Crazy Lixx - new album in 2010!

Glen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got the album, it's really good. the track "Blame it on Love" is sensationel.

Overall not as sleazy as you'd think.

Yeah, to be honest I don't even think 'Loud Minority' is really "sleaze" at all either. Just awesome melodic / commercial (well at least 80's style anyway) hard rock.

Seriously this song "Blame it on Love", I can't stop playing it :omg:

I assume you have an advance copy?

Can you give us a track by track review??

Cheers

1. Rock and a Hard Place: Typical powerful opener, not the strongest of choruses, which has distorted vocals (I hate that), the verses are excellent though.

2. My Medicine: A funky tune with an "Unskinny Bob"-like intro. In some way the bridge and chorus reminds me of Hysteria-era Def Leppard.

3. 21 'Til I Die: highly melodic song, with some 'ooh oh ooh ooh's' going on, one of my favorite songs so far, reminds me of Kane Roberts Saints and Sinners album.

4. Blame it on Love: The albums absolute strongest song. A semi-ballad which has an AOR flavour to it, looong harmonic and melodic chorus.

5. Road to Babylon: Another standout track, reminds me of Shotgun Messiah (on Second Coming) it has that roughness, light punk feel to it, maybe it's in the title :)

6. Children of the Cross: Kinda like "Blame it on Love" but not nearly as catchy, I think they were trying to capture something epic with this song, the sound is just a little too thin, imo.

7. The Witching Hour: The verses sounds alot like "Still Kicking" with Danger Danger (Paul Laine version). Punchy and heavy tune, too heavy for me towards the end.

8. Lock Up Your Daughter: Great song, typical party rocker, although the chorus kicks of a bit weird, with some odd breakdowns.

9. Shes Mine: Amazing song, starts out like a Stage Dolls song. A real summer 'cruising with the top down' hit, bluesy in places, with piano and Thunder "Everybody wants her"-like horn.

10. What of our love: The albums big power ballad, not instantly catchy, but it gets better with time, kinda reminds me of Swedish Eroticas "Sweetest of Sins".

11. Desert Bloom: Cinderella style slide guitar and foot stomp for 45 seconds, works as intro to "Voodoo Woman"

12. Voodoo Woman: Great hard rock song, it's textbook but convincingly and skillfully executed, the very end of the chorus reminds me of Gotthards "Mountain Mama".

1. Rock and a Hard Place: Typical powerful opener, not the strongest of choruses, which has distorted vocals (I hate that), the verses are excellent though.

2. My Medicine: A funky tune with an "Unskinny Bob"-like intro. In some way the bridge and chorus reminds me of Hysteria-era Def Leppard.

3. 21 'Til I Die: highly melodic song, with some 'ooh oh ooh ooh's' going on, one of my favorite songs so far, reminds me of Kane Roberts Saints and Sinners album.

4. Blame it on Love: The albums absolute strongest song. A semi-ballad which has an AOR flavour to it, looong harmonic and melodic chorus.

5. Road to Babylon: Another standout track, reminds me of Shotgun Messiah (on Second Coming) it has that roughness, light punk feel to it, maybe it's in the title :)

6. Children of the Cross: Kinda like "Blame it on Love" but not nearly as catchy, I think they were trying to capture something epic with this song, the sound is just a little too thin, imo.

7. The Witching Hour: The verses sounds alot like "Still Kicking" with Danger Danger (Paul Laine version). Punchy and heavy tune, too heavy for me towards the end.

8. Lock Up Your Daughter: Great song, typical party rocker, although the chorus kicks of a bit weird, with some odd breakdowns.

9. Shes Mine: Amazing song, starts out like a Stage Dolls song. A real summer 'cruising with the top down' hit, bluesy in places, with piano and Thunder "Everybody wants her"-like horn.

10. What of our love: The albums big power ballad, not instantly catchy, but it gets better with time, kinda reminds me of Swedish Eroticas "Sweetest of Sins".

11. Desert Bloom: Cinderella style slide guitar and foot stomp for 45 seconds, works as intro to "Voodoo Woman"

12. Voodoo Woman: Great hard rock song, it's textbook but convincingly and skillfully executed, the very end of the chorus reminds me of Gotthards "Mountain Mama".

Thanks for the rundown of this one!!! Soooooooooooo looking forward to this disc!!! :banger:

Jesus, im in love with those soundbites. Seriously if the whole album is that good, i cant see anything beating this for album of the year.

I mean they are wicked.

Even better than i had hoped for!

Cheers

Just listened to these 4 clips again

:bowdown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hope the Australia's distro company is on the ball and get this out and along with all other Frontiers titles which came out past few months.

Received this one today and what can I say? I had high expectations and they were more than fullfilled!

Fantastic album which I can't stop playing, no fillers and (as always when Chris Laney is involved) a million-dollar bucks production. Seriously, this one along with Treat's "Coup de Grace" belongs in every collection! Instant classic, period.

Received this one today and what can I say? I had high expectations and they were more than fullfilled!

Fantastic album which I can't stop playing, no fillers and (as always when Chris Laney is involved) a million-dollar bucks production. Seriously, this one along with Treat's "Coup de Grace" belongs in every collection! Instant classic, period.

Yeah I agree mate. Fantastic album from start to finish. This along with Treat are a long way ahead of the pack IMO.

Yeah I agree mate. Fantastic album from start to finish. This along with Treat are a long way ahead of the pack IMO.

Backed 100 %. I'm pround to be Swedish this spring ;) and Crash Diet and Heat hasn't landed yet

Backed 100 %. I'm pround to be Swedish this spring ;) and Crash Diet and Heat hasn't landed yet

Crashdiet and Heat are going to be stunning as well from what I've heard so far, so that makes at least 4 Swedish classics in 2010 :drink: What I like best of that is the fact that three of those four bands are young bands, which have a great future ahead! :banger:

It is definitely a very good solid disc with some very good songs, although I do think it lacks the one real killer track that some of the recent releases have had. Further spins will see if it gets any better.

It is definitely a very good solid disc with some very good songs, although I do think it lacks the one real killer track that some of the recent releases have had. Further spins will see if it gets any better.

Let me give you my 2 killer tracks....

Blame It On Love

Road To Babylon

2 of my fav tracks this year

Cheers

Super album. 3-4 tracks absolutely blow me away, with the rest all top quality also.

Only had 2-3 listens, and at this stage still think the debut is slightly ahead.

Mmmm, its a real close one. Having listened to the newie a lot now, i'd say it just edges it. The first half of the album is just stunning.