Dakota Rock Fest 2010!

Evil Rick

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget these Mos Eisley fella's are rumored to be there as well:

modalnodes360.jpg

Yes but if their playing will they allow me to bring my droids?

You'll need to use your Jedi mind powers to get them past DRF security:

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

kenobi_011.jpg

Wow.... you go to sleep for a few hours and have no idea what this thread is about. I've seen so threads take a turn, maybe even started a few turns, but man is this off topic. :spchewie:

Taco is gonna have to be extra careful this year.

Wow.... you go to sleep for a few hours and have no idea what this thread is about. I've seen so threads take a turn, maybe even started a few turns, but man is this off topic. :spchewie:

Pete's fault, he started it. If he hadn't put that picture of the Wiggles up I would not have gotten so pumped up and off topic.

Pete's fault, he started it. If he hadn't put that picture of the Wiggles up I would not have gotten so pumped up and off topic.

Wiggles = :banger: :banger: :banger:

I wonder if Pete gets the honor of opening for them?

DRF 2010 LINEUP:

Thursday:

TBD

Backstage Pass

Rock N’ Roll Damnation

Hairball

Friday:

TBD

TBD

FarCry (CD Release Party!!!)

Lita Ford

Saturday:

TBD

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeroes

Tango Down

Talon

Bombay Black

Ted Poley (Danger Danger)

AXE

Molly Hatchet

Warrant

Vince Neil (Lead singer of Motley Crue)

Guest CoRyP2008
DRF 2010 LINEUP:

Thursday:

TBD

Backstage Pass

Rock N’ Roll Damnation

Hairball

Friday:

TBD

TBD

Lita Ford

Saturday:

TBD

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeroes

Tango Down

Talon

Bombay Black

AXE

Molly Hatchet

Warrant

so yeah, what happened to bullet boys? they must have got it wrong...gotta say i was expecting a little more from this lineup, but o well i'll still be there.

Don't forget these Mos Eisley fella's are rumored to be there as well:

modalnodes360.jpg

Yes but if their playing will they allow me to bring my droids?

You'll need to use your Jedi mind powers to get them past DRF security:

"These aren't the droids you're looking for."

kenobi_011.jpg

What if it doesn't work and they tell me "We don't serve their kind here".

DRF 2010 LINEUP:

Thursday:

TBD

Backstage Pass

Rock N’ Roll Damnation

Hairball

Friday:

TBD

TBD

Lita Ford

Saturday:

TBD

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeroes

Tango Down

Talon

Bombay Black

AXE

Molly Hatchet

Warrant

so yeah, what happened to bullet boys? they must have got it wrong...gotta say i was expecting a little more from this lineup, but o well i'll still be there.

I'm still going as well but I have to admit I am very dissapointed with this lineup.

I was expecting some bigger bands for Thursday and was figuring that some of these other big bands that are being announced at other festivals would be at this one as well such as Tesla, Great White, Y&T, Scorpions, Cinderella or Kix. I know some of these would be difficult to afford but damn they asked for input last year in their damn suggestion box and it was full of "Tesla" so I wonder why they can't get some of these bands? No offense to Molly Hatchet or AXE but I could care less to see those guys. I'd rather of seen some other bands like Dirty Looks or Helix. Why Ted Poley instead of Danger Danger? I was hoping if they didn't pull Dokken in they'd get Lynch Mob instead.

Major Bands in 2010: Vince Neil, Warrant, Lita Ford, AXE, Molly Hatchet

Major Bands in 2009: Dokken, Firehouse, LA Guns, Skid Row, Bret Michaels, April Wine, Head East.

Major Bands in 2008: Skid Row, Jackyl, Firehouse, LA Guns, Slaughter.

When comparing these 3 years 2010 comes up short IMO.

I'm still going as well but I have to admit I am very dissapointed with this lineup.

I was expecting some bigger bands for Thursday and was figuring that some of these other big bands that are being announced at other festivals would be at this one as well such as Tesla, Great White, Y&T, Scorpions, Cinderella or Kix. I know some of these would be difficult to afford but damn they asked for input last year in their damn suggestion box and it was full of "Tesla" so I wonder why they can't get some of these bands? No offense to Molly Hatchet or AXE but I could care less to see those guys. I'd rather of seen some other bands like Dirty Looks or Helix. Why Ted Poley instead of Danger Danger? I was hoping if they didn't pull Dokken in they'd get Lynch Mob instead.

Major Bands in 2009: Dokken, Firehouse, LA Guns, Skid Row, Bret Michaels, April Wine, Head East.

Well said. Even though I might still come out to meet you guys, I am very disappointed in the lineup too. I have no interest to see Vince Neil, Warrant, Molley Hatchet, or Axe.

I would look forward to seeing Tango Down, Talon, Bombay Black and FarCry.

Now it is a matter of coming out to meet some good people instead of coming out to meet good people AND seeing some interesting Major bands. I've never seen Lita but if she plays the crap off her new disc scratch her off the interesting list too. Bummer.

