Crashdiet - Generation Wild

Jeff

Still havent got the second album.....Rest In Sleaze is magnifico tho.

Don't waste your money. I am however really looking forward to Generation Wild I just hope they don't let me down again.

I have to completely disagree, I think the second album is great as well. In The Raw, Die Another Day, Overnight, XTC Overdrive, Bound To Be Enslaved, Falling Rain (perfect intro), The Buried Song, Like A Sin...shit I might as well list them all. It is worth the money, IMO, don't miss it.

Yep, agreed. Production was average and songs didn't quite match the debut, but it's still an awesome disc and well worth the effort. 'Falling rain' is one of my top Crashdiet songs, easily. 'Die another day' and 'Overnight' are great too. I don't think there were actually any songs I disliked on the CD... the production job was just disappointing.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really trying to like these releases. I've listen to them both twice and so far I'm feeling sorta unimpressed.

I hope I'm just having a bad music day.

Like women have their monthly visit, I tend to have a day out of every month when most music sounds crappy and I get bored of everything. Those are moments I usually pull out some classic Lillian Axe, Harem Scarem or Danger Danger and things feel better and all the cramps go away.

I'm really trying to like these releases. I've listen to them both twice and so far I'm feeling sorta unimpressed.

Like women have their monthly visit, I tend to have a day out of every month when most music sounds crappy and I get bored of everything. Those are moments I usually pull out some classic Lillian Axe, Harem Scarem or Danger Danger and things feel better and all the cramps go away.

Feeling kind of cheesey not sleazy.

Still havent got the second album.....Rest In Sleaze is magnifico tho.

Don't waste your money. I am however really looking forward to Generation Wild I just hope they don't let me down again.

I have to completely disagree, I think the second album is great as well. In The Raw, Die Another Day, Overnight, XTC Overdrive, Bound To Be Enslaved, Falling Rain (perfect intro), The Buried Song, Like A Sin...shit I might as well list them all. It is worth the money, IMO, don't miss it.

Yep, agreed. Production was average and songs didn't quite match the debut, but it's still an awesome disc and well worth the effort. 'Falling rain' is one of my top Crashdiet songs, easily. 'Die another day' and 'Overnight' are great too. I don't think there were actually any songs I disliked on the CD... the production job was just disappointing.

There was at least one to two fillers on the second disc IMO but the rest were exceptional and the production was very good. It didn't have the same magic of the debut but it's hard to compare really since they sounded so different and the two different singer thing plus their voices were so different as well. All in all I love both of the Crashdiet discs. :party421:

• 2 weeks later...

sample every track here...

http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/crashdiet-generationwild.html

will have to have a listen when i get home!

I had a listen last night....sounds good overall. Difficult to tell from samples, but definitely sounded like there were 2 or 3 killer songs, but also 2 or 3 filler type songs too.

We'll see......

Hmmmm, ok, try taking one song and listen to it 5 times straight, when you are having a good music day. I'll suggest Straight Outta Hell, from Rest In Sleaze. I pick it because it is a rocker beginning to end, short song, no in depth meaning, no changes ups, it just kicks ass. Maybe if you get into one song you can get the feel for the rest?

Sometimes I spin a cd and go "eh, average, uninteresting". Then one song catches me and I spin the disc again and I get into it.

For me this wasn't necessary Crashdiet though. :whistle::)

• 2 weeks later...

Can I get a f*ck yeah? I was lucky enough to sneak in a very loud advanced listen this morning and this is gold. I am yet to hear Treat, Crazy Lixx or Ratt yet, so this destroys everything else I have heard this year so far. So memorable it is, I can even do a quick little run through of my initial thoughts:

Armageddon ; Great hard rocking opening tune, with a HUGE chorus. A real awesome beginning.

So Alive ; Even better. One of the highlights of the CD. HUGE hard rocker with a big catchy chorus.

Generation Wild ; Funnily enough, as much as I agree that this is a killer tune, it's actually one of the least impressive on the CD. Still, a great tune.

Rebel ; F*ck me you will have to hold your head in place when you play this one because the riff will absolutely tear you apart. One of the best straight up hard rock riff driven monster songs I've heard in ages.

Save Her ; Splendid! Mid-tempo gem which is just brilliant. Not quite what you'd expect from Crashdiet, but probably my favourite song on the CD. Very melodic too.

Down With the Dust ; another absolute monster hard rocker. By now you will understand the riffs are just making this album explosive.

Native Nature ; and again. This is the weakest song on the CD, no doubt, but oh my f*cking christ, the riff in the verses is just amazing. Shame about the pretty average chorus though. Still, great track.

Chemical ; Wow do they save this one. When the first chorus hits I have to admit I wrote the song off, then it plodded along to the 2nd verse and then, the 2nd, proper chorus hits and it's just brilliant. Hugely melodic and really brings this song home. Ends up being a great track.

Bound to Fall ; one last monster hard rocker near the end of the disc, this is another album highlight. Excellent.

Beautiful Pain ; nice touch. I admit I did want a ballad from this album and I'm glad to see they deliver a very nice one. Not overly amazing, but extremely good nevertheless. Nice way to round up the album.

So there's my initial thoughts. Overall, I think this is their best, most consistent album. The production job is outstanding and leaves the last album for dead. The riffs across this whole thing are just mind-blowing and they've pretty much made it impossible for any hard rock fan not to love this CD. 2010 Top 5 finisher for sure, no doubt about it. New vocalist is great too, sounds like he's been there since the start.

