Top 30 Most Anticipated Albums For 2010

David

Here is 31-70 -

31 – H.E.A.T. - These guys would be much higher in the order but I'm not 100% sure they will have a new CD in 2010. The time they took to release their first album was agonising!!~!

32 – Treat – Organised Crime being one of my favourite albums, less keyboards and more guitars fellas.

33 – Y&T – One off the stall wards of the scene and they happen to be one of my favourite bands too.

34 - Romeo's Daughter – In my opinion, a real under-rated band in the melodic rock world. A very talented group, lets hope album number 3 is just as good as their back catalogue!

35 – Hansel – I'm a sucker for these fun party bands, their debut single “Murder 101” was great!

36 - White Sister – Dennis Churchill Dries is in my top 10 all-time favourite singers. I actually prefer is other band Tattooed Rodeo, but White Sister will do! Lol!!

37 – Krokus – Another great party band that really know how to please their fans!

38 - Stage Dolls – These guys get better and better with every release, not many bands can claim to doing that.

39 – Broad St. Bullies – From what I've heard around the traps, another amazing unreleased gem, Eonion are making a real impact!!

40 – Dear Diary – An amazing band that I wanted to sign at Suncity but Steve and the boys got them first – Bastards!!~!

41 - Work Of Art – Once again, like H.E.A.T., they would be further up the order but we are looking like we will be getting something late 2010 and possibly early 2011.

42 – Survivor – A new album from Survivor will be interesting – most people would have Survivor higher in the peaking order but I'm a bit sceptical – let see

42 - Little Caesar – Great to see these guys back, great group that we dearly need back in action!

43 – Wanted – From the songs that I've heard, WOW!! Look out, these guys will be a big hit with the Heavy Harmonies community.

44 - Noiseworks – Another Aussie band making a comeback, I only hope the new stuff is half as good as the first 3 albums!!

45 - The Ladder – This is my most anticipated re-release for 2010. Classic album only ever released officially on Vinyl and Cassette will be release next year on Wounded Bird.

46 - Sebastian Bach – Once again, this would be higher in the list because Bach is another one of my favourite voices, but you know never when and what he's up to. Suppose to have the follow up to Angel Down is due out sometime next year.

Stan Bush

47 – D'Molls – I'm not even sure if I'm suppose to let this one out but these glam legend are back in the studio and recording album number 3!! So exciting!!

48 - Soulshake – This band some really good from what's on their MySpace site but I can't get a read on what the hell they are doing, does anyone know??

49 – Mitch Malloy – One of my favourite ever vocalists, just seem to love everything this guy does!

50 - Snakeskin Cowboy – Another promising Eonion Release release due out next year – Exciting!

51 - Sexslave – Another cool new sleazy glam band rockin' out in 2010.

52 - Jack Blades – Another class performer, always something killer will come from such a legend of the industry. I really hope that his mate Mike Slammer produces the new disc!!!!~!

53 - Quireboys – Loved their debut, haven't heard anything from these guys for a long, long time which is why I'm a little hesitant, but as always – fingers crossed.

54 – Gynger Lynn – Follow up to their debut released late last year/early this year – great attitude and great image.

55 – Sweet Sybil – Just in case you don't know, I'm a massive fan of Record Label Eonion Records and this will be another killer release.

56 – Starship – Been waiting for this one for quite some time, always expect some in the highest order from this legends.

57 - Yngwie Malmsteen – Always interested in hearing what Malmsteen has to offer and the cover of Beat It sound very cool indeed!!

58 – Legacy – Eonion Records have 10 album scheduled for 2010 and they could have gone anywhere in my top 60.

59 - Lynzee – A cool band that will be releasing a tone of their old unreleased recordings through Retrospect Records. Lets hope the package is of a quality standard. The artwork looks very cool indeed!!~!

60 - The Poor – A big surprise for veteran Australian band making a comeback after all these years!! Great to see.

Alright, I did say I would be doing a top 60 but I'm enjoying doing this a little too much!! I'll go to

61 - Hinder – Love their energy, maybe a little bit modern for my old ears but still very cool

62 – Terry Brock – Great vocalist, you can always expect great quality with this old rocker!

63 - Shinedown – Another great new band, once again, maybe a tad too modern sounding for my likings but still super keen on hearing what they do.

64 - Asia – Progressive music of any style isn't really my cup of tea but when a band does it with such class, I will always take strong interest.

65 - Mass – YES! Apparently these guy are back in the studio and will be releasing an album next year to keep up momentum after last years Crack Of Dawn.

66 - Eric Martin – I have really been enjoying his Mr. Vocalist CD's! I hindsight, the 3rd edition of his Mr. Vocalist CD's should have been much high in the count. This is one I'm very excited about!

67 – Heart – Another band that I've followed since day 1, so I will be excited to hear what these guys (and girls) come up with.

68 – Six AM – Always been a fan of Motley, so therefore, anything Nicky Sixx does – I'm interested.

69 – Sweet F.A. - If this is true, bring it on. I have always loved this band and if what people are saying is true then I'm very excited about a 3rd album.

70 - Mecca – You would thing that the fact that Mecca come in at number 70, I'm not overly interested but that is so far from the truth, next year is just going to be so much fun for my ears!!

I could go on and on but people are probably starting to get bored at my thoughts. I look forward to hearing what other people are thinking!!

Kind regards

Dave

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

31 – H.E.A.T. - These guys would be much higher in the order but I'm not 100% sure they will have a new CD in 2010. The time they took to release their first album was agonising!!~!

Actually H.E.A.T. are already recording their album at the moment and they are aiming for a March/April-release date!

You can check out their studio-blog with some videos here:

H.E.A.T. Studio Blog

35 – Hansel – I'm a sucker for these fun party bands, their debut single “Murder 101” was great!

I was actually wondering what happened to these guys. A lot of potential there.

Actually H.E.A.T. are already recording their album at the moment and they are aiming for a March/April-release date!

You can check out their studio-blog with some videos here:

H.E.A.T. Studio Blog

That is probably the 2010 release I am most excited about!

Could be huge.

What about Marcello/Vestry? Weren't they due for a new album next year too?

Yes.

That one would be in my top 5 too, with Treat, HEAT, Hinder and Reckless Love.

48 - Soulshake – This band some really good from what's on their MySpace site but I can't get a read on what the hell they are doing, does anyone know??

Kind regards

Dave

The singer owes a few posters on H.H. some money. Purchase at your own risk.. Warren posted here a couple of times, then took off!!

Yes.

Crashdiet? Pretty Maids? Chris Laney? FarCry?

... Make up the rest of my top 9. ;) Seriously, a heap of new CDs I'm looking forward too. Not to mention Story of the Year too.

My short list for 2010:

1.) Krokus

2.) Cinder Road

3.) Wildstreet

4.) Crashdiet

5.) White Widdow

6.) DC Star (Retrospect Records) ~ 2 Discs

Excellent list David. Looking forward to A LOT of those myself - I'll definitely add three to my list of anticipated releases..

ICON - new album with singer Tarsha Sheldon. Can't wait to release this!

FIFTH ANGEL - ohhhh I hope it's as good as the previous two!!

WILDSTREET - debut album has done very well , hope they can follow up with a bigger , meaner monster!

A lot of great Melodic Rock and Metal being released lately - let's hope it continues. Contender for album of the year is Powerwolf's "Bible of the Beast' - anyone heard this yet? KILLER KILLER stuff!!

Yes.

Crashdiet? Pretty Maids? Chris Laney? FarCry?

... Make up the rest of my top 9. ;) Seriously, a heap of new CDs I'm looking forward too. Not to mention Story of the Year too.

Im hoping dearly that the White Sister comeback album is a monster.

Id love for them to be in my top 10 come year end.

Excellent list David. Looking forward to A LOT of those myself - I'll definitely add three to my list of anticipated releases..

WILDSTREET - debut album has done very well , hope they can follow up with a bigger , meaner monster!

A lot of great Melodic Rock and Metal being released lately - let's hope it continues. Contender for album of the year is Powerwolf's "Bible of the Beast' - anyone heard this yet? KILLER KILLER stuff!!

I didn't realize that Sheldon was singing for ICON. I knew they were active but didn't know who was singinng. Sheldon was the guy that was in Adler's Appetite after Jizzy Pearl, right?

I didn't realize that Sheldon was singing for ICON. I knew they were active but didn't know who was singinng. Sheldon was the guy that was in Adler's Appetite after Jizzy Pearl, right?

That is correct yes and what a hell of a job he did for Icon at Rocklahoma. I would highly recommend everyone to go check out the youtube footage of Icon at Rok. They were the best band I have EVER seen Live.

That is correct yes and what a hell of a job he did for Icon at Rocklahoma. I would highly recommend everyone to go check out the youtube footage of Icon at Rok. They were the best band I have EVER seen Live.

Ever???????????

Come on now Sam you can't be serious.

I'm not saying they weren't great live but greatest band ever?

That's hard to believe.

Numero Uno for me right now would be Raven's ultra long awaited WALK THROUGH FIRE, which has been available only in Japan till now...

Numero Uno for me right now would be Raven's ultra long awaited WALK THROUGH FIRE, which has been available only in Japan till now...

Even more than the Mariah Carey Rock album?

Yea, hard to believe isn't it?

Ever???????????

That's hard to believe.

They were the best sounding band I have ever seen in a live setting. Absolutely. Pure energy , melody and Power.

Ever???????????

That's hard to believe.

They were the best sounding band I have ever seen in a live setting. Absolutely. Pure energy , melody and Power.

I'd have to back this one. I'm not sure how long these guys had practiced together ( I don't believe it was too long)... but they were spot on. Technically this band is as sound as they come. Looking forward to hearing the new release.. and look even more forward to seeing them again.

• 1 month later...

My top most anticipated releases of 2010 are....

Farcry-Pete is gonna unleash his Inner George Lynch/Doug Aldrich licks and riffs on the world..

Krokus..

Van Halen..?? hopefully they will release some new stuff

Testament

Crashdiet

Sister Sin

ZZ Top

Benedictum.?? Hopefully they will release something new...

and Last but NOT least...

MOTORHEAD!!