Firefest 7

Glen

From Kieran on Firefests Facebook-page:

FIREFEST 7 ANNOUNCMENT : www.arfm.co.uk Saturday Feb 20th on the Steve Price show between 6pm and 9 pm UK(gmt) time.

A full TWO DAY event at Rock City Nottingham , dates, times and line up will all be revelead on Steve's show as well as some very special offers for those attending and a few VERY EXCITING surprises in s......tore for everyone who loves melodic hard rock!!!!!!

Cheers

K

:headbanger:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if anyone has read that WEIRD thread over at Melrock, but someone commented on Strangeways reforming and in some sort of confusion it was leaked that they are playing Firefest!

Yes my friends STRANGEWAYS.......original line up!

I dont give a shit who else is playing.......IM THERE!

Cheers

I won't be able to tune in on 20th Feb - please could someone post a summary on here after (or during) the show? Very interested to see who's playing.

For those who have been to Firefest before, presumably you can get tickets for a single day?

I won't be able to tune in on 20th Feb - please could someone post a summary on here after (or during) the show? Very interested to see who's playing.

For those who have been to Firefest before, presumably you can get tickets for a single day?

Yes you can......and very reasonable too. Normally about £45 for about 7 bands.

Man I would love to see them play, the original line-up too. Honestly I'm going to have to get my shit together and head over to one of these melodic rock festivals next year.

Yeah not only that, but with them re-forming there might be a chance of a new album as well??

Lets hope..........

If Strangeways are there, I'm there. end of. Brilliant news if true :tumbsup:

Well it was Bruce Mee who leaked it, so Im guessing its 99% true.

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet.

Was Brock in the original line-up? To be honest I only really got into them with the "Walk In The Fire" album (one of the best ever in the AOR genre), but would love to see them play live. Assume the new GIANT line-up won't be doing any gigs then?

Was Brock in the original line-up? To be honest I only really got into them with the "Walk In The Fire" album (one of the best ever in the AOR genre), but would love to see them play live. Assume the new GIANT line-up won't be doing any gigs then?

Brock was supposedly the original choice but was busy with another band so the band enlisted the talents of Tony Liddle who's got a stack of solo albums very much in the 80's AOR style out, one was recently reissued through Target records Germany.

Brock was supposedly the original choice but was busy with another band so the band enlisted the talents of Tony Liddle who's got a stack of solo albums very much in the 80's AOR style out, one was recently reissued through Target records Germany.

The vibe I got was that it would be Brock fronting. Apparently Kieran has been campaigning for 3 years for them to play together.

We will see soon enough - the official announcement is only one week away!

The vibe I got was that it would be Brock fronting. Apparently Kieran has been campaigning for 3 years for them to play together.

Yes, Terry Brock's fronting. Strangeways have announced thier official reunion on facebook just a week ago with plans to release a new album which I am hoping is an albums of unreleased tracks from the first 3 albums instead of anything after as it gets real spacey kinda rock.

Yes, Terry Brock's fronting. Strangeways have announced thier official reunion on facebook just a week ago with plans to release a new album which I am hoping is an albums of unreleased tracks from the first 3 albums instead of anything after as it gets real spacey kinda rock.

Didnt realise they had anything after 'Walk In The Fire' ?? But yeah I agree - anything from those earlier years or maybe some new stuff in the same style.

So was the new Giant CD just a one off studio project for Brock?

he's got his fingers in far too many fires IMO.

Strangeways, Giant, Slamer, solo....and I think he was linked to Valentine as well? wow.

By the way guys.......

Firefest announcement is tomorrow evening on ARFM 6-9pm. Cant wait!

Strangeways, Giant, Slamer, solo....and I think he was linked to Valentine as well? wow.

By the way guys.......

So we begin the countdown as it's already saturday here in melbourne Australia :beerbang:

What a year this is turning out to be for Terry, hopefully he'll be fronting for Valentine in the studio aswell but I heard Steve Augeri is.

By the way guys.......

So we begin the countdown as it's already saturday here in melbourne Australia :beerbang:

What a year this is turning out to be for Terry, hopefully he'll be fronting for Valentine in the studio aswell but I heard Steve Augeri is.

Yeah not sure on the Valentine thing so youre most probably right!

Looks like the dates for FF might be 30/31st Oct. Might cause a few probs for those with kids if it clashes with Haloween.....im not too fussed, but i know my bro might prefer to spend that weekend with his kids...we'll see.

Cheers

Well, its an awesome line up as usual - starting with headliners

Saturday -

Lynch Mob

Dare (anniversary performance of Out Of The Silence only! :bowdown: )

Bonfire (exclusively playing the whole of Fireworks :bowdown: )

Saraya (original line-up........ex keys of course) :bowdown:

Bangalor Choir (playing On Target only!)

Beggars & Thieves

Grand Illusion

Sunday -

Nelson

Jimi Jamison

Pretty Maids

Strangeways :bowdown:

Stage Dolls

Steve Newman

Grand Design

Pretty amazing.

Saturday for me is a complete wet dream of a line up.

Sunday is awesome too, but the logistics of Monday being a school day might be too much for me and my bro. Having said that I do like all the bands and to see Strangeways would be awesome. We'll see.

Let me know whos up for either day.

