pete_steel seller on ebay

I have dealt with him as a seller.

He bought a CD off me, but asked me to ship it to someone else in the USA.

I have a feeling he may buy off other people for cheaper than he sells to someone else, then gets you to ship the item for him, saving him having to pay for the extra postage.

He was absolutely fine to deal with, so I couldnt say for sure whether he is dodgy or not, but going by other people he buys from, it could be hit of miss.

endangeredcds is obviously reputable, but I know a lot of people think highscoolgirl is a seller of boots, and he has bought off of both of them.

He may very well be genuine, and is just using a loophole with the buying and selling, but it does raise questions as to whether he has ever seen some of the CDs he is selling, meaning he has no idea if they are genuine or not.

Thanks for the info...checking up on what he's purchased lately, sure enough, he bought a copy of the exact cd I won from him. And the person he bought from has sold multiple copies recently, which means I'm getting a boot. Which in turn means he's getting a claim filed against him. Fuck, I'm tired of dealing with all these crooks on ebay lately!

I have a feeling he may buy off other people for cheaper than he sells to someone else, then gets you to ship the item for him, saving him having to pay for the extra postage.

He was absolutely fine to deal with, so I couldnt say for sure whether he is dodgy or not, but going by other people he buys from, it could be hit of miss.

endangeredcds is obviously reputable, but I know a lot of people think highscoolgirl is a seller of boots, and he has bought off of both of them.

He may very well be genuine, and is just using a loophole with the buying and selling, but it does raise questions as to whether he has ever seen some of the CDs he is selling, meaning he has no idea if they are genuine or not.

Not trying to high-jack this thread, but speaking of highschoolgirl, I won a copy of the Crush - E/P from this seller and it wasn't a bootleg, however looking over the sellers CDs, it appears they could be selling boots because of the multiple copies they are selling of the same CDs each week. But the 1 CD I won was legit.

Not trying to high-jack this thread, but speaking of highschoolgirl, I won a copy of the Crush - E/P from this seller and it wasn't a bootleg, however looking over the sellers CDs, it appears they could be selling boots because of the multiple copies they are selling of the same CDs each week. But the 1 CD I won was legit.

The HOT BOY - Barely Legal CD I bought from highscoolgirl is legit as well. But it is kind of strange that she/he has multiple copies of this CD to sell.

As I say, I dont think this Pete Steel guy is trying to rip anyone off, but he has obviously worked out a scam that enables him to not actually have any stock, and cant guarantee the validity of the CDs he sends as he never sees them.

Will be interesting to see where your CD ships from.

Guest stranger

I've bought anywhere between 15 and 20 cd's from Pete in the past and as far as I can judge all of these were genuine and definately not fakes.

Shipping was done from Bulgaria where Pete lives.

My impression on him is of a very friendly, helpful and enthousiastic character.

@chokularok or anyone else who has an issue with a cd you bought from him I would suggest to simply contact Pete and I'm sure he will get things sorted.

The HOT BOY - Barely Legal CD I bought from highscoolgirl is legit as well. But it is kind of strange that she/he has multiple copies of this CD to sell.

why's this strange?

why's this strange?

Because it's not really a common CD on ebay. And suddenly there is a whole bunch of them from the same seller.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, I finally got the cd I won...bootleg city...cheap thin paper inserts with the colors so oversaturated it's not even funny. Best part is when you enter the UPC code in ebay's system it belongs to Keith Emerson - Boys Club Live In L.A. He has promised to issue a full refund...we'll see.

Just out of interest, what was the postmark on it?

Was it Bulgaria (think thats where he is based)?

I still think my theory is correct, and that he gets others to ship for him, which is why its hit or miss as to whether you get a boot or not.

Shame, as he does seem like a nice guy, and I had hoped that his worst crime was taking a risk by getting others to ship for him.

If he is purposely shipping boots as well, thats just inexcusable.

At least he is willing to offer refund, hope he follows through with it!

We'll see...the offer for the refund was made a couple weeks ago when I let hm know that I was aware of him buying from other sellers. He trotted out the standard "I sell what I sell...if you're not happy with what you get I'll refund your money" line. Haven't heard anything from him yet. <_<

To furthur update to let everybody know what kinda scum this guy is...after refunding my money, he has opened an unpaid item dispute with me on ebay.

Well I dont see that he has a leg to stand on really.

The item is not only significantly not as described, but its also illegal.

eGay policies these days are that buyers have a lot more protection than sellers, so hopefully you will not get a strike against you.

• 4 weeks later...
Anybody else dealt with this character? Don't know for sure yet, but I'm fairly positive that he's selling bootlegs.

I can try to help you to find out if the CD you purchased from him is bootleg,if you can tell me the title and the matrix code of the CD.

This guy had purchased some CDs from me in the past and I can say that he seems a good guy.However he is probably selling bootlegs,but I am not sure if he knows that some CDs that he sells are bootlegs.