TREAT - COUP DE GRACE

rockdoc

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Twenty-five years after the release of their sensational debut album, "Scratch and Bite", and eighteen years since their last self-titled studio album saw the light of day, Swedish melodic rock legends TREAT will return with a brand new CD, "Coup De Grace".

Due on March 19 in Europe and April 6 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records, "Coup de Grace" is the album that every melodic rock fan hoped for but never dared to dream of: a classic rock masterpiece with thunderous guitars, powerful yet seductive melodies and hook-laden songs, all wrapped up in a production that combines the best of "now" and "then."

"It's been twenty-five years in the making," says guitarist and main songwriter Anders Wikström. "Since day one I knew we had this album in us. The ideas were there. The vision. But it took us this long to find the right tools to make it all come true. It took five albums, millions of miles on the road, a thirteen-year-long break and a whole new perspective on life to get it right. In hindsight, it now seems that everything we've done since we formed the band has been pointing in one direction. Of course, we didn't know it back then, but this is what we aimed for all along."

According to a press release, "Coup de Grace" is a collection of songs that is so much more than just kick-ass, sing-along rock'n'roll songs. They are more a sort of mini-autobiographies from five grown men reflecting on life.

"This album is a statement of who we are today," explains Wikström. "We're older… yeah, perhaps even wiser. We look at our lives and the world around us in a different way. I wanted to reflect that in our lyrics. I mean, we're all fathers and we raise our kids in a world that's in a turmoil. There's a lot of pressures, fears and tough expectations."

"We got back together in 2006 because we all missed playing together. We released a compilation album and did a tour, but we weren't sure what to do next. In 2008 we all felt that we had an album to do," continues Wikström. "I started demoing songs and in May 2009 we were ready to hit the studio."

Produced and recorded in Stockholm, Sweden by Anders Wikström, partly together with keyboard player Patrick Appelgren, "Coup de Grace" is an album that's going to stand out in a musical climate where mediocrity and superficiality are an asset but where talent, musicianship and dedication is not required to make the charts.

"Coup de Grace" track listing:

01. Prelude - Coup de Grace

02. The War Is Over

03. All In

04. Paper Tiger

05. Roar

06. A Life To Die For

07. Tangled Up

08. Skies of Mongolia

09. Heaven Can Wait

10. I'm Not Runnin'

11. No Way Without You

12. We Own The Night

13. All For Love

14. Breathless

treatcd.jpg

treatband.jpg

Twenty-five years after the release of their sensational debut album, "Scratch and Bite", and eighteen years since their last self-titled studio album saw the light of day, Swedish melodic rock legends TREAT will return with a brand new CD, "Coup De Grace".

Due on March 19 in Europe and April 6 in the U.S. via Frontiers Records, "Coup de Grace" is the album that every melodic rock fan hoped for but never dared to dream of: a classic rock masterpiece with thunderous guitars, powerful yet seductive melodies and hook-laden songs, all wrapped up in a production that combines the best of "now" and "then."

"It's been twenty-five years in the making," says guitarist and main songwriter Anders Wikström. "Since day one I knew we had this album in us. The ideas were there. The vision. But it took us this long to find the right tools to make it all come true. It took five albums, millions of miles on the road, a thirteen-year-long break and a whole new perspective on life to get it right. In hindsight, it now seems that everything we've done since we formed the band has been pointing in one direction. Of course, we didn't know it back then, but this is what we aimed for all along."

According to a press release, "Coup de Grace" is a collection of songs that is so much more than just kick-ass, sing-along rock'n'roll songs. They are more a sort of mini-autobiographies from five grown men reflecting on life.

"This album is a statement of who we are today," explains Wikström. "We're older… yeah, perhaps even wiser. We look at our lives and the world around us in a different way. I wanted to reflect that in our lyrics. I mean, we're all fathers and we raise our kids in a world that's in a turmoil. There's a lot of pressures, fears and tough expectations."

"We got back together in 2006 because we all missed playing together. We released a compilation album and did a tour, but we weren't sure what to do next. In 2008 we all felt that we had an album to do," continues Wikström. "I started demoing songs and in May 2009 we were ready to hit the studio."

