STORY OF THE YEAR "The Constant"

TIM (2)

You guys have gone completely mad. But ultimately that other disc is hardly Modern Rock anyway so is a different genre entirely, and I highly doubt that there will be a better Modern Rock disc than this in 2010 (there sure as hell wasn't in 2009)....

Tim mate, I agree with you 100%. I still doubt though that SOTY is gonna have a chance of impacting on the potential top 10 MHR come year end.

Yeah, I agree that the year in MHR is shaping up to be something special, possibly the best since around 1990-1992 and there will be no place for this... but I'm also hoping for something special in modern rock to come along and really blow me away. There are a lot of bands I haven't heard from in a while like A Change of Pace and Just Surrender for example, which I hope provide something great. So far Lifehouse is the 2nd best modern rock CD I've heard this year and whilst it's a surprisingly good CD, it's not a good sign. :lol:

Just Surrender have a new song on their myspace although its not that great to be honest.

Isnt Hinder due a newie this year??

Stop it.

well mate, since we've established that you dislike 80's hard rock its hardly surprising you dont like Hinder :whistle:

I think this is what I tried to explain at the time. The only connection between Hinder and Modern Rock is the production, otherwise they're not much different to a bunch of other 80's Hard Rock bands IMO. Which is why I never liked them!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys have gone completely mad. But ultimately that other disc is hardly Modern Rock anyway so is a different genre entirely, and I highly doubt that there will be a better Modern Rock disc than this in 2010 (there sure as hell wasn't in 2009)....

Tim mate, I agree with you 100%. I still doubt though that SOTY is gonna have a chance of impacting on the potential top 10 MHR come year end.

Yeah, I agree that the year in MHR is shaping up to be something special, possibly the best since around 1990-1992 and there will be no place for this... but I'm also hoping for something special in modern rock to come along and really blow me away. There are a lot of bands I haven't heard from in a while like A Change of Pace and Just Surrender for example, which I hope provide something great. So far Lifehouse is the 2nd best modern rock CD I've heard this year and whilst it's a surprisingly good CD, it's not a good sign. :lol:

Just Surrender have a new song on their myspace although its not that great to be honest.

Isnt Hinder due a newie this year??

Thanks for the tip. Not the best song they ever recorded, but I like the new Just Surrender song. Sounds like it could have come right off 'If these streets could talk'.

As for Hinder, I hope dearly they do have a new CD due this year! I guess it's already that time, hey? Man I'd love that.

• 1 month later...

After lovin' to death The Black Swan and really liking the new one The Constant, I decided to pick up Page Avenue a few days ago for 4$ at a pawn shop. FUCK ME!!!! These guys were always fuckin' brilliant. Hands down the best modern band of the decade. I really need to get In The Wake Of Determnation.

After lovin' to death The Black Swan and really liking the new one The Constant, I decided to pick up Page Avenue a few days ago for 4$ at a pawn shop. FUCK ME!!!! These guys were always fuckin' brilliant. Hands down the best modern band of the decade. I really need to get In The Wake Of Determnation.

I like "In the Wake..." much more than "Page Avenue" - it's more aggressive. To be honest I never really play "Page Avenue" all that much...

I like "In the Wake..." much more than "Page Avenue" - it's more aggressive. To be honest I never really play "Page Avenue" all that much...

In The Wake destroys Page Avenue

I still think 'In the wake of determination' is their best album.

Goddamit!!! Now that's peer pressure!!!! Now I've really, really got get my hands on In The Wake...

I still think Page Avenue is damn good for a debut and from way back in 2003 when Alterna-Rap was still in.

Goddamit!!! Now that's peer pressure!!!! Now I've really, really got get my hands on In The Wake...

I still think Page Avenue is damn good for a debut and from way back in 2003 when Alterna-Rap was still in.

Wait til you hear 'Taste The Poison'.....still my fav SOTY song. I was painting when i first heard it and I almost dropped the fucking paintbrush its so awesome. When it kicks. ohmigod.

Also the killer duo of 'March Of The Dead' and 'Pay Your Enemy' are awesome and arguably as heavy as they have been. Totally kick arse!

My fave tune on that disc is the last one: "'Is This My Fate' he asked them?". KILLER song IMO and right up there with "One Threw Ate" as their best 'heavy' tune, with a monster breakdown...