Guest CoRyP2008
DRF 2010 LINEUP:

Thursday:

TBD

Backstage Pass

Rock N’ Roll Damnation

Hairball

Friday:

TBD

TBD

Lita Ford

Saturday:

TBD

Paisty Jenny

Jukebox Zeroes

Tango Down

Talon

Bombay Black

AXE

Molly Hatchet

Warrant

i don't think this lineup is really worth the 175$ i paid for my vip ticket. what was the point of having that suggestion box if you weren't going to take any of them? no offense to bands like paisty jenny and bombay black but i would have liked for them to maybe change it up a little bit, maybe bring in a few of them glam bands from sweden maybe like vains of jenna or crash diet or dirty penny just somebody different. i just hope they can use those "TBD" slots to add some bigger names, because right now i'm really disappointed.

Well said. Even though I might still come out to meet you guys, I am very disappointed in the lineup too. I have no interest to see Vince Neil, Warrant, Molley Hatchet, or Axe.

I would look forward to seeing Tango Down, Talon, Bombay Black and FarCry.

Now it is a matter of coming out to meet some good people instead of coming out to meet good people AND seeing some interesting Major bands. I've never seen Lita but if she plays the crap off her new disc scratch her off the interesting list too. Bummer.

I'm still going to go so hopefully you can make it to. :drink:

The main reason for going is to meet up with Rick, Chad and Pete and of course get to see FarCry play.

Everything else(the music and unlimited beer in VIP) is just icing on the cake however the initial shock of the lineup just has left me a little dissapointed but I'm still going anyway.

Besides if I don't go Taco might miss me. :whistle:

WOW... I agree. As far as the bands go... not a very strong line-up. Rocklahoma doesn't appear it will have a strong line-up either. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Looks like M3 might be the best festival of the year even if it is only one day. The M3 line-up kills all the other festivals in the USA.

Hope all that are going to DRF enjoy the weekend. I'm sure it will still be loads of fun. With a line-up like that I now have no intentions of trying to make it out there.

I may have to head through Sioux Falls on my way to the Thunder Mountain festival this summer... If so, maybe I can meet the infamous Taco then.

WOW... I agree. As far as the bands go... not a very strong line-up. Rocklahoma doesn't appear it will have a strong line-up either. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

Looks like M3 might be the best festival of the year even if it is only one day. The M3 line-up kills all the other festivals in the USA.

Hope all that are going to DRF enjoy the weekend. I'm sure it will still be loads of fun. With a line-up like that I now have no intentions of trying to make it out there.

I may have to head through Sioux Falls on my way to the Thunder Mountain festival this summer... If so, maybe I can meet the infamous Taco then.

Taco and I are always up for a beer Dave! :drink:

Well, I've let the lineup sink in for a while before commenting. First off, what is the promoter's fascination with scheduling 70's bands? He did this last year as well. And to put them where he did in the lineup is just odd.

I've heard Hairball is a great band. I'm pretty sure I've seen Rock N’ Roll Damnation before. Pretty good AC/DC cover band.

Obviously I'm looking forward to Friday. FarCry and Lita should be a GREAT show! I just hope TBD is decent since they are playing two sets back to back ( :lol: )

Saturday has Paisty Jenny (my goal is to actually make it out in time to see them play this year!!) and a great block of Kivel bands that always rock the place followed by Ted Poley. I have a good feeling that will probably be the highlight of the eve! After that I'll probably be feeling too good to have a problem with the rest of the eve's lineup, although I am looking forward somewhat to seeing Axe play.

Not a bad lineup IMO but not a great one either. He (the promoter) obviously doesn't care what the comment cards say, he's going to bring out who he thinks everyone wants to hear.

I guess I will chime in as well. I too am a bit disappointed with the line up. I do look forward to Axe and Vince Neil. I seen him back in November and I can honestly say, he rocked. He was backed up by the guys in Slaughter and they put on a great show.

I agree with Wes, that the concerts are really icing on the cake of a fabulous weekend of hanging out with Pete, Rick, Mike, Marshall, Taco, Jen and Wes. We always manage to have a good time and make some good memories. So, with that said, I am looking forward to DRF 2010.

And bring on the New Farcry!!! :banger:

I hate to break the news to those of you looking forward to Axe... I saw them last summer and they were God awful. They could have possibly been the worst live act I've seen in the last 10 years. I too was looking forward to seeing them since I had never seen them before... what a disappointment. Never been a big Poison fan but Bret was pretty good when I saw him last year. I think that it helps that I know a few of the guys in his band from back home. Actually, his backing band is Evick from Virginia. I've seen them many times and they are quite good. Lita Ford is really cool live... It has been about a year and a half since I've seen her so I didn't have to deal with the "Wicked Wonderland" stuff though. If she is playing 2 nights I would hope she changes up the set list a bit. That would be cool because maybe she would play more older stuff that way. :headbanger:

I hate to break the news to those of you looking forward to Axe... I saw them last summer and they were God awful. They could have possibly been the worst live act I've seen in the last 10 years. I too was looking forward to seeing them since I had never seen them before... what a disappointment.

Hopefully they'll get it back in gear, or maybe it was an off night. My first real rock concert was Cheap Trick with Axe opening back in the early 80's and they were smokin' then... sometimes it doesn't stay that way unfortunately. :(