Crashdiet - Generation Wild

Jeff

Listened to this yesterday...all I have to say is THEIR BACK!!!! Killer disc not a filler on it. "Generation Wild" is probably one of the best songs they've done so far. Yes I am pleased they didn't let me down this time.

Amazing that we both like the CD yet the only track I don't like is the one you name as one of their best. I think the title track is the worst song on the CD by some distance, but a couple of people on here have named it as a standout. Strange, but at least we all like the album.

Realllllllly...well at least we both agree that it is a kick ass disc.

To me the weakest track, which is hard to find on such a killer release, would probably be Rebel.

that has the weakest chorus.....that and Native Nature has the weakest chorus, but awesome verses.

killer album.

still wanna hear the 'sick mind' bonus.....

I don't mind the 'Rebel' chorus, but I definitely agree 'Native Nature' has the weakest chorus on the CD... luckily it's got the best verses on the album, imo.

Would love to hear the bonus track too - the Crazy Lixx one was good and the Treat one was one of the best songs from the whole CD... would love to hear how this one matches up. :)

Whilst the chorus to 'Native Nature' could have been better, it is still one of the best tracks on the album.

A kick arse mofo of a song. Man those riffs. Could have been lifted of either of Skid Row's first 2 albums.

You can hear a 45 sec snippet of 'Sick Mind' at CD Japan. Sounds like another winner.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to this yesterday...all I have to say is THEIR BACK!!!! Killer disc not a filler on it. "Generation Wild" is probably one of the best songs they've done so far. Yes I am pleased they didn't let me down this time.

Amazing that we both like the CD yet the only track I don't like is the one you name as one of their best. I think the title track is the worst song on the CD by some distance, but a couple of people on here have named it as a standout. Strange, but at least we all like the album.

Realllllllly...well at least we both agree that it is a kick ass disc.

To me the weakest track, which is hard to find on such a killer release, would probably be Rebel.

that has the weakest chorus.....that and Native Nature has the weakest chorus, but awesome verses.

killer album.

still wanna hear the 'sick mind' bonus.....

I don't mind the 'Rebel' chorus, but I definitely agree 'Native Nature' has the weakest chorus on the CD... luckily it's got the best verses on the album, imo.

Would love to hear the bonus track too - the Crazy Lixx one was good and the Treat one was one of the best songs from the whole CD... would love to hear how this one matches up. :)

Whilst the chorus to 'Native Nature' could have been better, it is still one of the best tracks on the album.

A kick arse mofo of a song. Man those riffs. Could have been lifted of either of Skid Row's first 2 albums.

You can hear a 45 sec snippet of 'Sick Mind' at CD Japan. Sounds like another winner.

Native Nature would probably be my next pick for weakest song, you guys are right, not much of a chorus, yet the rockin' verses make up for that. Very Skid Row'ish. My wife always says that the track Generation Wild reminds her of Youth Gone Wild from Skid Row.

• 5 months later...

I splurged and ordered the Japan release. I really like the bonus track "Sick Mind".

I am going to order the Parasite City Japan release as well since they sent me a good coupon when I ordered Generation Wild. Which reminds me I was going to make a post in the "Deals" thread...so I shall do that now.

I splurged and ordered the Japan release. I really like the bonus track "Sick Mind".

I am going to order the Parasite City Japan release as well since they sent me a good coupon when I ordered Generation Wild. Which reminds me I was going to make a post in the "Deals" thread...so I shall do that now.

So do you still sing Parasite City songs to strangers when you drink to much? :whistle:

So do you still sing Parasite City songs to strangers when you drink to much? :whistle:

LOL, well I think by that time of the weekend with the amount of beer, Long Island mix and sun we had, I didn't consider you or anyone else in that garage a stranger! :beerbang:

Yeah, for those not in the know, I'll summarize the what and the why...

Before DRF this year I was going off on this board how great the new Parasite City was. Wes commented that he was pretty lukewarm on it. Of course I'm appalled and it must have settled in the back of my mind to prove Wes how wrong he was. At some point a night or two into DRF (maybe Saturday night) we are in Evil Rick's garage and I get the idea that I can make Wes like the new CD by singing the entire "Seven Years" song to him. So off I go next to the Beer Barrow while Wes, with perhaps a look of dismay, kindly (or maybe not so kindly) let's me sing the whole song, at least I think I did the whole song. At the end of it I think I was staring at him like I was expecting him to say "Minstrel's Creed is now in my top 3 of 2010!" or something but instead he says something like, "I cannot believe you know every word and sang the entire song...to me." Shook his head, laughed a little and back to drinking. That's my recollection, maybe Wes has a different take. :tumbsup:

LOL, well I think by that time of the weekend with the amount of beer, Long Island mix and sun we had, I didn't consider you or anyone else in that garage a stranger! :beerbang:

Before DRF this year I was going off on this board how great the new Parasite City was. Wes commented that he was pretty lukewarm on it. Of course I'm appalled and it must have settled in the back of my mind to prove Wes how wrong he was. At some point a night or two into DRF (maybe Saturday night) we are in Evil Rick's garage and I get the idea that I can make Wes like the new CD by singing the entire "Seven Years" song to him. So off I go next to the Beer Barrow while Wes, with perhaps a look of dismay, kindly (or maybe not so kindly) let's me sing the whole song, at least I think I did the whole song. At the end of it I think I was staring at him like I was expecting him to say "Minstrel's Creed is now in my top 3 of 2010!" or something but instead he says something like, "I cannot believe you know every word and sang the entire song...to me." Shook his head, laughed a little and back to drinking. That's my recollection, maybe Wes has a different take. :tumbsup:

That about sums it up. :lol:

Yeah Sick Mind is a good track but I found it doesnt quite have the drive of the rest of the album.

Unlike the Crazy Lixx bonus 'Lights Out' which is an awesome track IMO

:lol: Maybe if you had David Reece sing it to him he would've become a fan... ;)

:lol: Maybe if you had David Reece sing it to him he would've become a fan... ;)

Yeah, so do you hate the CD even more now, Wes? Seriously, I'm with my cousin on this. I didn't like the CD at all to be honest... :(

Yeah, so do you hate the CD even more now, Wes? Seriously, I'm with my cousin on this. I didn't like the CD at all to be honest... :(

The vocalist does put me off(PC vocalist not Jeff) and yes Reece would of helped not that Jeff was bad because lets face it I had been drinking all weekend. I have listened to a few more tracks and it's not as bad as I first thought but I really need to listen to the full cd.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

As usual, I'm about a year behind on this, but I finally got a copy of GENERATION WILD this past week (Thanks, Stefan! You rule!)... and after a half dozen or so spins I can easily say that this disc smokes the UNATTRACTIVE REVOLUTION disc and might actually be creeping up on REST IN SLEAZE. Damn good stuff. :beerbang:

I liked it so much... I wrote an article about it :)

http://hubpages.com/hub/Crashdiet-GENERATION-WILD-GainSony-Europe-2010

Happy you're enjoying the ride. :rollercoaster:

Generation Wild along with Treat's Coup De Grace were my favs of 2010.

Now you need the last Hardcore Superstar "Split Your Lip" from 2010, great stuff.

agree wes, absolutely stunning disc that one :party421:

• 4 months later...

Vinyl collectors... go to the bands website to order this in 12" vinyl, complete in fully signed gatefold sleeve, and bonus track "hollywood tease".

Only 300 to be made , of which the band posted there was only about 100 left after only 2 days of pre-sales.

Get it it while you can....

http://www.crashdiet.org/webshop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7&products_id=98

• 4 years later...