Don't get it!

JamesEagle

I don't "get" Dream Theater either. On paper they sound like something that should be right up my street but they bore me sh*tless.

Top man! Really pleased to see this - I find Dream Theater extremely boring, I'm sure they are great musicians, but listening to an album just isn't enjoyable for me. Had a couple of theirs based on reviews and found them very dull, won't make that mistake again.

But for me the most overrated album ever is 'Nevermind' by Nirvana. Voted best album ever by a magazine (Q?) at some point, but to me it is a tedious, repetitive album. Not relevant to this site, but fits the topic.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't "get" Dream Theater either. On paper they sound like something that should be right up my street but they bore me sh*tless.

Top man! Really pleased to see this - I find Dream Theater extremely boring, I'm sure they are great musicians, but listening to an album just isn't enjoyable for me. Had a couple of theirs based on reviews and found them very dull, won't make that mistake again.

But for me the most overrated album ever is 'Nevermind' by Nirvana. Voted best album ever by a magazine (Q?) at some point, but to me it is a tedious, repetitive album. Not relevant to this site, but fits the topic.

Dream Theater = THE best Prog metal band bar non (if you are into prog metal that is) but completely with ya on the Nirvana album though. :D

'Nevermind' is a great album. :anon:

:explode:

I can just about put up with 'Lithium', but all the other songs sound the same to me and the 2 hits ('Teen Spirit' and 'Come As You Are') are like fingernails on a blackboard to my ears.

Damn right it is! :guitar:

I agree....

I agree....

Just want to be clear. All you guys are agreeing that the Nirvana album called 'Nevermind' is a great album? Or is there another 'Nevermind' CD I don't know of?

I agree....

Just want to be clear. All you guys are agreeing that the Nirvana album called 'Nevermind' is a great album? Or is there another 'Nevermind' CD I don't know of?

That be the one, G. I know it's considered heresy by most to even hint at liking Nirvana on this board, but f**k it, I liked'em and that was a great album.

You also don't get Velvet Revolver either. :lol:

Me either,tried to get into them but did nothing for me.

I agree....

That be the one, G. I know it's considered heresy by most to even hint at liking Nirvana on this board, but f**k it, I liked'em and that was a great album.

I'm sure we all have our guilty pleasures (is there a thread on that? I'm sure there must be...) but personally I don't think there is a statement I could disagree with more than "Nevermind is a great album". Unless someone wants to post that they think Sarah Jessica Parker is attractive.

I agree....

I'm sure we all have our guilty pleasures (is there a thread on that? I'm sure there must be...) but personally I don't think there is a statement I could disagree with more than "Nevermind is a great album". Unless someone wants to post that they think Sarah Jessica Parker is attractive.

..Or Geoff isn't a rampant Homosexual:)

I agree....

I'm not sure I'd use the term 'great' either but I enjoyed a lot of Nirvana's music including 'Nevermind'....

I agree....

..Or Geoff isn't a rampant Homosexual:)

:lol: Backed on those last two.

Yeah, I got no qualms if you guys like the Nirvana CD... I just honestly wondered if we were all talking about the same CD. Can't say I'll ever be able to agree with y'all, though. ;)

I don't get Dream Theater either.. I mean sure their first, well second really, album "Images and Words" Is pretty good and the follow up "Awake" Has some decent tunes, but other then that I just don't get them....

And didn't you buy the first Bulletboys album back in College Man?? I got that on CD and it's still got some good tunes.. Anything after that though I never bothered with..... :whistle:

And didn't you buy the first Bulletboys album back in College Man?? I got that on CD and it's still got some good tunes.. Anything after that though I never bothered with..... :whistle:

Yes, shamefully enough I did buy the first BulletBoys album ... and immediately regretted it after one spin :puke: I was suckered in by that damn "Smooth Up" single (which turned out to be the only good song on that damn thing)...

Since then, I have stood by my conviction that the BulletBoys were for kids who were too young, or too dumb, to remember DLR era Van Halen.

