Firefest 7

Glen

Well I'm sure Bangalore Choir as as awesome as you say. But my point being that each previous FIREFEST line-up has literally been like your ultimate/dream AOR/MHR line-up one killer band after the other, so we've become a bit spoilt. This year contains 2 bands I've never even heard of (B.Choir and Beggars & Thieves), 1 band I've never heard a single song from (Lynch Mob) and another band who were famous for having a hot vocalist and not much else (Saraya). Of the rest then the biggest bands are split over the 2 days (Dare, Bonfire, Nelson, Strangeways) making it tough to see them all, and the others are largely 2nd division acts.

A good bill IMHO, but well short of previous years and a real shame it's split over 2 days....

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm sure Bangalore Choir as as awesome as you say. But my point being that each previous FIREFEST line-up has literally been like your ultimate/dream AOR/MHR line-up one killer band after the other, so we've become a bit spoilt. This year contains 2 bands I've never even heard of (B.Choir and Beggars & Thieves), 1 band I've never heard a single song from (Lynch Mob) and another band who were famous for having a hot vocalist and not much else (Saraya). Of the rest then the biggest bands are split over the 2 days (Dare, Bonfire, Nelson, Strangeways) making it tough to see them all, and the others are largely 2nd division acts.

A good bill IMHO, but well short of previous years and a real shame it's split over 2 days....

I agree with you that it should be one day. 2 days is just too much more my old limbs LOL!

2 bands youve never heard of - Bangalore Choir & Beggars & Thieves. Wow mate you need those 2 debuts, The B&T's debut is totally excellent as well!

& Saraya.....famous for having a hot vocalist?? True, she is hot, but what about the 10-15 KILLER songs contained on those 2 albums as well??

& Saraya.....famous for having a hot vocalist?? True, she is hot, but what about the 10-15 KILLER songs contained on those 2 albums as well??

Not getting them confused with VIXEN are you?

errr. no.

Here is my list of the killer tracks -

Debut -

Love Has Taken Its Toll

Healing Touch

One Night Away

Runnin Out Of Time

Back To The Bullet

WTBS

Hitchin a Ride

When You See Me Again

Tear Down The Wall

Seducer

When The Blackbird Sings

In The Shade Of The Sun

White Highway

That will do for the set list :headbanger:

Sandi Saraya, I could of quite happily buttered her muffin :tumbsup:

errr. no.

Debut -

Love Has Taken Its Toll

Healing Touch

One Night Away

Runnin Out Of Time

Back To The Bullet

WTBS

Hitchin a Ride

When You See Me Again

Tear Down The Wall

Seducer

When The Blackbird Sings

In The Shade Of The Sun

White Highway

Never liked what I heard by Saraya much and they are both quite expensive to buy now I think. Might have to give them one last chance though...

Definitely not going to Firefest now, Ratt are playing London in July - that'll do me!

errr. no.

Debut -

Love Has Taken Its Toll

Healing Touch

One Night Away

Runnin Out Of Time

Back To The Bullet

WTBS

Hitchin a Ride

When You See Me Again

Tear Down The Wall

Seducer

When The Blackbird Sings

In The Shade Of The Sun

White Highway

Never liked what I heard by Saraya much and they are both quite expensive to buy now I think. Might have to give them one last chance though...

Definitely not going to Firefest now, Ratt are playing London in July - that'll do me!

Ratt!! I for one have never got the whole big Ratt thing

Ratt!! I for one have never got the whole big Ratt thing

Shame, I really like them, loads of great songs in the back catalogue imo.

Also thinking about seeing Warrior Soul in April...

Mate, not sure what you're trying to say here. To me, this says "Firefest is awesome but I, Tim (2) suck." :lol: Seriously, if you haven't bothered to check out killer bands like Bangalore Choir or Lynch Mob it's no one's fault but your own. To the majority of rock fans they are part of a killer line-up. And add Saraya to that list too. If you can't dig amazing melodic rock like 'Healing touch' and 'When you see me again' it's certainly not the fault of the line-up designers. It's just that you suck. ;):lol:

Also, @ Geoff.......'Freight Train Rollin', a blatant filler??! I love that track LOL! OK, hasnt got a big hook, but the verses and solo are immense.

Yeah mate, I take back that statement. Listened to the CD again this morning and I loved that tune, AND even 'Doin' the dance' has a pretty mean chorus. Awesome guitarwork all over this CD - love the sound.

Mate, not sure what you're trying to say here. To me, this says "Firefest is awesome but I, Tim (2) suck." :lol: Seriously, if you haven't bothered to check out killer bands like Bangalore Choir or Lynch Mob it's no one's fault but your own. To the majority of rock fans they are part of a killer line-up. And add Saraya to that list too. If you can't dig amazing melodic rock like 'Healing touch' and 'When you see me again' it's certainly not the fault of the line-up designers. It's just that you suck. ;):lol:

Also, @ Geoff.......'Freight Train Rollin', a blatant filler??! I love that track LOL! OK, hasnt got a big hook, but the verses and solo are immense.

