anti-Twilight thread

66 mustang

I liked the CONAN O'BRIEN bits where he has the angstridden teen vampire intern, Cody Devaroux. hey always end with him running out into the sun. Conan later added a shirtless buff werewolf, mummy, and the reoccuring goofy frankenstein.

If you haven't seen the SNL Short FIRELIGHT, check for it on youtube or nbc.com. It is Twilight with Frankensteins, and is priceless. It really nails the whole spirt of the movie. :)

Myself, I'm tired of vampires, I wish they would make more giant-monsters-wrecking-cities movies. I guess CLOVERFEILD kind of put a stink on that genre, but I am prob one of the few people who liked that movie.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say, screw "Twilight." If you wanna see where the whole "teen girl in love with a 200 year old vampire" genre originated, Re-runs of the "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" tv show (and they did it better, with prodigious amounts of jumor, butt kicking and violence) are now airing on the LOGO network. I just stumbled across it this morning.

...LOGO happens to be a gay-and-lesbian themed channel, by the way, but I don't care. I haven't seen this show in ages. Sarah Michelle Gellar was soooo freakin' HOT when this show first started!!

...Watching LOGO won't make me ghey, will it? :blink:

• 5 months later...

Still haven't seen one of them yet. That said, I'd still see these if the opportunity arose, whereas I would vacate the room if someone tried to put Harry Potter on in front of me... :)

funny, funny, funny!!!!!!!

'Paranormal' trail 'scares Twilight fans'

Wednesday, June 30 2010, 6:08pm EDT

By Ryan LoveTweet

A cinema chain has reportedly pulled the teaser trailer for Paranormal Activity 2 after receiving complaints that it was too frightening.

The newly-released clip is attached to The Twilight Saga: Eclipse, which began midnight screenings in the US last night.

Variety reports that Cinemark has now decided to remove the trailer which runs alongside the new Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows promo.

The chain apparently told Paramount that more theatres could pull the trailer if there are any more complaints.

• 2 weeks later...

The first two Twilight movies made their way to my home. I didn't have anything better to do so I watched them. The first movie was just awful. It was shot more like a documentary. The movie was a bunch of random scenes thrown together with nothing to really connect them. The second one was a lot better, but still nothing great. Was invited to go see the new one. I immediately turned it down. If I would have accepted I would be there right now.

Thankfully I have been spared exposure to the "Twilight" virus thus far. Though the wife caught some of the first flick on Showtime a while back and now she's all into it. (SIGHHHH...)

I'm sure that all three movies will be available in some kinda DVD box set by this Christmas season. Instant Xmas gift for wifey, as long as she doesn't expect me to watch'em with her. "Here ya go, honey, Merry Christmas, enjoy'em, I'll be upstairs watching 'C.H.U.D.' for the 50th time." :lol:

Thankfully I have been spared exposure to the "Twilight" virus thus far. Though the wife caught some of the first flick on Showtime a while back and now she's all into it. (SIGHHHH...)

I'm sure that all three movies will be available in some kinda DVD box set by this Christmas season. Instant Xmas gift for wifey, as long as she doesn't expect me to watch'em with her. "Here ya go, honey, Merry Christmas, enjoy'em, I'll be upstairs watching 'C.H.U.D.' for the 50th time." :lol:

the things we do for love. ;)

you know, i have never seen CHUD.

In my book of wisdom....and it's a small book I'll admit, Anne Rice single handedly ruined the whole vampire genre by turning what were supposed to be the epitome of evil into effeminate goths with lace hankerchiefs to dab any blood from their pretty mouths, reduced to hanging around doorways looking foppish. I guess it's a case of "the little girls understand" ... and the frustrated housewives too :lol: Vampire Lestat...pah!

Vampires in film these days are comical, half of them are in My Chemical Romance.

As mentioned 30 Days of Night redressed the balance somewhat, indeed most enjoyable I say.

probably not. there is a 4th book that i'm sure will be a movie, if it hasn't already been made yet.