Can I get a f*ck yeah? I was lucky enough to sneak in a very loud advanced listen this morning and this is gold. I am yet to hear Treat, Crazy Lixx or Ratt yet, so this destroys everything else I have heard this year so far. So memorable it is, I can even do a quick little run through of my initial thoughts:

Armageddon ; Great hard rocking opening tune, with a HUGE chorus. A real awesome beginning.

So Alive ; Even better. One of the highlights of the CD. HUGE hard rocker with a big catchy chorus.

Generation Wild ; Funnily enough, as much as I agree that this is a killer tune, it's actually one of the least impressive on the CD. Still, a great tune.

Rebel ; F*ck me you will have to hold your head in place when you play this one because the riff will absolutely tear you apart. One of the best straight up hard rock riff driven monster songs I've heard in ages.

Save Her ; Splendid! Mid-tempo gem which is just brilliant. Not quite what you'd expect from Crashdiet, but probably my favourite song on the CD. Very melodic too.

Down With the Dust ; another absolute monster hard rocker. By now you will understand the riffs are just making this album explosive.

Native Nature ; and again. This is the weakest song on the CD, no doubt, but oh my f*cking christ, the riff in the verses is just amazing. Shame about the pretty average chorus though. Still, great track.

Chemical ; Wow do they save this one. When the first chorus hits I have to admit I wrote the song off, then it plodded along to the 2nd verse and then, the 2nd, proper chorus hits and it's just brilliant. Hugely melodic and really brings this song home. Ends up being a great track.

Bound to Fall ; one last monster hard rocker near the end of the disc, this is another album highlight. Excellent.

Beautiful Pain ; nice touch. I admit I did want a ballad from this album and I'm glad to see they deliver a very nice one. Not overly amazing, but extremely good nevertheless. Nice way to round up the album.

So there's my initial thoughts. Overall, I think this is their best, most consistent album. The production job is outstanding and leaves the last album for dead. The riffs across this whole thing are just mind-blowing and they've pretty much made it impossible for any hard rock fan not to love this CD. 2010 Top 5 finisher for sure, no doubt about it. New vocalist is great too, sounds like he's been there since the start.

I must say that I'm totally agree with Geoff again. It's really their finest work so far. It's sad in a way that the two songs from Sweden Rock cd apart from Generation wild ONe of a kind and fear control are not on the album. They are two smash hits!!! :party421:

I must say that I'm totally agree with Geoff again. It's really their finest work so far. It's sad in a way that the two songs from Sweden Rock cd apart from Generation wild ONe of a kind and fear control are not on the album. They are two smash hits!!! :party421:

Yeah, I agree. Love those two songs and would love to hear them as well produced as the rest of the CD. :)

Ive not heard this in full yet but very stoked by these comments. Sounds nice.

If its anywhere near as good as Crazy Lixx i'll be a very happy camper.

I love this album too. It's much better than Unattractive reovlution (their weakest release) strange because I found Reckless love even better than Crashdiet.

Compared with Rest in sleaze, It's tough this new one is maybe more melodic. It lacks some whooa whoaa, that Dave Lepard seemed to love, and me too.

I prefer Rest in sleaze but the new one is growing on me , Fryday I will see them live so rock on :headbanger:

Anyone in Blighty found a cheap outlet for this one? Amazon and Play are £12.99, I'm just wondering if anywhere has it cheaper. Looks like it's going to be an essential purchase...

Anyone in Blighty found a cheap outlet for this one? Amazon and Play are £12.99, I'm just wondering if anywhere has it cheaper. Looks like it's going to be an essential purchase...

HMV. All their Frontiers releases are £8.99 and the cheapest by far.

I didn't give these two songs enough credit - both are freakin' awesome and two of my faves on the disc. These two and 'Rebel' and 'Save her' are probably my faves. Probably, because there's a whole album's worth of contenders too.

Did I mention how awesome this disc is? I can't stop playing this mofo in my ipod.

"Save Her" is just phenomenal. "Chemical" too. I just love the whole damn thing. Easy Album Of The Year candidate!

:banger:

HMV. All their Frontiers releases are £8.99 and the cheapest by far.

Basketed, cheers for the tip. :)

My take on this album is that its BETTER than the Crazy Lixx album. It's weird saying this as I feel the Loud Minority album is "flawless" IMO, and I was hoping for a HUGE follow up. While I don't hate the New Religion album, GW just destroys it. It is so much better. Perhaps its the new direction that CL took with the GW disk. It's not as much sleeze as I would like but it still kicks ass. Don't get me wrong, I love both but at different levels.

Ordered it from HMV £8.99 is a great price (includes postage too)....thanks Jez for steering me in the right direction pricewise mate!

Ordered it from HMV £8.99 is a great price (includes postage too)....thanks Jez for steering me in the right direction pricewise mate!

You are as always welcome mate. ;)

My take on this album is that its BETTER than the Crazy Lixx album. It's weird saying this as I feel the Loud Minority album is "flawless" IMO, and I was hoping for a HUGE follow up. While I don't hate the New Religion album, GW just destroys it. It is so much better. Perhaps its the new direction that CL took with the GW disk. It's not as much sleeze as I would like but it still kicks ass. Don't get me wrong, I love both but at different levels.

Hmmm, i dont quite get the whole GW 'destroying' New Religion. The new Crashdiet is good, but the songs arent as memorable as the new Crazy Lixx.

IMHO of course..........