Yeah, you heard it. Come on, all you BulletBoys fans, do yer worst, I got a crash helmet on, I can take it. :lol:

Yes, shamefully enough I did buy the first BulletBoys album ... and immediately regretted it after one spin :puke: I was suckered in by that damn "Smooth Up" single (which turned out to be the only good song on that damn thing)...

Since then, I have stood by my conviction that the BulletBoys were for kids who were too young, or too dumb, to remember DLR era Van Halen.

Yeah, you heard it. Come on, all you BulletBoys fans, do yer worst, I got a crash helmet on, I can take it. :lol:

Yes they were hugely influenced by DLR VH, including taking their label and producer, but that debut and Freakshow kicked serious ass IMO so I don't have a problem with the early BB's. Hell I even liked the ZAZA release but nothing since then. Marq Torien had a serious DLR thing going on but I actually preferred his voice to Roth's. Plus Marq was in RATT back in the day as a guitarist so I'll give him credit for not just being a singer but a musician. And for the record 'Smooth Up' wasn't even close to being the only good tune on the debut. "Kissin' Kitty", "Shoot the Preacher Down", "Badlands", "Hard as a Rock", "F#9", "For the Love of Money" and "Crank Me Up" all were awesome IMO. :headbanger:

Yes they were hugely influenced by DLR VH, including taking their label and producer, but that debut and Freakshow kicked serious ass IMO so I don't have a problem with the early BB's. Hell I even liked the ZAZA release but nothing since then. Marq Torien had a serious DLR thing going on but I actually preferred his voice to Roth's. Plus Marq was in RATT back in the day as a guitarist so I'll give him credit for not just being a singer but a musician. And for the record 'Smooth Up' wasn't even close to being the only good tune on the debut. "Kissin' Kitty", "Shoot the Preacher Down", "Badlands", "Hard as a Rock", "F#9", "For the Love of Money" and "Crank Me Up" all were awesome IMO. :headbanger:

Diff'rent strokes, mah brutha. After being suckered in on that first album I wasn't about to give those clowns any more of my $$ for the follow up albums. :lol:

Diff'rent strokes, mah brutha. After being suckered in on that first album I wasn't about to give those clowns any more of my $$ for the follow up albums. :lol:

First one has some real bright spots on it IMO, but I don't like anything that came after. :(

First one has some real bright spots on it IMO, but I don't like anything that came after. :(

I saw the video for the lead single off Freakshow, "THC Groove", but didn't love it at first but after giving the cassette(yes I said cassette) repeated plays I loved the thing minus a song or two. How awesome are "Thrill That Kills", "Ripping Me", "Good Girl", "Do Me Raw", "Say Your Prayers" and "Talk to Your Daughter"? I say they kicked ass but I might be alone. :unsure:

I say they kicked ass but I might be alone. :unsure:

Jarred/Mullethead would definitely agree with you, if he hadn't disappeared off the face of the Earth. Back in tha day, any time I busted on the BulletBoys he'd be right there within 30 seconds, cursing at me and shaking his little fist. It was so cute.

I saw the video for the lead single off Freakshow, "THC Groove", but didn't love it at first but after giving the cassette(yes I said cassette) repeated plays I loved the thing minus a song or two. How awesome are "Thrill That Kills", "Ripping Me", "Good Girl", "Do Me Raw", "Say Your Prayers" and "Talk to Your Daughter"? I say they kicked ass but I might be alone. :unsure:

'Good girl' kicks ass but I'll pass on the rest of the disc, whereas I really like 'ZaZa' a lot.

As for the debut, Van Halen could only ever dream of making songs that good. Yeah, I said it, and what's more is I meant it. ;) Killer debut and if Van Halen did ever record songs that good I may have been a fan.

I humbly submit:

Poison - Flesh & Blood

I remember this had really good reviews at the time, but did nothing for me. 'Life Goes On' is a really nice slow song, but the rest of it bored me to tears.

Couple of my mates are big Opeth fans and burnt some cdrs for me to check but just can't get into it. :( Has some good melody but the cookie monster vocals got too much in the end.

I love Mikael Akerfeldt's vocals! Not so keen on the softer Opeth tracks, but the heavy stuff rocks!!!

:banger: