STORY OF THE YEAR "The Constant"

TIM (2)

Not sure anyone's been talking about this one - from my absolute fave band in Modern Rock. Should be another great one.

Tracklist is below....

1. The Children Sing

2. The Ghost Of You And I

3. I'm Alive

4. To The Burial

5. The Dream Is Over

6. Remember A Time

7. Holding On To You

8. Won Threw Ate

9. Ten Years Down

10. Time Goes On

11. Eye For An Eye

12. Your Unsung Friend (Digital Bonus Track)

13. Tonight We Fall (Digital Bonus Track)

You can also get it for £7.99 from here....

http://www.play.com/Music/CD/-/16/40/-/134...earchtype=genre

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a steal.

My anticipation of this album is massive.

I love the 2 singles on you tube and if the rest of the album is as strong it will a strong contender for modern rock album of 2010.

I hope the digital bonus tracks are rubbish.

I hope the digital bonus tracks are rubbish.

LOL.

I will actually be getting a physical copy of this.

& Crazy Lixx, HEAT, Treat.

BUT........for the record. I hope that there are a load of killer bonus tracks. Just to make it even better!

Cheers

Can't wait for this!!! I wish there was a likewise nice international pre-order too and I'd snap it up. Based on song titles alone, some nice melodic rock-sounding titles like 'The Ghost Of You And I, 'The Dream Is Over', 'Remember A Time' and 'Holding On To You'. I really am dying to hear this thing.

OK then boys and girls, whos heard it then??

I must admit that during the first track I was kind of a bit worried as its a bit average actually....esp when you compare how killer the first track was on 'The Black Swan'.

But then the next 4 tracks are all great including the 2 we,ve already heard. Esp 'The Dream Is Over' which is totally killer.

Then track 6 was kind of average with a strange melody. So 2 fillers out of 6..............the last 5 had better be good.

Verdict - ALL KILLER! All 5 closing tracks are KILLER. Total Black Swan awesomeness....ballads and rockers.

Yes, the bar has been set for modern rock in 2010.

& 2 digital tracks still to be heard. Nice.

Oh and pre-order has been put in :-))

Yeah, I've heard it and I dig it. As I said in the 'First spins' thread it's pretty much on par with 'The Black Swan' and could almost be a second part to that album. Could almost do a track by track but there's a couple I can't remember.

1. The Children Sing ; I actually really dig this song, even with the children vocals. Nice, almost haunting tune... but still a rocker. Yeah, I dig it. Typical SOTY.

2. The Ghost Of You And I ; great, again typical SOTY rocker.

3. I'm Alive ; we've all heard this one - good stuff.

4. To The Burial ; again, what you expect from SOTY - good, solid stuff.

'Holding On To You' would be my favourite song on the CD so far. Really love that one. The last few tracks are great too, and I actually especially like a couple of heavier tracks with some screams towards the end.

I also agree 'Remember A Time' was a bit out of place and not a fave at all, but it's the only minor stumble. The rest is great. As you say, best modern rock CD of the year... but on the other hand I think it's the only good one so far. :lol:;)

Yeah, I've heard it and I dig it. As I said in the 'First spins' thread it's pretty much on par with 'The Black Swan' and could almost be a second part to that album. Could almost do a track by track but there's a couple I can't remember.

1. The Children Sing ; I actually really dig this song, even with the children vocals. Nice, almost haunting tune... but still a rocker. Yeah, I dig it. Typical SOTY.

2. The Ghost Of You And I ; great, again typical SOTY rocker.

3. I'm Alive ; we've all heard this one - good stuff.

4. To The Burial ; again, what you expect from SOTY - good, solid stuff.

'Holding On To You' would be my favourite song on the CD so far. Really love that one. The last few tracks are great too, and I actually especially like a couple of heavier tracks with some screams towards the end.

I also agree 'Remember A Time' was a bit out of place and not a fave at all, but it's the only minor stumble. The rest is great. As you say, best modern rock CD of the year... but on the other hand I think it's the only good one so far. :lol:;)

Actually just listened to that track again and its not bad.....maybe a grower.

The songs which stood out for me (as usual the rockers) were 'The Dream Is Over' and the duo of 'Ten Years Down' and 'Time Goes On' which as you say are like carbon copy numbers from the Black Swan....which is just great by me.

Lets hope the 2 digital tracks are both excellent too.

Cheers

Yeah, looking forward to the 2 extra songs too. Just out of curiosity, guys, what are your faves in the SOTY discography? I put 'Wake of Determination' at number 1 followed evenly by this and 'Black Swan' which I think will be pretty much on par, and then the debut. But just curious - you guys like 'The Black Swan' better than 'Wake of Determination', hey?

Mmm, its a tough choice between Black Swan and In The Wake.....I love both. But BS by a whisker.

Paige is a distant 3rd.

Onlt time will tell where The Contsnat sits.

Cheers

Samples of all tracks can be heard here

As usual the 2 bonus tracks sound essential......so its the deluxe version for me :-))

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Constant-Delux...42&sr=301-4

Nice. I was under the impression those 2 extra songs would be digital only. I'll definitely pick up the deluxe edition too then. Don't even need to hear the tracks to know it'll be worthwhile.

I definitely think "The Black Swan" is their best disc, quite easily. The tracks I've heard from the new disc are killer, "I'm Alive" is awesome and one of the best things they've written, and "To The Burial" is equally great - hopefully there are more heavy tunes on the disc...

I definitely think "The Black Swan" is their best disc, quite easily. The tracks I've heard from the new disc are killer, "I'm Alive" is awesome and one of the best things they've written, and "To The Burial" is equally great - hopefully there are more heavy tunes on the disc...