Yeah mate, I take back that statement. Listened to the CD again this morning and I loved that tune, AND even 'Doin' the dance' has a pretty mean chorus. Awesome guitarwork all over this CD - love the sound.

I think that 'Doin The Dance' track is a BJ penned tune?? Not bad but not one of the stronger tracks.

Overall tho an awesome disc.

Lets just hope they can bring some of that awesomeness to the new album due this year!

Well the reason I haven't checked out bands like Lynch Mob is the same reason you haven't checked out bands like CATTLE DECAPITATION. Cos you don't need to hear any music to know you're gonna hate them, right? The fact that Lynch Mob contain ex-Dokken members, and regularly get labelled as bluesy/sleezy Hard Rock means I have zero reason to check them out whatsoever.

A good bill this might be. But a dream Melodic Rock line-up (as in past years) this is most definitely not...

Well the reason I haven't checked out bands like Lynch Mob is the same reason you haven't checked out bands like CATTLE DECAPITATION. Cos you don't need to hear any music to know you're gonna hate them, right? The fact that Lynch Mob contain ex-Dokken members, and regularly get labelled as bluesy/sleezy Hard Rock means I have zero reason to check them out whatsoever.

A good bill this might be. But a dream Melodic Rock line-up (as in past years) this is most definitely not...

Granted its a not a 'dream' line up, but its very likely the best thing you'll see all year......that's reason enough for me. Opportunuties to see bands like these is very few and far between and to have 5 or 6 killer bands on the same bill on the same day, to some is pretty dream-like.

PS : Have you got 'Cattle Decapitation'........pleeeeease tell they are are a real band! Classic title.

PS : Have you got 'Cattle Decapitation'........pleeeeease tell they are are a real band! Classic title.

They do indeed exist and have done several albums including, 'Humanure'. Clever.

(BTW, believe it or not, they are vegetarians!)

They do indeed exist and have done several albums including, 'Humanure'. Clever.

Yeah, they're Deathcore and they suck donkey (enter name of any form of cattle) balls. Still, doubt they're any worse than Lynch Mob?

Yeah, they're Deathcore and they suck donkey (enter name of any form of cattle) balls. Still, doubt they're any worse than Lynch Mob?

Ha, 'Humanure' I love it.

Lynch Mob........yeah funny band. Great debut.....but last years effort was a bit lame eh.

Still another one cross off the list of having seen.

Cant be worse than some of the other so called 'headliners' at FF??!

HOL.........ok but James Christian was pretty painful....injured back or no injured back

Winger.....LOL

FM...........last year they were ok, but talk about safe as houses. bored the pants off me if im honest

Firehouse.......Strewth......I thought it was the geyser from Cannon & Ball on vocals! LOL.

I thought they were more of a grind band. I don't like grind or deathcore anyway, so they do nothing for me. The original (ultimately banned) cover for 'Humanure' was great though, a cow shitting out a man. Really gross. For those whose curiosity gets the better of them: Humanure cover

Wow, I've just read it... the mighty Saraya is on the stage again? That's incredible! Too bad that I'm far from England and don't have much chance to see them now... :angry: At least there is a little hope for a new album, isnt it? Hm, this news made my day... :drink:

I'M pretty sure many people aren't going to FF because Bangalore Choir is on the bill. I hope you people going aren't expecting to much as this band wasn't that good live many years ago. I would imagine it cost the festival next to nothing to have Bangalore Choir on the bill therefore it makes perfect business sense for them to be there.

I'M pretty sure many people aren't going to FF because Bangalore Choir is on the bill. I hope you people going aren't expecting to much as this band wasn't that good live many years ago. I would imagine it cost the festival next to nothing to have Bangalore Choir on the bill therefore it makes perfect business sense for them to be there.

Mate, you obviously know nothing about Firefest, cos it costs next to nothing to have ANY of the bands on the bill.

You try organising a two day festival of 14 bands, inc fees, flights hotels etc for £110,000.

Many of bands play for next to nothing.

As far as I am aware, the reason they are playing is because they have re-formed and are in the process of recording a new album. Nothing more nothing less.

As previously stated - they cant be much worse than some of the other abominations that have graced the FF stage.

I have seen some awesome bands at FF over the years, but there have been some shockers too and some of them are the headliners! LOL.

I dont think that people will boycott FF just because Bangalore choir are playing the Sat, 3rd on the bill.

Earlybird tickets (a quarter of the ticket allocation) have virtually sold out already - in one week!

Cheers

I'M pretty sure many people aren't going to FF because Bangalore Choir is on the bill.

Damn right there LV ;)

Well Saturday is definitely not on for me now anyway, as we've have a gig just come in. Sunday is looking OK'ish at the moment.

I'M pretty sure many people aren't going to FF because Bangalore Choir is on the bill.

Damn right there LV ;)

For a change, Geoff seems to be the only one talking sense in this thread ;-)) LOL.

Damn right there LV ;)

Well Saturday is definitely not on for me now anyway, as we've have a gig just come in. Sunday is looking OK'ish at the moment.

Me too, for Sunday....