Kiss - Then She Kissed Me(WTF?)

heaven&hell

I'm a huge Kiss fan(probably my fav band ever along with Maiden) and the "Love Gun" album is one of my favs from them and was the first one I ever bought but I've always wondered the what the fuck they were thinking when they recorded this damn song. I know it's a cover and they changed the "He" to "She" but still it's just plain horrible and not sure why a heavy rock band would want to record this damn song in the first place. I know "Kissin' Time" was recorded for a contest and wasn't supposed to be on the issue of the first album but the label did that but I don't know if they have an excuse for this tune.

Any thoughts on this?

I have no idea other than they were smoking and drinking some good sh*t at the time....

KISS has never had good luck with cover tunes. ("God Gave Rock N Roll To You" anyone? Mmm, nah, didn't think so). In those days, KISS didn't take a sh*t unless Bill Aucoin (their manager) told'em to, so it was probably his idea. Doubtlessly some half assed shot at getting radio play.

KISS has never had good luck with cover tunes. ("God Gave Rock N Roll To You" anyone? Mmm, nah, didn't think so). In those days, KISS didn't take a sh*t unless Bill Aucoin (their manager) told'em to, so it was probably his idea. Doubtlessly some half assed shot at getting radio play.

I'm sure your right(although I actually like GGRR2U) but when comparing "Whe She Kissed Me" to the rest of the album it's downright out of place. The heaviness(okay it's not very heavy now but it was then) of "Love Gun", "I Stole Your Love", "Almost Human" plus you had many other great tunes like "Shock Me", "Plaster Caster", "Tomorrow and Tonight" and "Christine Sixteeen". Really they could of just left the album at 9 songs and it would of been so much better for it IMO.

I'm sure your right(although I actually like GGRR2U) but when comparing "Whe She Kissed Me" to the rest of the album it's downright out of place. The heaviness(okay it's not very heavy now but it was then) of "Love Gun", "I Stole Your Love", "Almost Human" plus you had many other great tunes like "Shock Me", "Plaster Caster", "Tomorrow and Tonight" and "Christine Sixteeen". Really they could of just left the album at 9 songs and it would of been so much better for it IMO.

Wasn't "Any Way You Want It" off Alive II another remake? That was terrible as well.

Wasn't "Any Way You Want It" off Alive II another remake? That was terrible as well.

Yup another cover, but not near as bad as "Then She Kissed Me" or even "Kissin Time".

"Is That You" from Unmasked was also a cover I believe.

Not a cover but I used to hate "Great Expectations" from the Destroyer album.

Not a cover but I used to hate "Great Expectations" from the Destroyer album.

What a bad song! :tumbsup:

You know I didn't mind it as much in a live setting on the Symphony Live disc but yeah it's still a bad song and nothing near the masterpiece that Gene thinks it is.

"Great Expectations" is my least fave song on DESTROYER. It sticks out on that album like a turd on a birthday cake.

"Great Expectations" is my least fave song on DESTROYER. It sticks out on that album like a turd on a birthday cake.

To be honest "Sweet Pain" isn't much better and that's why with those two tunes I don't understand why so many people think that that's the best KISS album.

To be honest "Sweet Pain" isn't much better and that's why with those two tunes I don't understand why so many people think that that's the best KISS album.

Agreed. "Sweet Pain" > "Great Expectations" -- but not by much.

I personally prefer ROCK N ROLL OVER or LOVE GUN over DESTROYER but what the hell, I guess what with "Beth" being a hit single back in the day, DESTROYER was just the "right album at the right time" for them.

I personally prefer ROCK N ROLL OVER or LOVE GUN over DESTROYER but what the hell, I guess what with "Beth" being a hit single back in the day, DESTROYER was just the "right album at the right time" for them.

Well besides 'Beth' you also had 'Detroit Rock City', 'God of Thunder', 'Shout it Out Loud', 'King of the Nightime World' and 'Do You Love Me'. All of those tunes have remained in their live sets for years so I get the appeal of the album but those other two tunes are turds and agree that 'Rock N Roll Over' and 'Love Gun' are just as good but IMO the debut is the best of the 70's albums(of course throw 'Kissin Time' out) and 'Hotter Than Hell' is awesome to IMO. :headbanger:

Either way, I'll be honest, I kinda burnt myself out on DESTROYER while I was in high school. I don't need to play that album much anymore. I know every note and every lyric by heart.

Either way, I'll be honest, I kinda burnt myself out on DESTROYER while I was in high school. I don't need to play that album much anymore. I know every note and every lyric by heart.

I understand how that goes. I remember when I only had 10 or 15 cassettes and I lived in the country and had no cable TV I'd listen to the same thing over and over and read the lyrics and thank you lists(I was a real metal geek haha) and new every song lyric, guitar solo, huh, whoa and scream to every cassette I had at the time. The one I pretty much broke from playing to much was the Skid Row debut. Man I played the fuck out of that one.

Ooh, yeah, I had forgotten about that one. Yeah, that's pretty awful too :puke: ... that's a cover of a Dave Clark Five (!) song if I remember correctly.

Off the top of my head, of the few cover tunes KISS has done over the years the only one I ever really liked much was "2000 Man" (Rolling Stones)... cuz that's more an Ace song than a KISS song.

Even as big of a Ramones geek as I am, I wasn't crazy about their cover of "Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio" on the WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY Ramones tribute album.

Ooh, yeah, I had forgotten about that one. Yeah, that's pretty awful too :puke: ... that's a cover of a Dave Clark Five (!) song if I remember correctly.

Off the top of my head, of the few cover tunes KISS has done over the years the only one I ever really liked much was "2000 Man" (Rolling Stones)... cuz that's more an Ace song than a KISS song.

Even as big of a Ramones geek as I am, I wasn't crazy about their cover of "Do You Remember Rock N Roll Radio" on the WE'RE A HAPPY FAMILY Ramones tribute album.

Yup that DC5 cover was the lowpoint of Alive II but still not as bad as 'Then She Kissed Me'(was it hard for Paul to say "She" when he was wanting to sing "He"?). :rofl2:

Yup that DC5 cover was the lowpoint of Alive II but still not as bad as 'Then She Kissed Me'(was it hard for Paul to say "She" when he was wanting to sing "He"?). :rofl2:

*snicker* :D

Well besides 'Beth' you also had 'Detroit Rock City', 'God of Thunder', 'Shout it Out Loud', 'King of the Nightime World' and 'Do You Love Me'. All of those tunes have remained in their live sets for years so I get the appeal of the album but those other two tunes are turds and agree that 'Rock N Roll Over' and 'Love Gun' are just as good but IMO the debut is the best of the 70's albums(of course throw 'Kissin Time' out) and 'Hotter Than Hell' is awesome to IMO. :headbanger:

:agree: + Dressed to Kill :headbanger:

Don't know why, but I have always loved Sweet Pain.

I agree,cool song. :headbanger:

• 3 months later...

Backed!! :tumbsup:

They probably recorded "Then She Kissed Me" because they finally ran out of sexually related themes to sing about. It's sorta like those people who have reached the End of the Internet. :D

I agree,cool song. :headbanger:

I've always liked "Do You Love Me" on Destroyer. I didn't think Then She Kissed Me was that bad.