Dakota Rock Fest 2010!

Evil Rick

Well it's about that time again...Dakota Rock Fest 2010 will be here before we know it so here's the official 2010 thread!!

The link for the DRF website is - Dakota Rock Fest

Although the official lineup will not be announced until Superbowl Sunday, Warrant, Lita Ford and Molly Hatchet have already mentioned they will be playing. Also this year, they have added a few bands to Thursday so it will be a three day event instead of two days!

Last year a handful of HH regulars and friends were again able to get together for a near-perfect weekend of enjoying rock music, discussing rock music and drinking lots and lots of beer! Pete Fry was there with his band FarCry and although no official announcement has been made it is believed they will again be there this year!

Everyone is welcome!! The invitation is again extended to everyone that would love to come and partake in the festivities...if you are at all interested in attending please give it some serious thought and get your hotel reservations made now...you won't regret it! :drink:

The Beerbarrow Welcomes You All!!!

DRF09_007.jpg

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sure hope they were able to get some other acts like Tesla, Kix, Y&T, Winger, Great White, Danger Danger or even Night Ranger would be cool. I remember in the suggestion box last year there were a whole lot of Tesla's in there so I'm hoping they were able to pull them in.

I wonder how that third day is going to work. Will it just be the evening on Thursday and Friday and then all day on Saturday? And please cut out the tribute bands, although the GNR tribute band was fun on Saturday morning and the Aerosmith and Journey tributes were very good as well.

I wonder if Great White and Dokken will be there since they will be playing Sturgis the following weekend. Tesla would be great to see again, I think Chad just saw them play.

Tickets for Thursday night are only $10 so they must not be doing many bands that night, maybe two or three I would guess.

Hey, who's garage is that (Rick?) and who rides that small bike on the left (Pete?)?

Do you guys do the the VIP tix or the general admission?

That's my garage Jeff. We have had the pre-party there the last two years and will do it again this year. The small bike is for anyone that spills their beer. If that happens, they have to ride the little bike around the neighborhood apologizing to all that will listen! :lol:

We go VIP all the way. It's the only way to roll, all the beer you can drink and get to meet almost all of the bands backstage. Definitely worth the money!

I wonder if Great White and Dokken will be there since they will be playing Sturgis the following weekend. Tesla would be great to see again, I think Chad just saw them play.

Tickets for Thursday night are only $10 so they must not be doing many bands that night, maybe two or three I would guess.

Oh hellz yeah!! :tumbsup:

That would be awesome to have GW, Dokken and Tesla on the bill!

I went to check out Tesla on Saturday. Jeff Keith was unfortunately sick with a cold but he gutted it out. They did end up playing a couple of Zeppelin songs with Frank Hannon on vocals to save on Jeff. Frank sounded really good actually!

I will be making the trip again this year for sure. No plans on who is coming with me yet. My wife wants to make it a family event but I am not too sure about that! Chris wants to make it again too. So, the only thing I know for sure is that I will be taking my place next to the beerbarrow this year! :bananamac:

It's a great weekend of music, friendships, fun and beer!! :beerbang:

I'd love to get to Dakota Rock Fest this year. It might be a little hard because I'm 90% sure I'm going to both Rocklahoma and the festival in North Dakota.

Pretty sure KIX will not be at DRF. They will be at the show in North Dakota... so that one I must go to. Besides... North Dakota is one of the 4 States I've never been to.

Dave that would be fantastic if you could join us this year! I bet you've got a ton of great stories you could share, especially about KIX & Dirty Looks. But I know money doesn't grow on trees. Here's to hoping you can work something out though. :drink:

I hear KIX is going to be playing the "M3" festival in Maryland this June... hey LV KIX, I assume that's in your neck o'the woods...

I hear KIX is going to be playing the "M3" festival in Maryland this June... hey LV KIX, I assume that's in your neck o'the woods...

I'm pretty sure KIX are playing "M3". And...yep, that's my "neck of the woods". I actually didn't go to "M3" last year because I knew most of those bands were playing Rocklahoma shortly after "M3". I will more then likely hit the "M3" show this year do to the fact that Rocklahoma is changing format.

Anyone on the East Coast here gonna make "M3"..?

Like I said... I'd love to make DRF if at all possible. I mean, come on.... a wheelbarrow of beer and a little dog named Taco. Not to mention a pretty good line up of bands.

Kix are definitely in for M3 -- as well as the return of Cinderella, and the Scorps as headliners (apparently, this tour is gonna be their last one ever):

m3.jpg

That is shaping up to be a hell of a lineup.

I hope that DRF is half as good as that one.

Kix are definitely in for M3 -- as well as the return of Cinderella, and the Scorps as headliners (apparently, this tour is gonna be their last one ever):

m3.jpg

I have a pretty good feeling it's going to be better than last years.

m3.jpg

:omg::rofl2: Well I guess now the cat's out of the bag!

m3.jpg

If that's the case I think I'll stay in the VIP tent during your set. :lol:

m3.jpg

Check your email Wes...

Guest CoRyP2008

m3.jpg

Shhhh! I told you not to tell anyone I was going to play the FarCry set naked!

Check your email Wes...

it looks like Vince Neil will be at Rock Fest this year too...check his myspace!

it looks like Vince Neil will be at Rock Fest this year too...check his myspace!

Cool! Must be the Saturday headliner I bet.

*edit* maybe not, says he goes on at 8pm...

Guest CoRyP2008

i suppose lita would be the other headliner then?

Vince will be fun to see even though he can't sing worth a shit and he'll probably be drunk.

Maybe he'll hang out in the VIP tent and get plastered with everyone else! :headbanger:

Vince will be fun to see even though he can't sing worth a shit and he'll probably be drunk.

Maybe he'll hang out in the VIP tent and get plastered with everyone else! :headbanger:

I saw him back in 98 with warrant and slaughter. Very fun show, won't mind seeing him again.

Oh, and don't post any of the mentioned bands on the DRF facebook page until after superbowl sunday or Kevin will get pissed!!! :lol: