Crashdiet - Generation Wild

Jeff

My take on this album is that its BETTER than the Crazy Lixx album. It's weird saying this as I feel the Loud Minority album is "flawless" IMO, and I was hoping for a HUGE follow up. While I don't hate the New Religion album, GW just destroys it. It is so much better. Perhaps its the new direction that CL took with the GW disk. It's not as much sleeze as I would like but it still kicks ass. Don't get me wrong, I love both but at different levels.

Hmmm, i dont quite get the whole GW 'destroying' New Religion. The new Crashdiet is good, but the songs arent as memorable as the new Crazy Lixx.

IMHO of course..........

I haven't listened to either one enough to decide which one I like better and won't have an actual copy of the Crashdiet until next week but I have heard it but I will say that the Crazy Lixx is just f@#king awesome IMO. I loved Loud Minority as well but the chorus' on New Religion are just HUGE. But being a big Crashdiet fan I'm sure I'm gonna love that disc too.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a tough choice for sure because either way they'll be 2 on 3 on my best of 2010 list at the moment, but I think I'd have to tip my hat in Crazy Lixx's direction too, just slightly over Crashdiet. Crazy Lixx just have a few more outright killer tracks, I think. Maybe a little more variety too? Either way, both CDs are fantastic and already create the best top 3 (with Treat) that I can think of for years.

BTW, I hate you Brits for getting the CD so freakin' cheap. ;):lol:

Yeah, I'm not really understanding why all the other Frontiers releases were/are available for pre-order at CDWOW and Chaos but this is yet to appear? What up with that?

3 spins in and this kicks MAJOR butt in all departments. Another disc I wouldn't have necessarily gone for, but sure as hell glad I did. Well impressed. :tumbsup:

3 spins in and this kicks MAJOR butt in all departments. Another disc I wouldn't have necessarily gone for, but sure as hell glad I did. Well impressed. :tumbsup:

Good innit....I had it on in the car yesterday, sun blazing, windows down and this blasting out..... perfect! Did you ever get Rest in Sleaze??

Good innit....I had it on in the car yesterday, sun blazing, windows down and this blasting out..... perfect! Did you ever get Rest in Sleaze??

If not Jez, you need it. great album!

If not Jez, you need it. great album!

That oversight has now been fixed and one is winging it's way to me as we speak. ;)

Really - I am so surprised at how good 'Generation Wild' is.

After a quite a few lsitens and time for this great album to sink in, here's my thoughts:

Favourite Tracks:

Chemical - starts off a bit shakey but blows me a way by the end

Beautiful Pain - an absolute classic. it's dark, emotional, full of angst ... i love it

Down With The Dust - my favourite out-and-out rocker on the album

Native Nature - Agressive and powerful. Seb Bach... eat your heart out!

Least Favourite:

Rebel - it's just a little too simple. no "meat" in it.

Save Her - initially this was my least favourite, but it's growing on me

Others:

Bound To Fall - a great surprise after it didn't do much for me live, the album verison is sensational

Armageddon - brilliant ballsy start to the album

Generation Wild - maybe i over listened to this one wiht the SRM cd single...

Save Her - initially this was my least favourite, but it's growing on me

I know what u mean about this one mate! I was of a similar frame of mind, it's a grower for sure....it'll probably be our fave track off the album come the end of the year hahaha!

Ha, it was in the mail today as I hoped. I am ripping it to the PC as I type this, then I will load it over the the Ipod for my long drive to Nebraska for turkey hunting.

One initial comment is that I really liked popping the disc off the tray and seeing the "We love you Dave" and the picture. That caught my eye right away and I think it is cool.

Then of course I pop the front insert out and it flips open the band pic and I am being flipped off. Classic. :tumbsup:

Ha, it was in the mail today as I hoped. I am ripping it to the PC as I type this, then I will load it over the the Ipod for my long drive to Nebraska for turkey hunting.

One initial comment is that I really liked popping the disc off the tray and seeing the "We love you Dave" and the picture. That caught my eye right away and I think it is cool.

Then of course I pop the front insert out and it flips open the band pic and I am being flipped off. Classic. :tumbsup:

I got my copy today as well and I agree that the Dave tribute was classy.

I've given it one good spin and it kicks ass just like I knew it would. :headbanger:

I got my copy today as well and I agree that the Dave tribute was classy.

I've given it one good spin and it kicks ass just like I knew it would. :headbanger:

I want to crank it up on the PC 'cause the wife is out of town but the neighbors invited me over for dinner at 5p!!! :doh:

Ahhh, they are great neighbors, luv 'em to death, but I'll just try to explain to them (a retired couple) how I need to leave right after I eat so I can go listen to my new Crashdiet cd. "your new what?" :D

Finished spinning this one today. I didn't care for "Armageddon" and "Rebel", but the rest of the album was pretty kickin'. A must for the sleaze metal fan and kudos to the boys for still rockin' out the anthems after album 3.