Two tracks on the second half are brutal.

The best tracks though are the melodic rockers like 'The Dream Is Over' and there are 3 or 4 of them which are excellent.

The ballad 'Holding On To You' is also excellent and one of their best IMO.

Great album.

Brilliant track. I thought he said 'Into the waves again I go, Holding on to you' which is what I'll sing to myself for eternity but apprently he says 'Into the ways again I go, Holding on to you.' lol. Either way, love it.

I agree the melodic rockers are the best but the heavier tracks are definitely a necessary treat on the disc. They used to be the norm for this band and they were always awesome... they're a dying breed these days but still kick a whole heap of ass. SOTY is one of the few bands that actually sound totally awesome even in their screaming tracks.

Brilliant track. I thought he said 'Into the waves again I go, Holding on to you' which is what I'll sing to myself for eternity but apprently he says 'Into the ways again I go, Holding on to you.' lol. Either way, love it.

I agree the melodic rockers are the best but the heavier tracks are definitely a necessary treat on the disc. They used to be the norm for this band and they were always awesome... they're a dying breed these days but still kick a whole heap of ass. SOTY is one of the few bands that actually sound totally awesome even in their screaming tracks.

Backed 100% - Even 'Eye For An Eye' manages to sound awesome....even tho its just a kick arse scream fest :-))

I think this album has placed SOTY as my fav modern rock band, and its gonna take something pretty special to topple it from No 1 spot .

PS, I thought he said 'Waves' too. ways is shitty and i think i'll ignore that too lol

Backed 100% - Even 'Eye For An Eye' manages to sound awesome....even tho its just a kick arse scream fest :-))

I think this album has placed SOTY as my fav modern rock band, and its gonna take something pretty special to topple it from No 1 spot .

PS, I thought he said 'Waves' too. ways is shitty and i think i'll ignore that too lol

:lol: I'm definitely going to double-check it on the album when I get it... hope it has lyrics in the book. I swear he says waves. :lol:

If you can just stop talking about this one until I get it, that would be great. :P

My view on this one is below (leaving off the bonus tracks which aren't on the standard album). This is a great disc from beginning to end with no hint of a filler. The only reason I'd rate it behind "The Black Swan" is that it just lacks one big stand-out track as I'd probably rate "I'm Alive", "The Ghost of You & I", and "Time Goes On" all as joint 'best-song' winners. That said, frankly this is effortlessly the best Modern Rock disc since "The Black Swan" and has re-invigorated my interest in the genre - which was waving after a whole batch of average releases in 2009. Great band & killer disc....

1. The Children Sing - Strong opener. Strange to hear a kids choir but it works well.

2. The Ghost Of You And I - Great anthemic tune, very typical SOTY track and a killer

3. I'm Alive - Lush melodic tune with a great chorus. A big highlight for me & awesome songwriting

4. To The Burial - Heavy/punky song that slows down for the chanty-chorus. Great stuff & a bit different for them

5. The Dream Is Over - Up-tempo tune with another great chorus

6. Remember A Time - Slower song with an unusual melody, but works brilliantly.

7. Holding On To You - Good ballad with nice piano/keys and strong verses. Not a fave as the chorus isn't killer, but overall it's nice

8. Won Threw Ate - Heaviest song & a storming change of pace. Love it.

9. Ten Years Down - Perfect timing for another strong anthemic tune with a monster chorus. Huge.

10. Time Goes On - Even better anthemic Modern Rock. Truly great chorus & hook, one of their best ever songs

11. Eye For An Eye - Ultra aggressive way to end. Punky, heavy, bruising tune but still retains the melody/chorus

My view on this one is below (leaving off the bonus tracks which aren't on the standard album). This is a great disc from beginning to end with no hint of a filler. The only reason I'd rate it behind "The Black Swan" is that it just lacks one big stand-out track as I'd probably rate "I'm Alive", "The Ghost of You & I", and "Time Goes On" all as joint 'best-song' winners. That said, frankly this is effortlessly the best Modern Rock disc since "The Black Swan" and has re-invigorated my interest in the genre - which was waving after a whole batch of average releases in 2009. Great band & killer disc....

1. The Children Sing - Strong opener. Strange to hear a kids choir but it works well.

2. The Ghost Of You And I - Great anthemic tune, very typical SOTY track and a killer

3. I'm Alive - Lush melodic tune with a great chorus. A big highlight for me & awesome songwriting

4. To The Burial - Heavy/punky song that slows down for the chanty-chorus. Great stuff & a bit different for them

7. Holding On To You - Good ballad with nice piano/keys and strong verses. Not a fave as the chorus isn't killer, but overall it's nice

9. Ten Years Down - Perfect timing for another strong anthemic tune with a monster chorus. Huge.

10. Time Goes On - Even better anthemic Modern Rock. Truly great chorus & hook, one of their best ever songs

11. Eye For An Eye - Ultra aggressive way to end. Punky, heavy, bruising tune but still retains the melody/chorus

Pretty much agree with this comments, esp 'Remember A Time' which has really grown on me.

My only slight difference would be that I love 'Holding On To You' and i think its got a killer chorus. One of the albums best tracks IMO.

Cheers

Pretty much agree with this comments, esp 'Remember A Time' which has really grown on me.

My only slight difference would be that I love 'Holding On To You' and i think its got a killer chorus. One of the albums best tracks IMO.

Cheers

Backed. 'Holding onto you' has about the album's biggest hook / strongest chorus. I swear Tim just types stuff to be difficult sometimes. :lol:

Anyway, we can all agree on one thing and that is that's a killer disc.