You paid a designer for that?!

phaffas

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1366.jpg

77078.JPG

I quite like these covers actually. They suit the prog theme, imo.

I think some folks are getting away from the original point of the thread. It's not covers you just dislike, it's covers that look like they were designed by children, or executed by someone's mom using MS Word. The amateurish look.

Personally, there's nothing wrong with those Dream Theater covers. The meaning may be oblique, but they aren't thrown together with clipart.

Some of my faves:

GEMINI2.JPGMARCHELLO1.JPGNATION1.JPGPANTERA_MM.JPGPANTERA_PITJ.JPGPANTERA_IATN.JPGHARLET1.JPGSTRANGER_WBL.JPG

And just about every unsigned death metal band ever put on the planet... most of those hand-drawn covers/logos are BAD.

And just about every unsigned death metal band ever put on the planet... most of those hand-drawn covers/logos are BAD.

Just the same thoughts in my head. The list is almost endless...

Maybe this one is offtopic too, but it always comes to my mind when we're talking about bad covers.

Is it artistic or just fuckin' disgusting? :whistle:

Cadaver - Hallucinating Anxiety

Hallucinating%20Anxiety.jpg

Is it artistic or just fuckin' disgusting? :whistle:

Cadaver - Hallucinating Anxiety

Definitely the latter, mate ! :puke:

• My Little Pony
Did not know early-Pantera artwork was that hideous up close.

If you ask me, it's still hideous from afar. If I turn away, I'm sure it's still repulsive.

.the only thing that could top this off is a random squiggle!! o wait there is one! WHY?!

Not to defend the album, but its not a 'random squiggle' its a DNA strand, and the reason why would be the album name as DNA are the building blocks of living things.

It is shit tho!

There was a time when I closely scrutinized an album cover front & back to see if it might be something I'd like but today there's no excuse for buying completely shitty releases so now I look at the cover the first few spins and after that I don't pay attention.....as a matter of fact if you stripped off the band name & title of my entire collection I'd only be able to put a band name to about half of them.... :lol:

This is again a little off topic, but as far as I'm concerned this is about as bad as it gets:

ARENA_A.JPG

For those who don't know, this is the side project from a member of Bad Habit, who are in fact an excellent melodic rock band. This, however, is terrifying imagery. Were they purposely trying to look as much like a homosexual couple as possible? Is there a single thing they could have done to look gayer?

My wife's pretty much just used to all the hair bands I listen to and while she's still petrified by many images, she saw this cover the other day when I accidentally left it lying around (usually I'd keep this hidden as cleverly as possible) and she actually lifted it from it's place and said, 'what the f*ck is this shit?'

Sadly, I had no answer. :(

This is again a little off topic, but as far as I'm concerned this is about as bad as it gets:

ARENA_A.JPG

... Is there a single thing they could have done to look gayer?

Yes. They could have had you standing in the center of the two.

...Just Kidding... :tumbsup:

ARENA_A.JPG

I was actually going to place myself in there when I asked that question.

Seriously, though, my face should have been in the middle and they're both kissing one of my cheeks. That would have been awesome.

ARENA_A.JPG

The ANGEL Sinful cover was just about as gay but it is a great album. I like Bad Habit, is this any good??

This one looks horrible

dc28124128a033166b929010.L._SL500_AA200_.jpg

This one looks like it was made in 2 minutes

I%20Am%20Alive.jpg

Maybe someone will tell me what is this ?

493.jpg

Alien ?

alien.jpg

I don't know what's that, it's probably not blood, but it looks like blood :)

bobby_kimball.jpg

You wouldn't guess it's AOR

Guideo+Mineo_www.rocking-maniacs.blogspot.com.jpg

No comment needed

alliance.jpg

I know it works with the "Don't wait up" CD title, but still I think it didn't help them gain success :)

curfew.jpg

ARENA_A.JPG

The ANGEL Sinful cover was just about as gay but it is a great album. I like Bad Habit, is this any good??

Nah mate, avoid it. I don't even know why I got it (the au$5 price tag, I think). It's pretty much a Bad Habit CD song-wise, but with a dance backing track all through the album. Seriously, it's quite awful and hard to listen to at times.

And nice selection, Peter. I don't mind the Alien one, but the rest are terrible.

The JOURNEY cover is a picture of Steve Perry without skin.

None of my covers have appeared on this thread... Yet. There is still time for me to create total shit.

You may be completely and utterly wrong about Steel Panther, but you have no troubles designing up a treat, that's for sure. Seriously, those Eonian discs look freakin' awesome - every one of them. Keep up the good work. :):tumbsup:

I defy anyone to come up with a worse one than THIS:

(1994)%20-%20Metal%20Church%20-%20Hanging%20In%20The%20Balance.jpg

Not only the worst album cover in the history of metal, but quite possibly in the entire history of recorded music.

I defy anyone to come up with a worse one than THIS:

(1994)%20-%20Metal%20Church%20-%20Hanging%20In%20The%20Balance.jpg

Not only the worst album cover in the history of metal, but quite possibly in the entire history of recorded music.

Well... Blackheart Records didn't put a lot of money into that Metal Church project. Although I am in the minority, I rather like the release. Metal Church was the first (and last) metal band on Blackheart Records.