Spider Man 4 Getting a complete overhaul.....

Dark Star

I never read the "Sin City" graphic novel but I did see the movie... did nothin' for me other than the scenes where Jessica Alba was wearing next to nothing. :lol: It was a great looking movie but I honestly couldn't make heads or tails of it. Too artsy-fartsy for me.

I would strongly urge you to read the graphic novels and watch the film again, just in case you change your mind. I read the books, thought they were great and then the film blew me away. What an amazing adaptation, a 10/10 film for me, which is quite a rare event! :popcorn:

Ehhh...nah, I don't think I'll be doing that one again any time soon... my wife hated it even more than I did and still brings it up as a bone of contention when we argue about what movie to watch (i.e. "Yeah, well, YOU made me sit through Sin City so we should watch what *I* wanna watch!" hahahaha)

I never read the "Sin City" graphic novel but I did see the movie... did nothin' for me other than the scenes where Jessica Alba was wearing next to nothing. :lol: It was a great looking movie but I honestly couldn't make heads or tails of it. Too artsy-fartsy for me.

I would strongly urge you to read the graphic novels and watch the film again, just in case you change your mind. I read the books, thought they were great and then the film blew me away. What an amazing adaptation, a 10/10 film for me, which is quite a rare event! :popcorn:

Ehhh...nah, I don't think I'll be doing that one again any time soon... my wife hated it even more than I did and still brings it up as a bone of contention when we argue about what movie to watch (i.e. "Yeah, well, YOU made me sit through Sin City so we should watch what *I* wanna watch!" hahahaha)

Gutting to hear that, definitely my film of the year (whenever it came out) - just a fantastic film. I can see it wouldn't be for everybody though. I got my wife to watch half of it before she got really bored.

Changing the subject slightly, Predators looks like a good, easy watching visual treat...

• 3 months later...

Latest casting news for the new "Spider-Man" sez that Peter Parker's Uncle Ben and Aunt May will be portrayed by Martin Sheen and Sally Field. :blink:

Kind of ironic that Martin is gonna be in a Spider-Man flick, cuz back in the mid '80s when Cannon Films first tried to get Spidey to the screen (unsuccessfully), his son Charlie was one of the actors in the running to play Peter/Spidey.

Latest casting news for the new "Spider-Man" sez that Peter Parker's Uncle Ben and Aunt May will be portrayed by Martin Sheen and Sally Field. :blink:

Kind of ironic that Martin is gonna be in a Spider-Man flick, cuz back in the mid '80s when Cannon Films first tried to get Spidey to the screen (unsuccessfully), his son Charlie was one of the actors in the running to play Peter/Spidey.

Hmmm.. Well they are old enough.... :whistle: And I liked Sally Field.. In Smokey and the Bandit about 30 years ago.. Has she aged well I wonder??? :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...

Just read in today's paper that Denis Leary has been added to the cast of the new "Spider-Man" flick -- he'll be playing Gwen Stacy's father.

This news struck me rather funny because in his book "Why We Suck," Leary sez he is often mistaken for Willem DaFoe, who played the Green Goblin in "Spider-Man." In the book he wonders if, for every person who comes up to him and says "Hey, I loved you in Spider-Man," there are an equal amount of people who say to Willem DaFoe, "Man, why the hell did you do 'Operation Dumbo Drop'?"

• 7 months later...

First trailer for next year's "Amazing Spider-Man" reboot premiered this week at Comic-Con.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V2cUD-LznU

Of course, they show just enough to get you interested, without actually showing you much of anything.

Looks mildly interesting... doubt I'll be lining up @ the multiplex to see it opening day, but I'll surely check it out on DVD somewhere down the line...