Don't get it!

JamesEagle

Got to add another one to this thread as I listened to it (several times) last week.

Petra - Beyond Belief

Lots of very positive comments on HH, but I thought it was terrible. The songwriting is really poor imo, no good tunes at all. And the Kiss rip off doesn't help either. I'm sure I'll get slated for this one, but I hate it.

:puke:

I'm with you there... I actually haven't found a Petra release I would even keep in my collection.

Bar a couple of clunkers, Petra's finest hour. 'Underground', 'Creed' ' Beyond Belief' 'Armed And Dangerous' and 'Love' - certainly nothing wrong with those tunes for starters. Not my fave band by a long way, but 'Beyond Belief' is a great disc for me.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to add another one to this thread as I listened to it (several times) last week.

Petra - Beyond Belief

Lots of very positive comments on HH, but I thought it was terrible. The songwriting is really poor imo, no good tunes at all. And the Kiss rip off doesn't help either. I'm sure I'll get slated for this one, but I hate it.

:puke:

I'm with you there... I actually haven't found a Petra release I would even keep in my collection.

Bar a couple of clunkers, Petra's finest hour. 'Underground', 'Creed' ' Beyond Belief' 'Armed And Dangerous' and 'Love' - certainly nothing wrong with those tunes for starters. Not my fave band by a long way, but 'Beyond Belief' is a great disc for me.

As I said in the comments section I haven't heard 'Unseen Power' yet but from what I have heard from these guys this is by far their best album. At first I thought that was a compliment, but this is really, really struggling to hold up to repeated listens. I still like the sound/style of the album but each time I spin it I fail even more to see the songs I actually thought I liked on it. As also noted in the comments thread, I think that lyrically these guys are the worst band I have ever heard in my life and I wouldn't be surprised to see this one (along with the other 4 Petra CDs I recently bought which are definitely there) on my next trade list.

Thought you might come back on this one Jez. Amazing how much opinions can differ, I hear nothing good in this and gave it 5/100! Ah well, I imagine you'd be similarly agitated by my beloved Bolt Thrower...

:D

Thought you might come back on this one Jez. Amazing how much opinions can differ, I hear nothing good in this and gave it 5/100! Ah well, I imagine you'd be similarly agitated by my beloved Bolt Thrower...

:D

Bolt Thrower - Ye gads man, you sure hate your music don't cha. Stop punishing your ears. ;)

Bolt Thrower - Ye gads man, you sure hate your music don't cha. Stop punishing your ears. ;)

:lol:

I do like to mix up my hard rock with a bit of death metal. Planning to see Bolt Thrower and Arch Enemy live on consecutive nights soon. And a couple of months later ... Ratt. Love it!