Cheers

Sunday is more up my street, with Pretty Maids, Strangeways and Stage Dolls, but Nelson headlining is a bit of a downer. Would love to see Bonfire, so I'm really not sure whether to go for this at all.

:unsure:

Sunday is more up my street, with Pretty Maids, Strangeways and Stage Dolls, but Nelson headlining is a bit of a downer. Would love to see Bonfire, so I'm really not sure whether to go for this at all.

:unsure:

The thing is Saturday is just awesome. Saraya is just a wet dream.......literally. I saw them way back in the day and they were awesome and those 2 albums are still big favs of mine.

The only reason I would see Dare again would be if they played the whole of 'Out Of The Silence'......and that's exactly what they are doing!

Bangalore Choir doing the whole of On Target is great - just love that album!

Bonfire doing the whole of Fireworks in awesome as well. great great album!

I'd love to do Sunday as the top 4 are all great, but the whole logistics of the Monday being a school day, might just make it too difficult....I'd love to see Pretty Maids, but they are one of those bands whose set list could either be totally awesome or right dodgy depending on what tracks they picked......a bit like PC69, I was soooooo stoked about seeing them live but man did they play a shite set!

Also, I remember a couple of years back when Firefest was a whole two day event, cos it was supposed to be the final one....the second day (as great as it was) was a bit like Groundhog Day! The thought of marring the weekend again like that doesnt sit too well.

So at the moment I might just do the Saturday with my bro and call it a day.....as much as that hurts me to say. We'll see.

Cheers

Well, its an awesome line up as usual - starting with headliners

Saturday -

Lynch Mob

Beggars & Thieves

Grand Illusion

Sunday -

Nelson

Jimi Jamison

Pretty Maids

Stage Dolls

Steve Newman

Grand Design

Pretty amazing.

Saturday for me is a complete wet dream of a line up.

Sunday is awesome too, but the logistics of Monday being a school day might be too much for me and my bro. Having said that I do like all the bands and to see Strangeways would be awesome. We'll see.

Let me know whos up for either day.

Cheers

This is an incredible line up!

I'm looking to see each of the bands very much!

Strangways, Saraya & Bangalor Choir being the icing on the cake! :beerbang:

Bar Strangeways, Stage Dolls, Newman and Saraya, a bit disapointing for me. Have seen Bonfire three times, Dare I lost interest in a while back and the others on Saturday I am not bothered about at all to be honest. May go on the Sunday, as that is the much better day.

Bar Strangeways, Stage Dolls, Newman and Saraya, a bit disapointing for me. Have seen Bonfire three times, Dare I lost interest in a while back and the others on Saturday I am not bothered about at all to be honest. May go on the Sunday, as that is the much better day.

Really surprised you think Saturday is weak.

OK, im not overly fussed about the headliners, but the middle 5 acts will all be superb.

I lost interest in Dare too to be honest, but the prospect of them playing the whole of 'Out Of The Silence' is just awesome.....esp as DW said live on ARFM that they intend to beef it up with more guitars.....right up my street.

Also, with Bonfire...yeah Ive seen them twice, but its Fireworks in the entirity.......v nice. Excellent album, so you know there will be no filler.

Same applies with Bangalore Choir, I pretty much love the whole of 'On Target'.

Doubt I'll make Sunday for the reasons stated, but for me its definitely the weaker day. That Grand Design album did nothing for me. Newman is 50% killer, 50% filler, so again his setlist could be well dodge...........Stage Dolls..Zzzzzzz. Strangeways will no doubt be excellent and i'd love to see them..........Pretty Maids....if they played the set list id like they would be awesome, but we all know they wont. The 2 top acts are v nice and a big draw.

Cheers

Pretty Maids

Stage Dolls

Steve Newman

Grand Design

F*ck I hate you guys. :lol:

James, or anyone in that part of the world for that matter, if you don't go to see this I will make it my life's ambition to come over there and beat you with my fists. ;)

Oh, and BTW, Valentine without Hugo? WTF? When did this all happen? You guys are all talking about it like it's old news... I've never heard anything about it. I want to say it shouldn't happen, but hey, the last album sucked so maybe it's a good thing?

Doubt I'll make Sunday for the reasons stated, but for me its definitely the weaker day. That Grand Design album did nothing for me. Newman is 50% killer, 50% filler, so again his setlist could be well dodge...........Stage Dolls..Zzzzzzz. Strangeways will no doubt be excellent and i'd love to see them..........Pretty Maids....if they played the set list id like they would be awesome, but we all know they wont. The 2 top acts are v nice and a big draw.

Man you guys take this kind of shit for granted. :lol: I wish they moved the festival to somewhere where it would be appreciated! Then we'd see how much you had to complain about it. Sydney. What, did someone say Sydney? Sure, move it here! :lol:

I don't care if you've seen Bonfire and Dare every day of your lives... when the f*ck are you going to get to see them perform those two albums like that?! And like Glen says, that Bangalore Choir set is pretty much a gift from Jesus himself. "Stage Dolls... Zzzzz"?! Are you f*cking insane?!

Seriously hate you guys. ;):lol: Next thing I'll see you're given $1,000,000 reward for posting on the forum and you'll complain it's not enough money and you wanted more.