Two people now not too keen on 'Rebel'? Wow, that's crazy. To each their own, but songs like that are why I got into hard rock music in the first place, and why I get an erection and why I wake up in the morning. I haven't been decapitated as often by one song as I have by this on in a long time!

Oh, and as I said in my first post, 'Save her' is still my favourite track on the disc. So you suck, Nick and Lindsay. ;) But in awesome ways that make me want to cuddle you both.

Two people now not too keen on 'Rebel'? Wow, that's crazy. To each their own, but songs like that are why I got into hard rock music in the first place, and why I get an erection and why I wake up in the morning. I haven't been decapitated as often by one song as I have by this on in a long time!

Oh, and as I said in my first post, 'Save her' is still my favourite track on the disc. So you suck, Nick and Lindsay. ;) But in awesome ways that make me want to cuddle you both.

I like both of those tunes to. :drink:

I like both of those tunes to. :drink:

yeah me too, but i can kind of understand why someone might not like 'Rebel' so much as the chorus is a bit throwaway??

Okay I absolutely love this cd. While it's sleazy it seems to show a whole lot of growth just as the 'Unnatractive Revolution' did. It seems like we've got 3 different sounding bands with the 3 different Crashdiet releases and that's cool in my book. So far I'd say my fav song on the new release is "Armegeddon". Other top favs are "Generation Wild", "So Alive", "Save Her"(I love to see a video release for this as this should be a hit IMO), "Down With the Dust", "Beautiful Pain"(this is a great song), "Native Nature". There isn't one tune I dislike at all I even love "Rebel". :headbanger:

"So Alive"

The second verse, starting "Tick tock..." is about the best moment in music I've heard this year.

After getting this in the mail last Tuesday it has been the only thing I have listened to since.

Honestly, if I had done a "First Spin Impression" I would have said something like "a few really good tunes and the most are decent or average". But after finally getting some good listens to this without distraction, I love it, great disc, start to finish! #1 of 2010 so far in my book.

My favorites:

So Alive - "I'm on my way, never awake in the light of day, I'm on my way, in the dark let's play", I can't resist songs with lyrics like that

Save Her - Somewhere in between a ballad and a rocker this a great song with a great sing along chorus.

Chemical - this starts as just a good song, has you humming along, tapping your foot, until the 2nd chorus finishes...then it just leaps to a whole new mind blowing kick ass level.

Native Nature - this is the song with some nasty attitude. I like it.

The good:

Armageddon - good rockin' start to the disc after the "concert crowd" 442 opening.

Generation Wild

Down With The Dust

Bound To Fall

Beautiful Pain - If I had to pick a least favorite track it would be this one only because of the chorus words. I love everything about the song except those words "beautiful pain". There are some phrases in songs that just turn me off and for some reason the phrase "beautful pain" is one of those phrases. I get over that though and this is still a good song. Great guitar intro.

Rebel - I agree with Glen as he puts it best above, it has a "throwaway chorus". Still a good rockin' song though.

The forgettable:

None; I can play this beginning to end without wanting to skip a song

The questionable:

How could they not put "Caught In Despair" on this release? It was a download from their website in 2009 as a demo song for Generation Wild. It is on their myspace page, check it out. It would be my favorite tune off this release...if it was on there.

The debatable:

This release has attitude but doesn't have a really high level of the nasty attitude. Native Nature has it, So Alive touches the surface. The rest, not so much. It is missing the well placed f-bombs and motherf*ckers in some "angry" songs. Not that this is a bad thing when the songs are so good, I'm just saying. I try to imagine if I handed insert centerfold photograph of the band to someone who knew music but didn't know a Crashdiet song. They would probably guess the songs are all loud and profanity laced. Your thoughts?

Finally I got my hands on a copy of this - wow!!! I wasn't really much of a Crashdiet fan before now but this disc kicks ass. Reminds me so much of the debut Skid Row but also reminds me of later day Skid Row (ie Thickskin) at times as well.

I like every track. Wasn't too keen on the opener but the title track is awesome.

Favorite tracks:

1. Generation Wild

2. Save Her

3. Rebel

Finally I got my hands on a copy of this - wow!!! I wasn't really much of a Crashdiet fan before now but this disc kicks ass. Reminds me so much of the debut Skid Row but also reminds me of later day Skid Row (ie Thickskin) at times as well.

esp 'Native Nature'....more Skid Row than Skid Row !