Guns for Hyre - Shoot from the Hip

Uncle saxon

Anyone ever heard of this obscure Sioux Falls, SD band? I have a cassette from them of this album from 1990. Very solid release!! Couldn't find any info on them online though. Did they release anything else?

gunsforhyre_edited.jpg

Hey friend

This looks awesome...never heard of them. Any chance of getting this uploaded to hear...they look great...

Damn I live in Sioux Falls and have never heard of them. I'm gonna have to do some snooping around and see what I can find. Would love to hear it, any way you can transfer the cassette to mp3's?

Damn I live in Sioux Falls and have never heard of them. I'm gonna have to do some snooping around and see what I can find. Would love to hear it, any way you can transfer the cassette to mp3's?

Ya ever heard the Freeloaders, ER? I love that album!!

Uncle Sax the band only released it on cassette tape and was there only release , they were signed to a smaller label but broke up before they could release that .They later went on to be known as Razor Kane ............I do have there unreleased material very cool better than Shoot From The Hip ...The vocalist now is in television doing local stuff ......

Uncle Sax the band only released it on cassette tape and was there only release , they were signed to a smaller label but broke up before they could release that .They later went on to be known as Razor Kane ............I do have there unreleased material very cool better than Shoot From The Hip ...The vocalist now is in television doing local stuff ......

Hey rockdoc

Cool...is it possible to make me a cdr of the unreleased Razor Kane stuff...PM me.

Cheerz

Interesting! So the lead singer must be the same guy that has the local Sioux Falls tv show Out N About With Terri N Todd! I have the Razor Kane album Liver Up, pretty good but not exactly fantastic. I've talked to that guy a couple times at Dakota Rock Fest. I'll have to ask him about the Guns For Hyre album.

Interesting! So the lead singer must be the same guy that has the local Sioux Falls tv show Out N About With Terri N Todd! I have the Razor Kane album Liver Up, pretty good but not exactly fantastic. I've talked to that guy a couple times at Dakota Rock Fest. I'll have to ask him about the Guns For Hyre album.

So what's your favorite Hot Plate? ;)

That vid with Damon is hilarious.

Well, here's the email I got back from the lead singer. Not much, but it's a start.

Rick

I was the lead singer in both bands. Mahny years ago! I have all the music we recoded on discs, and someday will try to find the time to convert it all to mp3. Busy now with TV, as I produce Nature Adventures on SDPB. but once I get around to it, I have no problem sharing the music with you.

• 3 years later...

So for those that have heard it, is this 'Guns for Hyre' album pretty decent? Something that deserves a cd reissue?