Guardian First Watch, 20 year anniversary reissue.

kethdredd

Thanx Retrospect guys, for make believe in miracles :bowdown: of most waiting reissues.

That's Retroactive Records, not Retrospect.

'Cause I'm nitpicky like that. B)

Usually pretty good quality. Remastered by Cliffy (Of Main Line Riders fame). The packaging is usually decent (although never deluxe) this is another company that seems to be going all digipak.

Guardian-Proof-120.jpg

:lol: Nice cover. Seriously, hoping to own this one very soon.

• 1 month later...

First 3 Guardian cd's are good. Not worth picking anything up after that. The First Watch cd was reissued in 1996. You could purchase it directly from the band out of HM magazine only. I have that copy. It has a couple of extra songs and the disc is like a translucent yellow picture disc. Very cool. It was release together with the same advertisement of their cd Delicious Bite Size Meat Pies. I bought them both.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Fire And Love is by far the only Guardian worth getting, it's also their most commercial sounding disk, but I believe you can tell they use Peavey amps the second you hear a guitar open the cd!! Jaimies best vocal work in his history, imo, theres not even a close second, but what do I know? I listen to Wham! and wear spandex!!

• 8 months later...
  • My Little Pony

Wow, there's always a lot of controversy over these guys. Some hate 'em, some love 'em. Some only love the first two, some only love the first, or the second, or the third, never any release past that--for good reason. IMO, Miracle Mile is their best, but, then who gives a shit? With Guardian, it seems no two opinions are ever the same.

Really liked the first two discs. Especially the ballad "Never Say Goodbye".

you didn't like the Miracle Mile disc? that is a great disc. Fire and Love is great also. First Watch almost gets no listens from me. I guess I enjoy Jamie Rowes voice way more than the first guy. The first album was ok for me for what it was but the band really took off on the 2nd album, Fire And Love.

Wow, there's always a lot of controversy over these guys. Some hate 'em, some love 'em. Some only love the first two, some only love the first, or the second, or the third, never any release past that--for good reason. IMO, Miracle Mile is their best, but, then who gives a shit? With Guardian, it seems no two opinions are ever the same.

their 4th Swing Swang Swung was still pretty good. Had some amazing ballads on that.

• My Little Pony

their 4th Swing Swang Swung was still pretty good. Had some amazing ballads on that.

You see what I'm sayin'?

I even like Bottle Rocket. I really don't like BUZZ at all but it does have about 3 really good songs on it.

I still own Buzz and Bottle Rocket.. but they dont deserve to be near my other cds. The live album at the time of these songs sounds so much better then the studio versions.