vocalist and film a live DVD at the same time.

Opening the day is FARCRY – a band with the attitude of any stadium act of the 80s.

SUNDAY MAY 2 –

Headlining Day 2 of MelodicRockFest is multi-platinum rockers WINGER. Famed for their musical prowess and fresh off a European tour, the band are supporting the release of their latest hard rock masterpiece Karma.

For the first time in 14 years, acclaimed NJ rockers TRIXTER will return to the mid-west to perform a true greatest hits set as they continue the tour that commemorates the 20th Anniversary of their debut album.

Pulling double duty for the show is Danger Danger frontman TED POLEY.

Ted will do his own set, concentrating on some D2 rarities and solo material, plus tunes from his Poley/Rivera release. Ted will be joined by guitarist Vic Rivera and band.

JIMI JAMISON (ex-Survivor) returns from a guest appearance that brought the house down at MRF1 to perform a solo set of new solo tracks and some much loved Survivor classics. Who knows what guests might join him on stage.

VOICES OF ROCK RADIO are just that. Kevin Chalfant (The Storm, Two Fires) and Derek St. Holmes (Ted Nugent) and the Two Fires Band perform their best known hits before inviting former Survivor vocalist Jimi Jamison to join the fun.

CROWN OF THORNS, featuring Jean Beauvoir and Tommy Lafferty will play a rare US soil live show in support of their latest studio album and a catalogue of much loved tunes that go back to the Paul Stanley (Kiss) produced debut album.

No Chicago based show would be complete without local legends 7TH HEAVEN – the hardest working band in the Midwest and recently featured on American Idol.

Opening up Day 2 is melodic hard rockers BOMBAY BLACK, a heavy duty live act that will get the day off to a thunderous start.

FRIDAY APRIL 30 –

The Friday VIP Meet & Greet night is open to VIP ticket holders and will feature some acoustic performances from more melodic rock stars.

Headlining the night will be a rare special 30 minute set from ALIAS, featuring vocalist Freddy Curci and guitarist Steve DeMarchi.

Chicagoland rockers MECCA made an immediate impact with their debut album in 2000, but has never played live – until now. This will be a very special set not to be missed.

ROCK SUGAR couldn’t help but get involved again and will warm up for Saturday with some acoustic tracks.

And joining us again from MRF1 is US melodic rock band GOODBYE THRILL, who might just ignore the acoustic night premise to deliver some rocking tunes.

A number of the weekend guests will be on hand to meet and greet fans and sign autographs and share a drink or two.

Tickets for this very special only event are on sale now.

Purchase tickets online at the festival website: www.melodicrockfest.com or call Revolution Tickets for credit card phone sales on 312-675-8025.

About MelodicRock.com: The website is run by Australian based journalist Andrew McNeice and first made its debut in the first week of January 1997.

Since that time it has become one of the most respected and leading websites in the world, taking in 42 million hits and currently services 275,000 unique users per month.

Merchandise from MelodicRock.com and the participating artists will be on sale throughout the day as will a major CD Vendor with many current and recent titles to purchase.

Full show information can be found at: www.melodicrockfest.com.

The event hotel for MRF2 is the Holiday Inn in Elgin. Discount rates are available by logging on to the event website.

For additional information regarding MELODIC ROCK FEST 2 show, please contact Andrew McNeice on +61 403 922016 or E-mail: ajm@melodicrock.com.

All artists are available for interviews to promote the event.

SELECT YOUTUBE LINKS:

Y&T

Danger Danger

Pride Of Lions http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQQoRC5f3A8

Eden's Curse

Rock Sugar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKeA3-n27t8

Winger

Trixter

Jimi Jamison http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=suYuuGBLsKQ

Voices Of Rock Radio http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzk950FmSXo

Crown Of Thorns http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUVQ-fcVVe8

Alias http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmha53sjb-I

• 3 weeks later...

Got my tickets today! :party421:

Amped up for this one alright.

I see LA Guns are playing Friday night at the Penny Road Pub in South Barrington with 3 other openers (none of which are Danger Danger). And with Ted Poley confirmed for the meet and greet VIP event Friday, safe to assume the LA Guns/D2 gig at Portage Theater fell through. Oh well. Just means D2 will be ready to blow the roof off the Roadhouse on Saturday night.

...and then Y&T tears down the walls right after them.

Can. Not. Wait.

Got my tickets today! :party421:

Amped up for this one alright.

I see LA Guns are playing Friday night at the Penny Road Pub in South Barrington with 3 other openers (none of which are Danger Danger). And with Ted Poley confirmed for the meet and greet VIP event Friday, safe to assume the LA Guns/D2 gig at Portage Theater fell through. Oh well. Just means D2 will be ready to blow the roof off the Roadhouse on Saturday night.

...and then Y&T tears down the walls right after them.

Can. Not. Wait.

Me neither, from a fan, and from a performer's perspective, this one's gonna rock! :banger:

• 3 weeks later...

I cannot make this and was disappointed to miss it.

Now I recently read on the Edens Curse website they are playing this festival. Now I am even more envious of all of you that are attending. Edens Curse has become one of my favorite newer bands...simply brilliant melodic hard rock IMO. Who knows when they will be back in the US. They are working on their new album this summer so maybe they will be at some US festivals next year. Anyway, they are a kick ass edition to the already kick ass line up.