Saving Aimee - Fresh Since '88

Jez

Beat me to it - I posted this one over on the Music Vids thread. This is a KILLER tune, love the keys on it. I kinda liked their other two singles too - though the vocalist is pretty weak - but this one is awesome. Proper mid-80's Hi-Tech AOR (with a HAYWIRE feel to it).

Here's the video...

The album is produced by Justin Hawkins of The Darkness/Hot Leg and listening to the whole thing, you can hear he had a big influence on the whole thing, especially on the vocal style and guitar sound, although they are not as over the top as some of the Darkness vocals. I must say that 'Fresh Since '88' is by far the best track on the whole album and overall it is pretty weak songwise.

The album is produced by Justin Hawkins of The Darkness/Hot Leg and listening to the whole thing, you can hear he had a big influence on the whole thing, especially on the vocal style and guitar sound,

My interest was gaining until I read this. If this falls in my lap I still plan to see what you doods are talking about though.

The album is produced by Justin Hawkins of The Darkness/Hot Leg and listening to the whole thing, you can hear he had a big influence on the whole thing, especially on the vocal style and guitar sound,

My interest was gaining until I read this. If this falls in my lap I still plan to see what you doods are talking about though.

I'm not saying they sound like the Darkness Geoff, so don't worry too much. As I said,, there are little bits that crop up here and there throughout the album that you can tell Mr.Hawkins has lent a hand on shall we say. The guitar sound and some of the vocalists phrasings especially (not his falsetto warblings though so don't worry). When I first heard the single, I thought straight away that something sounded familiar somewhere and when the CD arrived and I saw his name plastered all over it, it all became clear.

'Fresh Since '88' is a rather excellent track mate, so don't let your hate of the Darkness put you off. ;)

Cool. I'll still try to give it a go should the opportunity arise. There's quite a few new releases at the moment on my radar. As long as this dude sings and doesn't do whatever it is that Hawkins reckons he's doing when he opens his mouth, then that'll be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, definitely not for me. Half decent, I guess, but imho there are about a million of these pop rock bands doing this... but a much better version of it. I hope you guys in this thread have checked out the new Boys Like Girls and Faber Drive CDs, for example. :)