Produced and recorded in Stockholm, Sweden by Anders Wikström, partly together with keyboard player Patrick Appelgren, "Coup de Grace" is an album that's going to stand out in a musical climate where mediocrity and superficiality are an asset but where talent, musicianship and dedication is not required to make the charts.

"Coup de Grace" track listing:

01. Prelude - Coup de Grace

02. The War Is Over

03. All In

04. Paper Tiger

05. Roar

06. A Life To Die For

07. Tangled Up

08. Skies of Mongolia

09. Heaven Can Wait

10. I'm Not Runnin'

11. No Way Without You

12. We Own The Night

13. All For Love

14. Breathless

treatcd.jpg

treatband.jpg

Very few bands could get away with shit like this...TREAT is one of them...can't wait for this.

Haha. What the hell's up with the imagery? As Bob says, though, it's Treat. They can do what the f*ck they want. :lol: Dying to hear this thing...

Those 4 samples are just excellent - love the slight modern vibe to the sound.

If they can keep that standard up for the whole album it will definitely be contender for album of the year.

However..........WTF is that album cover and picture?? That's just embarrassing. Thanks God it will go on my iphone and i wont have to stare at that for too long LOL!

Cant wait for this tho. Should be great.

I just caught those four sound samples on melodicrock. Very cool. "A Life To Die For" is an awesome ballad. It sounds like an excellent mix of the old and the new. I'll definitely be keeping in on my watch list.

I just caught those four sound samples on melodicrock. Very cool. "A Life To Die For" is an awesome ballad. It sounds like an excellent mix of the old and the new. I'll definitely be keeping in on my watch list.

This CD is going to be a rocker musically there best to date !! Cover could have been better though , but the music makes up for the cover.

These are killer clips - that ballad "A Life To Die For" is just sensational....

Been listening to this all day!!! You will NOT be disappointed! Tune into my radio show tomorrow (Wednesday) from 7-10 PM EST to hear a few tracks!

Wow this is fantastic! Huge melodies, production, and harmonies! You'll also hear some tracks from the new CRAZY LIXX, ROYAL HUNT, and RATT!

http://www.myspace.com/themetalmadman

http://www.themetalmadman.com/tunein.html

MADMANTREAT.jpg

Listening now. Only 3 cuts in so far, but it is EXCELLENT!

So far, 2010 is off to a cracking shot with this, Auras, and Wig Wam.

-Dan

I soooooooo want to hear this.

& I hate anyone who already has ;-)))

Ok, this album has some REALLY good songs.

Example: I'm Not Running (hi-res complete song)

Starts off with a bit of a modern vibe, but then takes off bigtime!

-Dan

Another killer track. Thanks Dan. Can't wait for this thing.

Anybody who owns or has heard this who can put a full track-by-track rundown on this thread? As much detail as possible please, comments saying how awesome it is are not helpful to someone as impatient as me. :lol:

Anybody who owns or has heard this who can put a full track-by-track rundown on this thread? As much detail as possible please, comments saying how awesome it is are not helpful to someone as impatient as me. :lol:

backed.

Ok, this album has some REALLY good songs.

Example: I'm Not Running (hi-res complete song)

Starts off with a bit of a modern vibe, but then takes off bigtime!

-Dan

Dan,

They must be taking the piss with this track surely??

This is either a blatant rip off or a cover number -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idUp9_h3PYw

Mind you I dont know who originally wrote the track. If Treat didnt they could be in trouble..........esp changing the name of the song :unsure:

By the way the Stanfour debut album is excellent if anyone's is interested.

Cheers

I like all those samples, but I must admit im not blown away by it like I thought i would be.

The 4 original samples were definitely the stand outs for me. & 'All For Love'...that sounded pretty special too.

This is either a blatant rip off or a cover number -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idUp9_h3PYw

Mind you I dont know who originally wrote the track. If Treat didnt they could be in trouble..........esp changing the name of the song :unsure:

After watching the video, I think the Treat version is crunchier.

If Treat (or one of its members) didn't originally compose the song, then I would assume it's just a cover.

Heck, if Jaded Heart can cover The Backstreet Boys and Children of Bodom can cover Britney Spears, then anything is possible. :lol: