Dreams - S/T

JC_AOR

Ok here's an xmas present for anyone who hasn't already heard it and craves real catchy melodic hard rock songs.

I discovered this 4 track release over at one of the blogs. Apparantly there is next to nothing know about this band - extremely rare and unheard of. I'm not even sure if this was intended to be an official release or a demo, but certainly the sound quality is on the lower side (though more than acceptable) which leads me to beleive it may have been a demo.

You can read more over at AOR FM where these songs are desribed as "very much like a cross of english aorsters Moritz and Aussy favourites Roxus.With a dash of Blue Tears". Now what a comparrison!! I'd also through in Garrison as another comparrison (which I've been using a lot lately).

Dreams-cover.jpg

1. Drive you crazy

2. The fear of being alone

3. Does it feel like you want it

4. Run

The band is from the USA and apart from a track listing and cover artwork, I have no more info on this band. I'd love to know more about them including a release date and band members if anyone knows.

It's probably safe to say that this is out of print and extremely rare, but I won't post a link for fear of breaking the rules of the forum. So you can either head over to the Kissmar blog and do a search for it or send me a PM and I'll help you out. Either way, you must hear these songs.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PM sent !!

Lazy bastard.

Didn't I tell you yet ? I've got Aussie blood in me ... ! :tumbsup:

PM sent !!

Lazy bastard.

Didn't I tell you yet ? I've got Aussie blood in me ... ! :tumbsup:

If that is so, congratulations on being handsome.

And it's relaxed - not lazy.

It's rare you actually hear a band that lives up to the Blue Tears comparison, but I can defintely hear them in a few of these tracks. Excellent stuff. Would love to see an entire unreleased album surface from these guys - far too good to be nobodies.

It's rare you actually hear a band that lives up to the Blue Tears comparison, but I can defintely hear them in a few of these tracks. Excellent stuff. Would love to see an entire unreleased album surface from these guys - far too good to be nobodies.

Yeah I hope someone from the band stumbles across this thread one day and fills us in on the details. Dreams and Garrison are the two of the most unrecognised and most incredibly awesome bands I've ever heard.

Loving these songs. How did I survive in a world of EPs and demos before I had my second Ipod? Hard to pick my fave of the four songs, but it's probably 'Drive you crazy'? But I do love 'The fear of being alone' too - the start and verses are pure perfection. And 'Run' is killer too. Love them all. Man I hope something more from these guys surfaces. How the hell did they remain so obscure with 4 songs like this?

whats also incredibly surprising is that no one has yet picked out that dreams were a melbourne based Aussie melodic hard rock band that released these tracks on cassette only....

Really?? Where did you get that info from? AOR FM says they're from the USA.

whats also incredibly surprising is that no one has yet picked out that dreams were a melbourne based Aussie melodic hard rock band that released these tracks on cassette only....

I'm hoping AOR FM's site is accurate on this but sometimes not everyting you read online is so.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm hoping AOR FM's site is accurate on this but sometimes not everyting you read online is so.

Yeah, wtf? I'd be amazed to find out these guys were Aussie. Obviously you can't tell for sure either way from the songs alone but if I had to bet I'd put considerable money on them being from the US... just based on the songs. Played this a few times on my trip again - man I love it!!!

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Okay I've discovered some more clues as to who the band is that wrote and played these amazing songs.

Firstly to comment on the album cover artwork. I don't think the cover shown above is the actual artwork used by the band. Why not? Look at this:

These are the supposed covers for Dreams:

Dreams-cover.jpg

thumb-414B_4D651B32.jpg

And these are the actuall covers for a Spanish compilation album called 'Dreams - Cafe Del Mar'.

R-122984-001.jpg

R-122984-1114789789.jpg

It seems that someone made up their own artwork by editing the cover for the 'Dreams - Cafe Del Mar' compilation. They even left the same catolgue number on it which is what I was searching for when I made this discovery.

Next, I discovered that the band in question 'Dreams' played a re-union gig in 2008 at the Ridge Fest in Chicago Ridge, IL. Which whould lead one to believe that this band is from Chicago, IL, not Australia, Sweden, Switzerland or Spain all of which I have been told. According to the Ridge Fest website, Dreams played at the festival again in 2010 with Joan Jett and .38 Special also on the bill.

The following video shows the band playing the song 'The Fear of Being Alone' at Ridge Fest 2008.

http://www.youtube.com/user/pauldavidsmith1968

The information listed with this video states "Originally written and recorded in 1989, this is the first time the band has performed live since 1997." This would indicate the they are a late 80's/early 90's band, which judging by the sound of these songs is pretty accurate.

So there you have it. Now I'm calling upon all those Melodic Rock / AOR / Hard Rock fans from Chicago/IL to ask around and find out more.

From the Ridge Fest website:

"Dreams 7:00 to 9:30 p.m.

One of the best 80’s rock cover bands to come out of the Chicago suburbs, Dreams will be opening Friday’s classic concert in the park. Wear your big hair!"

dreams.jpg

Could it be that Dreams were a cover band from Chicago, IL? It now seems this way. But are the four songs we know about originals? I'm pretty sure they are.